Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    That question showed, to me, clear bias in the wording. "Is it right?" should really be replaced by "is it justifiable?" or other more neutral wording, since as it is people who believe yes will answer no because of the stigmatisation of Nazism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baldness)
    These silly *******s know the UN schools are not safe but they keep putting their kids there...
    un schools UNITED NATIONS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baldness)
    These silly *******s know the UN schools are not safe but they keep putting their kids there...
    Where are the children suppose to go? Israel and Egypt have ordered a blockade, therefore, closing all borders meaning civilians cannot enter or leave the Gaza Strip.

ReputationRep:
    A vote for Labour or Conservatives is a vote for this you know. They have a political establishment into place that they control both left and right wing so no matter who you vote for they win.This is the case with Labour and Conservatives and it's the same in France, America with Republicans and Democrats. Even parties like BNP who let's get real are pretty racist don't support this evil or the wars in the middle east yet our so called left wing progressive politicians do. Only parties outside their control are worth fighting for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Comstock)
    Learn the definition of irony before you spout it.

Hitler didn't gas Zionists.
    I'm fully aware of the definition.

(Original post by Clip)
      Yes, when I get angry the first thing that springs to my mind is to become a member of the Third Reich.
      Nazism and Hitlers Germany is portrayed in a completely different educational light in the middle-east, while we learn about the "Horrors" of Nazi Germany, and just how bad they were.
      There school systems often paint him as nationalist revivalist and hero, who defended Germany against political corruption and social malignancy. Anti-semetim is culturally ingrained in a lot of Muslim countries, and a lot of Muslims have been raised to view Hitler as a hero who fought a pressing and dangerous problem and an immoral and degraded western europe and an atheistic and evil Russia.

So when you as an individual feel that your fellow-muslims are being "genocided" or put into a an "open air concentration camp"(as they like to spout) given that kind of educational background, it's a lot more understanding that you raise a hand and say Heil Hitler.

(Original post by BasharAssad)
        Israeli supporters chanting 'death to the arabs' caught on video, I can send you a link if you want.
        Two wrongs don't make a right, we are focusing on this issue dont try and detract from it by pointing to the same actions on the other side.

The (British) Media is shockingly bias in favour of Palestine and Gaza , so it's good to have a few shots taken at the Palestinians every now and again just to keep things balanced.

ReputationRep:
        Ah man, this is whole ordeal is so heartbreaking. It's like civilisation hasn't progressed from the mistakes of the last century. Heart. breaking.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Pinzgauer)
        Seems to have worked. Did Hezbollah attack since 2006?
        Interesting, so you spend all this time denying Israel's role in the intentional mass murder of civilians and then you claim it is justified. Mark Regev, is that you?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Bill_Gates)
        Oh Yes, Mohammed never had any conquests for land and power

LOL The hypocrisy of these Muslims is too much.
        I'm an atheist lol.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by UniOfLife)
        It would be pretty pointless to produce statistics that did not account for reality.
        That's kind of my point. Yet people do this a surprising amount.

ReputationRep:
        Israel are following The Hannibal Directive. simple as that. They would rather kill their own soldiers than have them captured by Hamas. captured soldiers are very valuable bargaining chips and thus Israel broke the ceasefire to kill the Israeli soldier and his captors. They have been doing this for over 30 years!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Excellent analysis.

ReputationRep:
        Yet the palestinians have genocide of Israel in their charter.

ReputationRep:
        Disapproving of the civilian casualties in the conflict, which are being disproportionately inflicted on Palestinian civilians, does not mean you have to support either Hamas or the Israeli government. This is something lots of people have trouble understanding.

ReputationRep:
        I don't think corruption is the right word.

It's a case of factional divides in the UN hindering their efforts to achieve world peace.

I think the point on the UN human rights council is a good one. It's seen as an absolute moral authority when perhaps it should not, and it's true that the UN is turning a blind eye to lots of abuses throughout the world.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
        Disapproving of the civilian casualties in the conflict, which are being disproportionately inflicted on Palestinian civilians, does not mean you have to support either Hamas or the Israeli government. This is something lots of people have trouble understanding.
        I don't think anyone has a problem with that.

It's the complete lack of objectivity. It's the willingness to accept casualty figures without seeing the manipulations behind the scenes.

It's the focus and scrutiny on Israel when there are very many other deadly conflicts in the region and indeed in Europe too.

How often in the news do we see a piece about Hamas tactics? all they say is that "Israel claims Hamas fires from civilian areas" - how about some proper journalism and investigate?

But they can't, because of fear from Hamas retribution. This is why journalists are afraid to tell the whole truth from Gaza about Hamas.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Clip)
        No, not at all.

Only the million-killing Iran-Iraq war, and getting heavily involved in Iraq and Syria in recent years.
        But at least it has equality.

ReputationRep:
        So, at least this ceasefire has actually lasted a unit of time. I wonder why Israel agreed with it seeing as they totally want to commit genocide, right?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by merrill)
        No idea, if you could quote me the figures I would be grateful because I don't actually know. They will be there, but probably hidden somewhere (proganda purposes obviously). An educated guess would be that Israel fires more artillery shells and bullets (certainly more bullets) whilst Hamas fires more mortar rounds and rockets.

And im more pro Israel, than pro Hamas, but this has been explained. Im certainly not pro killing civilians or anti Palestine.

This does not mean I wont be critical of Israel.

Posted from TSR Mobile
        It seems like no one knows.

Israel complains about the media focus on the Palestinian casualties and rockets fired from Gaza but it never tells us how much munitions it's fired into Gazze.

Quite strange. One would almost think that they had something to hide...

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.