Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Barclays Interview Complete. The guy called me half an hour early.. but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Barclays Interview Complete. The guy called me half an hour early.. but oh well.
    Happened here with MS, saved me from getting nervous before it How'd you get on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beige101)
    Happened here with MS, saved me from getting nervous before it How'd you get on?
    I suppose we'll see. Admittedly, it went as alright as an interview could go I imagine but its really just dependent on whether I've met their values and criteria. One question threw me a bit lol, it resembled snitching and my mind was like 'do I snitch or do I not snitch' :lol: #ThugLife

ReputationRep:
    I suppose we'll see. Admittedly, it went as alright as an interview could go I imagine but its really just dependent on whether I've met their values and criteria. One question threw me a bit lol, it resembled snitching and my mind was like 'do I snitch or do I not snitch' :lol: #ThugLife
    :lol: Hard to keep the values in mind. I remember the personality test.. Constantly thinking, 'I've said teamwork too much, need to pick independent.' Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Barclays and MS final round feedback:

Barclays

- follows a set of questions
    - make your answers concise otherwise you will have less time on the later ones
    - strengths based NOT competency
    - interpretation to the question is up to you
    - questions relate to how you feel about and deal with difficult situations

MS

- two very different interviews
    - commercial awareness is a must
    - motivation must be very clear and convince
    - ask questions! It is another chance to shine and show off your efforts and knowledge about the industry

All the best people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by welcometoib)
    president me said first barclays week runs from 23rd march, which is same as cs, and id assume the second one is during the week most ibs have their sws, which is also same as cs
    I've had friends who did both Barclays and CS last year. Hopefully they don't clash since i've got an interview with both of them..
    (Original post by curiouscyrus)
    Barclays and MS final round feedback:

Barclays

- follows a set of questions
    - make your answers concise otherwise you will have less time on the later ones
    - strengths based NOT competency
    - interpretation to the question is up to you
    - questions relate to how you feel about and deal with difficult situations

MS

- two very different interviews
    - commercial awareness is a must
    - motivation must be very clear and convince
    - ask questions! It is another chance to shine and show off your efforts and knowledge about the industry

All the best people
    Could you briefly explain what the big differences between strength based and competency are?

ReputationRep:
    competency is more about what are your skills now, when strenght based has a goal to check if you are eager to learn etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madvillainy)
    competency is more about what are your skills now, when strenght based has a goal to check if you are eager to learn etc
    What would you say is a typical strength-based question? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by limpan142)
    What would you say is a typical strength-based question? Thanks
    google it

Was that the guy who couldn't answer any questions about the actual spring week? The only thing he told me was that we we will be screened again (CV, competency questions, tests and interviews) before invited to their AC.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Manuelle)
      Was that the guy who couldn't answer any questions about the actual spring week? The only thing he told me was that we we will be screened again (CV, competency questions, tests and interviews) before invited to their AC.
      Most probably.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mralpha)
      I've had friends who did both Barclays and CS last year. Hopefully they don't clash since i've got an interview with both of them..

Could you briefly explain what the big differences between strength based and competency are?
      Even if both weeks clash is it not clear you could still do both spring weeks...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      How long are MS taking to get back to you all after first round?

ReputationRep:
      Does somebody know the CS HR email?

ReputationRep:
      The wait for your interviewer to call you is just terribble....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aenigma)
      Even if both weeks clash is it not clear you could still do both spring weeks...?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Correct me if i'm wrong but do you mean you can do two different spring weeks during the same week?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mralpha)
      Correct me if i'm wrong but do you mean you can do two different spring weeks during the same week?
      You could do the first week of barclays and the second week of credit suisse

Even if the two weeks both clash you can still do both spring weeks

Am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      What do you do if one of your interviewers does not call?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kiirankapoor)
      What do you do if one of your interviewers does not call?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      is this ms again? jeez. If you got the email of the first caller then you could maybe ask them?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Aenigma)
      You could do the first week of barclays and the second week of credit suisse

Even if the two weeks both clash you can still do both spring weeks

Am I missing something?

Posted from TSR Mobile
      thats assuming you get no other offers in the week that nearly all ibs host their sw, 13th-17th.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.