Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    You're not an investment banker or an accountant for PwC, I have no idea why you constantly loathe over these occupations in every sub-forum when you haven't even step foot into the business, let alone university. Once you become an investment banker, work 80-120 hours a week, experience the "magic roundabout" and earn 1/50th of what your bosses earn, let me know.

I know countless graduates who have worked so hard to get into investment banking and are now working equally as hard to get out of it.
    Whether it ends up being a good decision for someone personally or not, I don't think you could call them a loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    Di Maria is in exactly the same position as Cavani. Big name, future at the club looking unstable, big name teams want them. I would honestly take Ibra for 2 years, and who are you tell me to stop posting?
    You have an abundance of wide players/attacking midfielders and he would cost an outrageous amount of money, there's good reason why Arsenal have not been linked to him.

No **** you would take Ibra for two years, every club in the ****ing world would. It's ridiculously unrealistic that he'd even leave PSG before his contract ends, especially to take a downwards step to Arsenal. I'm telling you to stop posting because I'd rather not read your delusional bull**** x

ReputationRep:
    what respectable man wants to work 80-120 hours a week in life that is losing in my book how would you find time to shuffle to some house and bang sluts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by baconbutty)
    what respectable man wants to work 80-120 hours a week in life that is losing in my book how would you find time to shuffle to some house and bang sluts
    Point is they've obviously been successful to get there, then it's a matter of if they actually enjoy it

Anyway Woodward specifically is obviously not a loser, he's #winning
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yesss I diddd)
    You have an abundance of wide players/attacking midfielders and he would cost an outrageous amount of money, there's good reason why Arsenal have not been linked to him.

No **** you would take Ibra for two years, every club in the ****ing world would. It's ridiculously unrealistic that he'd even leave PSG before his contract ends, especially to take a downwards step to Arsenal. I'm telling you to stop posting because I'd rather not read your delusional bull**** x
    Calm down, if you don't want to read my 'delusional [nonsense]' then go back to the Liverpool forum, because I am not going to stop posting in my club's thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Point is they've obviously been successful to get there, then it's a matter of if they actually enjoy it

Anyway Woodward specifically is obviously not a loser, he's #winning
    money aint the be all and end all really i think id rather go off on the decks with the boys and tuck in to a few class As than be a banker who can afford a nice thing or two but has no social life

ReputationRep:
    thats not to say i don't respect a man in a suit whos worked hard cus we'd all like to be there when our partyin days are over

ReputationRep:
    money aint the be all and end all really i think id rather go off on the decks with the boys and tuck in to a few class As than be a banker who can afford a nice thing or two but has no social life
    So would I, but it's still a hard job to get to the top in so they've been successful to get there. Once they've got there then it's a question of if they actually enjoy it yeah

ReputationRep:
    Tbh it is. I don't believe any of that spiritual crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Tbh it is. I don't believe any of that spiritual crap.
    a big house n all that *******s would be nice but im as happy as i can be when im listenin to music and going to festivals

ReputationRep:
    Lol you sound like my friends

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I get you tbf.

Friendship is just as important as money tbh. I think it's a balance tho.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    I get you tbf.

This. It's great to have friends and value them, but it isn't going to do much if you are broke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    I get you tbf.

Depends how you choose your friends though. Often, you'll find that different people that enter your life serve different purposes (i.e not all of your friends will possess the same personalities)

It's a matter of getting the balance right, because with the right friend you could be equally as "successful" and still have a social life (so someone that shares the same path as you) or you could have just a friend that wouldn't necessarily help you get anywhere in life (so you'll end up sharing his/her path of enjoyment and not have much of an aim in life, for example)

Or, quite simply.. You could have both which means having the best of both worlds.

The CEO at the place I work told me that he met his "best friend" at the age of 21/22ish.. And they became so close because they shared the same path (they've been friends for 30ish years now) mainly because when you mature you find more people similar to you - the point here is that childhood friends don't always last (I've seen so myself actually)

Friends can have a huge effect on you if you wanna keep a balance between work & social life

ANYWAY - imagine we get Cavani, that'll mean PSG get Di Maria.. Which'll mean united will be PISSED LOLOL

I hope it's all dependent on next Wednesday, in which case I hope we win

ReputationRep:
    The one who wants to be paid bucket loads or working towards being paid bucket loads?

How else do you buy those fancy tickets at the Emirates/Old Trafford?

ReputationRep:
    that moment you realise we will have to rotate YAYA and Giroud for another 4th place finish, and how few strikers are actually available on the market.

another sideways transfer window:unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barneystin)
    that moment you realise we will have to rotate YAYA and Giroud for another 4th place finish, and how few strikers are actually available on the market.

another sideways transfer window:unimpressed:
    Lol

Who says you're getting 4th?
    The streak has to end at some point...

ReputationRep:
    It won't end this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luke_Mckeown)
    Lol

Who says you're getting 4th?
    The streak has to end at some point...
    we aint getting top 3 :rofl:

If we're top 2 by March...

Dont expect to win L/FA Cup as the elements of luck involved in draws etc. the laws of probability suggests it's probably not our year again
    probably will get past last 16 in CL.

the icing on the cake will be when we sign a LB in January, and still no DMF/ CF

#foreversideways

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Could this really happen?!
    Attached Images

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.