Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Let's make an unofficial markscheme?

1. mitosis and meiosis, DNA replication and cell division

2. random segregation of chromosomes in anaphase 1 and of chromatids in anaphase 2, random fertilisation of egg, random fertilisation of sperm, crossing over, random mutation in meiosis and mitosis, chiasmata forming, random distribution of paternal and maternal DNA across the cells in meisos.

3.etc.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think exams could get any worse than they were.

I was wrong.

Fainted when walking down the steps into the exam. Teacher called ambulance had to get checked out then do the exam in the medical room.

ReputationRep:
    1. mitosis and meiosis, DNA replication and cell division (2 marks)

2. random segregation of chromosomes in anaphase 1 and of chromatids in anaphase 2, random fertilisation of egg, random fertilisation of sperm, crossing over, random mutation in meiosis and mitosis, chiasmata forming, random distribution of paternal and maternal DNA across the cells in meisos. (9 marks)

Has anyone got google docs?

ReputationRep:
    Could I get marks for having talked about barriers that could also cause genetic variation in the 9 marker question on second page. Like geographical barriers etc

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think ill get the mark on the first qu for telophase rather than cytokinesis

ReputationRep:
    Omds I swear some of those end questions were simply F211 - why are they asking us about bronchioles?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyPhilly)
    Her sympathetic nervous system is playing up. If she wants to calm down, her parasympathetic nervous system will need to be more dominant
    Nice 😂👏

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor_2_be)
    What seed???
    I think the question was about auxin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gro96)
    anyone think ill get the mark on the first qu for telophase rather than cytokinesis
    i also put telophase

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzieee4)
    I think the question was about auxin
    Oh. Yeah I remember now don't think I got it right though

ReputationRep:
    i think ive lost like 29 marks, do you think its still possible to get an A or maybe a high B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioAgent)
    Did it mention it in the question?
    No it didnt say gel electropherosis. It asked about the how the automated machine would order the DNA fragments and colour dye markers were mentioned in the stem so i assumed it'd be that the colour dye nucleotides act as stop nucleotides. To be honest the questions were so ambiguous everything i wrote were guesses cuz i wasnt sure what the questions were asking 😭

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to collab as a group and come up with a rough mark scheme? I remember most questions just not the marks for each

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctor_2_be)
    Oh. Yeah I remember now don't think I got it right though
    You just needed to say something like
    Auxin produced at tip, auxin when distribured moves to shady side so only shady side elongates so it leans towards the sun

ReputationRep:
    I'm really glad to hear that lots of other people thought that exam was difficult! It was one of the hardest I've done, definitely.

Also, was it just me, or was there a lot of synoptic elements in that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous97)
    i think ive lost like 29 marks, do you think its still possible to get an A or maybe a high B?
    Yes. Grade boundaries are usually around 65+ for an A.

I think I probably only got 29 marks forget how many I got wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous97)
    70 plus will most likely be an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HuggleyDuck)
    I'm really glad to hear that lots of other people thought that exam was difficult! It was one of the hardest I've done, definitely.

Also, was it just me, or was there a lot of synoptic elements in that?
    Agree with you on all accounts. It's a pity I didn't retake anything cause I couldnt remember any AS stuff or maybe that was from hitting my head?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocbrownie)
    Were you meant to reject the null hypothesis?
    Thats what I did and makes sense,
    Null Hyp = Due to chance alone,
    But x2 > crit value so reject

Flopped more or less 50% of other other bs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicadanby1996)
    Anyone want to collab as a group and come up with a rough mark scheme? I remember most questions just not the marks for each
    Yeah I know the marks, so send me the answers.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.