The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jina
Try busuu.com ? It's amazing, you can speak with native speakers and get your work marked.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hate it :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
That must be horrendous, I understand agoraphobia now!

yep, hence why I'm such a cynic :smile:
Reply 4742
Original post by techno836
Well done! :smile:

I'm fine and nope :frown: two days without a mum is horrible :frown: ... but dad is currently home so its a little less stress :smile:

I get my biology and physics ISAs back on Monday :biggrin: ... I messed my biology one up but was really only 1 3 mark question .... but I have to beat 45 to improve which isn't likely to happen :L

and physics I thought went very well so i'm expecting at least 43 as that is my lowest ISA score .. but I would love 50 as that would give me a chance to get an A* ( I need 100% in both ISA and Physics 3 )

so after these past few days ... fingers crossed , i'm owed some good luck/days/events

Awee :frown: When my mum went abroad I cried lo-hoads. It's natural to miss her and she'll be back soon :smile:

Ahhh all these stats make me depressed, i hope you get the marks you need! You deserve it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4743
Original post by Elm Tree
Seven places in total, but I've already have an offer just going there to discuss subjects.

Haha wow! I applied to one external college but I know I'm going back to m school! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Awee :frown: When my mum went abroad I cried lo-hoads. It's natural to miss her and she'll be back soon :smile:

Ahhh all these stats make me depressed, i hope you get the marks you need! You deserve it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

it is and thankyou :smile:
Reply 4745
My friends school pays them MONEY to attend school. I recently also learnt that her class was resitting one of their CA's and because the teacher wasn't bothered to go through it all, he gave them a paper to memorise and write up the next day. She got 100% on the CA and she's a lower set student. It's so frustrating to know this, that while we struggle other students elsewhere get a free ride. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4746
Original post by MattFletcher
yep, hence why I'm such a cynic :smile:

Cynicism, woohoo! I hope that cynicism does mean being cynical, if not... ignore that first sentence!

Seven places in total, but I've already have an offer just going there to discuss subjects.

Why did you apply to so many!? If I wanted to apply to that many, I'd have to be travelling for at least an hour to get to some of them.
Reply 4747
Original post by Jina
My friends school pays them MONEY to attend school. I recently also learnt that her class was resitting one of their CA's and because the teacher wasn't bothered to go through it all, he gave them a paper to memorise and write up the next day. She got 100% on the CA and she's a lower set student. It's so frustrating to know this, that while we struggle other students elsewhere get a free ride. :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully a bad exam grade will bring down her grade closer to the grade she should have got. That might sound mean, but it's unfair that people get to do that!
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your posts are so dramatic lol

Original post by Vionar

Why did you apply to so many!? If I wanted to apply to that many, I'd have to be travelling for at least an hour to get to some of them.

Ensure that I didn't stay at my current school
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

i hate when stuff happens like this. But I also hate when people are naturally gifted at a subject to the extent they take the mick. Someone in the last French Writing got an A*, better than me, and the first time they saw the questions was when they sat down to do it. It makes me angry because I work for what I achieve:angry:
Reply 4750
Original post by Vionar
Hopefully a bad exam grade will bring down her grade closer to the grade she should have got. That might sound mean, but it's unfair that people get to do that!

Hahaha it's not mean... She's an ex-friend. :P I hope so too, though in their school they get to talk in their exams. -_- Urgh, life isn't fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I don't want to go to my Sixth Form, it sucks, and I need to meet new people, preferably so I can meet someone who is of the right sexuality:moon: :frown: #MyProblems
Reply 4752

Lol I'm a very dramatic person... I'm true to this in real life more so. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4753
How to get A grade in all gcse subjects
CCEA ict unit 3
AQA business studies unit 2
OCR b additional science
Edexcel re religion and life and religion and society
Edexcel maths
AQA english language

Is there any good revision methods that you use to get A grades

Are past papers a good way to revise

Many thanks
Reply 4754
i hate when stuff happens like this. But I also hate when people are naturally gifted at a subject to the extent they take the mick. Someone in the last French Writing got an A*, better than me, and the first time they saw the questions was when they sat down to do it. It makes me angry because I work for what I achieve:angry:

This! Arghhhh! Haha I know people who never revise, yesterday one got nearly an A for her French speaking havin revised the night before. They're so naturally gifted and they know it. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vionar
Cynicism, woohoo! I hope that cynicism does mean being cynical, if not... ignore that first sentence!

yes it does :tongue:
haha I don't want to go to my Sixth Form, it sucks, and I need to meet new people, preferably so I can meet someone who is of the right sexuality:moon: :frown: #MyProblems

:lolwut:

I disagree with that bit :s-smilie:

Spoiler

Not saying I'm naturally gifted but not everyone has to slave away for them...
Reply 4758

Ah, at least I won't have that problem, I can't stay at my school even if I wanted to!

Original post by Jina
Hahaha it's not mean... She's an ex-friend. :P I hope so too, though in their school they get to talk in their exams. -_- Urgh, life isn't fair.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good, I didn't want to come across as excessively mean again! :emo: TALK!? What about the invigilators? Aren't they external?

I wouldn't say it's taking the mick, personally, I would actually do that if I still had to do French writing controlled assessments next year, as I don't need to do well in those.

Original post by Jina
Lol I'm a very dramatic person... I'm true to this in real life more so. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

#GirlsSchool
Original post by Jina
This! Arghhhh! Haha I know people who never revise, yesterday one got nearly an A for her French speaking havin revised the night before. They're so naturally gifted and they know it. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile

yep, especially for something I'm not that good at :frown: If it's like RS (which I can do 5 minutes revision for and get between A and B depending on the questions) but for like French or English

Latest