:lovehug:

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    :hugs: to everyone
    Thanks hun How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScaryScience)
    please don't put too much pressure on yourself :hugs:

:hugs:
    Have to drop the mice off at the petsitter's at 7, leaving to go up to Scotland tonight. Was really looking forward to it, but now I feel like I'll just be worried all the time and spoil it for everybody.

ReputationRep:
    i dont want to go to that school of mine ever again.so fed up of the double standers towards students there.

(Original post by superwolf)
    :cry2: I wish I could cope with this, but I'm doing all the wrong things.
    Oh hun, you're super smart I know you'll be able to sort things out! Plus you have an extremely organised Rob to help you :yep: when you're visiting we can discuss stuff and make money plans

---

Sort of girlfriend is really upset but she doesn't want to see anyone just now so I just feel useless

ReputationRep:
    Oops that anon was me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Thanks hun How are you?

I'm allright I guess. Off to a gig tonight and then to watch football tomorrow, so really excited for those. But still have feeling a bit lonely (bit of background, near enough all of my friends live in other parts of the country to me) . Doesn't help I am going to the gig tonight on my own, but in some ways that is a good thing (don't have to worry about losing people etc).

Hope you'll feel better soon , it's really not fair how they are treating you :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Oops that anon was me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I just don't know what to do now/how to make myself get up and do the stuff I need to. Feel completely stuck.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer

I'm allright I guess. Off to a gig tonight and then to watch football tomorrow, so really excited for those. But still have feeling a bit lonely (bit of background, near enough all of my friends live in other parts of the country to me) . Doesn't help I am going to the gig tonight on my own, but in some ways that is a good thing (don't have to worry about losing people etc).

Hope you'll feel better soon , it's really not fair how they are treating you :hugs:
    Oooh those are def two things to look forward to! Just think of it this way: even if your friends were with you at the gig, the music would drown out any conversation you might have! Plus it might act as a chance to make new friends
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I just don't know what to do now/how to make myself get up and do the stuff I need to. Feel completely stuck.
    Go do it and we'll all give you (unfortunately virtual) cookies? :puppyeyes: And remember to talk like a pirate

Aside from those unhelpful comments, don't know what to suggest seeing as I'm currently hiding in my room anyway, but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by furryface12)
    Go do it and we'll all give you (unfortunately virtual) cookies? :puppyeyes: And remember to talk like a pirate

Aside from those unhelpful comments, don't know what to suggest seeing as I'm currently hiding in my room anyway, but :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haven't even managed to bribe myself with coffee.

:hugs: to you too.

ReputationRep:
    Have to drop the mice off at the petsitter's at 7, leaving to go up to Scotland tonight. Was really looking forward to it, but now I feel like I'll just be worried all the time and spoil it for everybody.
    Please try not to worry - its a rubbish situation but there will be a way around it. im afraid im literally clueless about these kind of situations, but is there anyone you can get advice from - like the CAB or something? sorry if that's totally wrong, I have no clue cause its totally their mistake and they've had you believe you'd be receiving money when in fact they haven't decided im sorry I don't really have any advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Oooh those are def two things to look forward to! Just think of it this way: even if your friends were with you at the gig, the music would drown out any conversation you might have! Plus it might act as a chance to make new friends
    Ahh not going to happen. It is stupid. I find it so easy to talk to people online, but IRL there is zero chance of me talking to someone new unless we have a mutual friend who is there or something. Thanks though haha.

ReputationRep:
    feel horrible. cannot move out of bed. this is utter ****.

ReputationRep:
    Please try not to worry - its a rubbish situation but there will be a way around it. im afraid im literally clueless about these kind of situations, but is there anyone you can get advice from - like the CAB or something? sorry if that's totally wrong, I have no clue cause its totally their mistake and they've had you believe you'd be receiving money when in fact they haven't decided im sorry I don't really have any advice
    This is just what I do - hear bad news, panic for at least one day, and then hopefully pick up the pieces later. The problem is that I have all this stuff to do, if I don't do it now I'll let everyone including myself down, but I just can't move. :bawling:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Ahh not going to happen. It is stupid. I find it so easy to talk to people online, but IRL there is zero chance of me talking to someone new unless we have a mutual friend who is there or something. Thanks though haha.
    That's quite similar for me - am very bad at talking to people IRL. Even people who I know. You guys wouldn't believe it was me if I came to a meet and met you all

Either way, enjoy your evening!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Haven't even managed to bribe myself with coffee.

:hugs: to you too.
    :console: Give yourself twenty minutes for chocolate/coffee/mice/knitting something cool and then do ten minutes useful stuff then twenty minutes nice? It'll all get done eventually, doesn't help with the whole getting out of bed thing though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    Right, I want to buy a narrowboat. Mum and dad think it's a great idea and we're looking at around the £4k to £5k mark.

The thinking is: I'm going to need to pay for hotels in my hometown or I'll need to pay to live in halls. They're more expensive than the boats and the upkeep is fairly cheap. Bonus is it's not money wasted on rent, my family all love boating and it'll be a means of holidaying without huge costs - bonus since I'll be trapped in to the school terms so holidays are super expensive.

There's plenty of mooring space about half a mile away from my current placement and mooring in my hometown.

Does this sound like a reasonable idea or am I having a brain implosion caused by madness?

Gf is saying no but there's a hint that suggests she'll give in. It'd be my own space at last, cheap and easy to move around on.

It's a silly thing. Just knocked me because I didn't expect it again.

Children are apparently no longer terrified of detentions. I need to work on my thicker skin - I'm too nice

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The boat idea is AWESOME sounds ideal for you!

:hugs: you shouldnt ever have to put up with that kind of thing ever imo!

No such thing as too nice! Just a ****ty world that doesnt value niceness like it should!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tasha96)
    This is bull****. Theyve decided to do **** all (they wouldnt even read what I spent hours writing?!) after asking stupid questions like "so you were eight- was it consensual?" And "so being repeatedly raped- how did that make you feel?" "Oh perhaps Im being a bit blunt." What the actual ****?! These people were supposed to help but instead they got me crying hysterically then ****ing walked out the door?! So angry. :cry2:
    :hugs: that sounds awful! Why dont they think before saying things like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-duck)
    Sorryyyy... :ashamed:

Thanks Had a really great time in the end - completely knocked out by it sort of but I think it's better than cycling or something - as in with that I turn up to my destination hot, sweaty, red in the face and out of breath - rather than with this I've just walked out unable to stand Swam for a good 30 mins or so, with like 15 stopping and breathing but still. Was good
    Luckily not that many people there/had plenty of room to swim and get changed Now I've somehow got to walk into town :lol: Sorry for ramble but yays

It isn't too scary by itself :dontknow:
    Don't apologise! I'm sorry you've been quite wavy/up and down :console: been sort of similar recently too

Haha I just end of obsessing over prices and spending months deciding what to buy :facepalm: But getting a gaming headset soon/monday or so (in the post), for a tournament I'm doing with some friends :excited:

Heeeeey Paradox
    That sound pretty awesome tbh Though that said I'm probably not thinking practically and just thinking "oo boat :awesome:"
    I can imagine it being quite cramped/difficult to live in possibly, have you ever gone on holiday in one before/you might have a better idea than me
    Or could you rent one out for this term or half term or something and then decide whether to buy one?

--------------------------------

Waiting for the bus saw someone opposite who I remember seeing next year - we've never spoken but often sort of see each other round campus/indicate a hello/smile Should probably actually say hello at some point :lol:
    :hide:

Oh.
    I'm so sorry to hear that and I hope you're feeling better soon. My boyfriend has to go to university soon and I have to go home, back to my old rubbish life. :sad:

He might not be able to take his car, cos all permits are gone. people taken them. Messes things up even more seeing as hes 3 hours away. :'(

Me too! I'm like yes ill buy it *add to bag* no i cant. *move to saved items* What kind of tournament?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: it's okay lovely, we can do fun crafts to distract you from worrying or if you're really upset please don't feel obligated to come, I'd rather you did what's best for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.