Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    see I dont see a player who seems to flop in every big match as a proven striker.

He lacks pace, has a bit of a temper (tends to get a lot of yellows), hes inconsistent with his finishing basically he will score a hatrick or miss 5 open goals and hes not got great link up play. I still consider him in the third tier of strikers

side note

such a shame, manu made a bid for leighton baines
    107 Goals in 187 games at the highest level, its as simple as that. Most things you've criticised him for are nonsense.

Firstly he got 3 yellows and a red card in La Liga this season and 1 yellow in the CL. So I don't see he has a temper.

What striker doesn't miss chances, since he Joined Real he only behind Messi and Ronaldo in La Liga goals despite not having a solid place in Real First 11. He's chance conversion rate is one of the best in Europe. And he's finishing ability is renown, its he's key feature.

In 19 starts and 9 subs and he scored 16 goals despite and 5 five assists restricted playing time compared to Giroud who has 24 starts and 10 subs with 11 goals and 3 assists. Higgy has decent Link up play I'm not saying its perfect be its good enough to bring others into play. Its obvious you've never watch Higuain or you wouldn't be calling him a third tier striker.

He would be great for Arsenal, a player of Known quality would be a movement in the right direction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    107 Goals in 187 games at the highest level, its as simple as that. Most things you've criticised him for are nonsense.

Firstly he got 3 yellows and a red card in La Liga this season and 1 yellow in the CL. So I don't see he has a temper.

What striker doesn't miss chances, since he Joined Real he only behind Messi and Ronaldo in La Liga goals despite not having a solid place in Real First 11. He's chance conversion rate is one of the best in Europe. And he's finishing ability is renown, its he's key feature.

In 19 starts and 9 subs and he scored 16 goals despite and 5 five assists restricted playing time compared to Giroud who has 24 starts and 10 subs with 11 goals and 3 assists. Higgy has decent Link up play I'm not saying its perfect be its good enough to bring others into play. Its obvious you've never watch Higuain or you wouldn't be calling him a third tier striker.

He would be great for Arsenal, a player of Known quality would be a movement in the right direction.
    he scores pretty much all of his goals against the crap teams in la liga...

if you consider falcao/cavani as the 1st tier and then the likes of benzema in the 2nd then yes higuain is in the third tier

And yes Ive watched the guy on many occasions, if higuain wasn't playing for real madrid there would be no hype about him at all. End of the day im not a fan so ill leave it at that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    he scores pretty much all of his goals against the crap teams in la liga...

if you consider falcao/cavani as the 1st tier and then the likes of benzema in the 2nd then yes higuain is in the third tier

And yes Ive watched the guy on many occasions, if higuain wasn't playing for real madrid there would be no hype about him at all. End of the day im not a fan so ill leave it at that.
    You sound like you'd complain if we sign Messi tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffaN4CudDtk

A video on him on YouTube, looks good looking at this but then again who doesn't? Wenger spoke highly of him a couple of months ago and compared him to Nasri who was someone Arsenal never really replaced
    Sick Pirates of the Caribbean music

ReputationRep:
    Higuain will score 25 goals+next season I guarantee u lads. we will also win the fa cup quote the gawd thugnificent 27th June 2013

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thugnificent.)
    Higuain will score 25 goals+next season I guarantee u lads. we will also win the fa cup quote the gawd thugnificent 27th June 2013
    K.

ReputationRep:
    Admittedly, I'm one of those who would have Benzema over Higuain (but then who wouldn't) and id have Jovetic over Higuain as well. However, I'm nowhere near as concerned about his ability as some of you over here are. He's a class player who we need right now because his mentality is one that will breed a desire to win for the rest of the squad too. He's not going to sit back and get frustrated if its 0-0 in the 80th but will work his socks off to get that important goal. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it situations like those that got us in the mess we did last season? 0-0 at Everton, 2-1 at Tottenham, 2-1 at Chelsea, 1-0 at Blackburn, 1-1 at Bradford, 2-1 at United..could keep going but you get the idea. As good as Giroud is, he's not a game changer and we need game changers like Higuain

ReputationRep:
    Interesting anyone read about this
    http://app.caughtoffside.com/?referr...offside-151187

ReputationRep:
    We're not going to get a better striker than Higuain unless you think we will splash out 30m+. The guy has a formidable chance conversion rate and has scored buckets of goals. In the 09-10 season he was Madrid's top goalscorer and 2nd overall in La Liga, ahead of Ronaldo and Ibrahimovich.

Can't really understand the people who are saying no tbh.

ReputationRep:
    apparently there's going to be some sort of announcement tomorrow, just a rumour though

ReputationRep:
    These murmurs of a swap deal involving Bale, Higuain and a revolving cast of other Madrid players is surely a non-starter. For a start, the Spuds wouldn't be able to afford the significant outlay in wages that would be required to see the deal happen. Secondly, I seriously doubt that Higuain and [insert second Madrid player here] would be prepared to move to a team that wasn't competing in the Champions League, taking into account the World Cup is approaching.

Apparently, the story originated in The Times. David Aaronovitch probably concocted it in an attempt to give himself a hard-on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisconcertingWink1)
    These murmurs of a swap deal involving Bale, Higuain and a revolving cast of other Madrid players is surely a non-starter. For a start, the Spuds wouldn't be able to afford the significant outlay in wages that would be required to see the deal happen. Secondly, I seriously doubt that Higuain and [insert second Madrid player here] would be prepared to move to a team that wasn't competing in the Champions League, taking into account the World Cup is approaching.

Apparently, the story originated in The Times. David Aaronovitch probably concocted it in an attempt to give himself a hard-on.
    Thirdly, even if Higuain and his plus one were to give the move even the slightest bit of consideration, playing alongside Bale would be one of the attracting factors, rather than replacing him.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too worried about this transfer window, there's no way it could be as traumatic as the last two. We don't really have a talisman to steal, do we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jibberish)
    Admittedly, I'm one of those who would have Benzema over Higuain (but then who wouldn't) and id have Jovetic over Higuain as well. However, I'm nowhere near as concerned about his ability as some of you over here are. He's a class player who we need right now because his mentality is one that will breed a desire to win for the rest of the squad too. He's not going to sit back and get frustrated if its 0-0 in the 80th but will work his socks off to get that important goal. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it situations like those that got us in the mess we did last season? 0-0 at Everton, 2-1 at Tottenham, 2-1 at Chelsea, 1-0 at Blackburn, 1-1 at Bradford, 2-1 at United..could keep going but you get the idea. As good as Giroud is, he's not a game changer and we need game changers like Higuain
    Higuain the game changer. With one CL goal in 6 starts and 3 sub appearances. One thing I would say is that higuain has been great away from home in his goal tally. He's also scored the first goal more times than any other madrid player last season in the league(even ronaldo)
    He would breed a desire to win, he's been at such a club where you need to be a player like that to succeed.

I doubt he'd take you further in the CL, but he'd help you in tough league games and could get a couple more points on the board and probably win a big game this season other than the battle for 4th place.

ReputationRep:
    FFS, Why are we stalling with this Higuain deal? Come on Wenger wrap it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kruz)
    FFS, Why are we stalling with this Higuain deal? Come on Wenger wrap it up.
    Imagine Rooney, Higuain and Fellaini being announced at the same time, and they signed just before 11th of July. The sale of Fellaini wigs alone would cover his transfer fee. I can see all three deals happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Higuain the game changer. With one CL goal in 6 starts and 3 sub appearances. One thing I would say is that higuain has been great away from home in his goal tally. He's also scored the first goal more times than any other madrid player last season in the league(even ronaldo)
    He would breed a desire to win, he's been at such a club where you need to be a player like that to succeed.

I doubt he'd take you further in the CL, but he'd help you in tough league games and could get a couple more points on the board and probably win a big game this season other than the battle for 4th place.
    It must be quite depressing being you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by De Chirico)
    It must be quite depressing being you.
    1. I'm not an arsenal fan.
    2. I'm being objective here and judging by higuain's performances last season(he was picked for many of the big games too compared to the previous season when it was benzema 60-30 higuain)
    He'd help your problems, but would not take you any further in europe(unless you play someone like celtic in the round of 16) and he'd get you some more points on the board. I say this right now. You'll come either 3rd or 4th. Maybe with a trophy to your name or a more extended trophy run than last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    1. I'm not an arsenal fan.
    2. I'm being objective here and judging by higuain's performances last season(he was picked for many of the big games too compared to the previous season when it was benzema 60-30 higuain)
    He'd help your problems, but would not take you any further in europe(unless you play someone like celtic in the round of 16) and he'd get you some more points on the board. I say this right now. You'll come either 3rd or 4th. Maybe with a trophy to your name or a more extended trophy run than last year.
    60-30 makes 90 :withstupid:

But yeah I agree with you in saying he'd help in the league but not so much in the CL. I think we could snatch second though tbh and win a cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TH3-FL45H)
    60-30 makes 90 :withstupid:

But yeah I agree with you in saying he'd help in the league but not so much in the CL. I think we could snatch second though tbh and win a cup.
    It is perfectly possible, but I highly doubt it. I think you have a higher chance of winning the FA cup and league cup double than coming second.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.