Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esmeralda4)
    I have been invited to interview there on Friday too. Still deciding whether I will attend as I have been offered a place at Derby. I have done some preparation and feel fairly confident but it is hard to tell until I'm there!

oooo awesome I have only applied for Trent because I live in Nottinghamshire so I intend to live at home and don't currently have a car so would be relying on lifts so didn't wanna go too far! I am quite nervous for it actually...purely because the itinerary for the interview is incredibly vague. I am currently in the process of doing the research activity and finding some articles to take with me...I volunteer at a Primary school and I think the headteacher is giving me a mock interview on thursday which should be interesting haha

ReputationRep:
    After checking track literally every half an hour since my first interview, I have just received a conditional offer!! Over the moon is an understatement. Majorly takes the pressure off for my next two interviews. So happy I could cry!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    oooo awesome I have only applied for Trent because I live in Nottinghamshire so I intend to live at home and don't currently have a car so would be relying on lifts so didn't wanna go too far! I am quite nervous for it actually...purely because the itinerary for the interview is incredibly vague. I am currently in the process of doing the research activity and finding some articles to take with me...I volunteer at a Primary school and I think the headteacher is giving me a mock interview on thursday which should be interesting haha
    Ooh lucky! I have been doing my research and picked one of my texts but not the other. It is all very vague!

Are you at the morning or afternoon interview?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh lucky! I have been doing my research and picked one of my texts but not the other. It is all very vague!

Are you at the morning or afternoon interview?

yeaaah it is the vagueness that is my only concern but I suppose that is the point..to ensure we all prepare thoroughly!! I am in the afternoon interview 12:50 I think...not finishing until 5...a very long process! what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    yeaaah it is the vagueness that is my only concern but I suppose that is the point..to ensure we all prepare thoroughly!! I am in the afternoon interview 12:50 I think...not finishing until 5...a very long process! what about you?
    I'm afternoon as well!

ReputationRep:
    I'm afternoon as well!
    ooooo...I did not expect to find somebody from my exact same interview haha :O I wonder how many of us there will be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    ooooo...I did not expect to find somebody from my exact same interview haha :O I wonder how many of us there will be!
    Hard to tell. I imagine quite a lot and then we will be split into smaller groups...

ReputationRep:
    Hard to tell. I imagine quite a lot and then we will be split into smaller groups...
    Yeah I assume there will probably be quite a few of us...there is only really one group task though...hopefully that won't be too taxing..unless you get stuck in a group with people who do not know what they are doing haha...have you booked your QTS tests yet? or done them already?orr whatever haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MS90)
    Yeah I assume there will probably be quite a few of us...there is only really one group task though...hopefully that won't be too taxing..unless you get stuck in a group with people who do not know what they are doing haha...have you booked your QTS tests yet? or done them already?orr whatever haha
    I'm not too worried about the group task as it sounds quite organised and doesn't look like it will be too long.

I have passed my literacy but still have my maths to do. It is booked for the 21st but I am super nervous about it! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandyN91)
    Does anyone know whether we can write anything on our white board (just before we click start on the numeracy test)? For example a timestable or common percentage/fraction/decimals conversions on the corner or is that considered cheating?
    I had mine today and I did that, no one stopped me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else have a Primary PGCE interview at Northampton today? How did you all think it went?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steph_cook92)
    I had mine today and I did that, no one stopped me :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Haha! You rebel! Mite just do that too! How did you do? U pass?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polka_dott)
    I was rejected from my first choice too and don't think I personally did that well in my second interview, so not very hopeful! What are you applying for? I am applying for a primary PGCE.
    I had applied for two PGCE and one non-salaried SD. One PGCE rejected me prior to interview and the other (my first choice) after interview. The SD was my back up plan but it's now my only option. I was terrible st interview too so am not holding my breath.

I should add that all of these were for Primary.

ReputationRep:
    Two weeks left till my interview and so much prep to do ...also working 5 days a week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amy Williams)
    Two weeks left till my interview and so much prep to do ...also working 5 days a week
    Don't worry. Realistically you would be fine with two days of prep, even one if you were desperate. Depends what you need to do but I've always felt fine with two days.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Has anyone heard back about interviews from UEA? I submitted my application mid-December and have had nothing back, although interview dates are set for Jan 21st and 30th. Am panicking a bit as there are only 17 places available on my chosen course :-s I have a strong degree and have been working as a TA since September, so I though that would be enough for an interview, I'm really hoping that they are just taking their time to reply!

ReputationRep:
    Had my second interview today. Definitely went better than my first interview, but I still think I'm going to get an unsuccessful. The process has been an eye opener especially applying for history. I'm resigning myself to the idea that I'm not getting in this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpline24601!)
    Hi all,

Has anyone heard back about interviews from UEA? I submitted my application mid-December and have had nothing back, although interview dates are set for Jan 21st and 30th. Am panicking a bit as there are only 17 places available on my chosen course :-s I have a strong degree and have been working as a TA since September, so I though that would be enough for an interview, I'm really hoping that they are just taking their time to reply!

I went to UEA last year. Although I was primary so it's a bit different, I applied mid November and my interview wasn't until Jan - I heard in December. I certainly wouldn't panic, they just like to take their time to ensure they choose the right candidates for the course that year.

xxx

ReputationRep:
    It feels like only yesterday i was moaning about the ucas system... weeks on and i have two upcoming interviews for my 1st and 2nd choice (UEL and Greenwich) very nervous but grateful too. I also took the numeracy test last week which i though was quite a bit harder then the practice tests but thankfully passed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starryeyedkid)
    Had my second interview today. Definitely went better than my first interview, but I still think I'm going to get an unsuccessful. The process has been an eye opener especially applying for history. I'm resigning myself to the idea that I'm not getting in this year
    Don't think like that! I thought the exact same thing about all my interviews and generally the whole process but I got an offer today. You may surprise yourself. Don't write yourself off.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.