Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Nor)
    Totalitarian Ideology for unit 1 and Sixties Social Revolution for unit 2 What about you?
    Tsarist Russia 1885-1917 and Britain 1902-1918: The Impact of New Liberalism. I wanted to do the unit on Henry 8th and the dissolution of the monasteries though, we did out controlled assessment on it for GCSE and I found in fascinating! The Sixties Revolution sounds really interesting too, as someone who wishes to have lived during that decade
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    I think I'm going to develop an addiction to collecting records...

A whole week? Why did you need a whole week? Surely a day is enough. Hm, maybe guys are them same, but I don't know, I can sort of start creating 'banter' with a guy straight away, whereas I don't really want to come across as a **** to a girl...

Yeah I FINALLY start tomorrow. You?
    Nothing wrong with that! I have a record player and a cassette player in my room alongside my CD player, I’m very retro. I volunteer at a charity shop and it’s great because I have first pick of the records, and they’re all absolute bargains

We didn’t need a whole week, it wasn’t fair. A whole week including ‘alternative sports day’ and player games in our forms, it was a bit of a waste to be honest, I would have rather spent the whole week in lessons (we had three days of lessons). Don’t put the words ‘dick’ and ‘come’ in the same sentence, please. I’m immature. Yeah I guess, I personally just want to come across as well as possible to everyone WOO YAY FOR YOU! Excited?

(Original post by Ninjasrule)
    It is, but I completely clear out my Sundays of any studying which is fine for me ^_^
    Yep I am doing self-taught bio, but I go to the bio teachers whenever I need help with something although this website I use is great! http://asbiology101.wordpress.com/
    Wow, that's completely unfair :/ - it really only needs about an hour of teaching a week if it's similar to general studies
    Nooo, don't buy them - use the internet! If you're going to buy anything, buy a couple of revision guides for each subject but otherwise keep nagging the librarian until you get better books XD

Aww, well that’s good. I was considering moving to a Sixth Form which doesn’t offer German and self-studying it, but there are absolutely no evening classes in the area available and there are no German teachers at the school either. Sad times.
    I think it is, yes; I have a friend doing it and she says it’s an hour a week with the head teacher. You’d think they’d timetable it all a bit better :/ I will nag her then, just for you

(Original post by Dinasaurus)
    Might begin writing my Prefect-application ooh, how wonderful.
    You have prefects?! Oooh, that’s snazzy! Best of luck with your letter

(Original post by Dalek1099)
    Don't be most people on TSR would probably agree that General Studies/Critical Thinking are a waste of time-they aren't respected at all by virtually all universities these subjects make Business look a facilitating subject and they are really just league table points boosters for Colleges.
    There does generally seem to be that attitude, but my head of year claims it’s quite valued by RG universities as an extra A-level; I can imagine that realistically it wouldn’t make much of an effect on an application, but it would be quite interesting and probably useful for an application to a humanities degree as further evidence of essay-writing/arguing skills

ReputationRep:
    For History I'm doing Tsarist Russia, Stalin's Russian and the British Empire in India. Not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peaaceandl0ve)
    Nothing wrong with that! I have a record player and a cassette player in my room alongside my CD player, I’m very retro. I volunteer at a charity shop and it’s great because I have first pick of the records, and they’re all absolute bargains

We didn’t need a whole week, it wasn’t fair. A whole week including ‘alternative sports day’ and player games in our forms, it was a bit of a waste to be honest, I would have rather spent the whole week in lessons (we had three days of lessons). Don’t put the words ‘dick’ and ‘come’ in the same sentence, please. I’m immature. Yeah I guess, I personally just want to come across as well as possible to everyone WOO YAY FOR YOU! Excited?
    I still need to get a record player... Ah man that must be cool. There's not a lot of older stuff that I'd like to get on vinyl though.

To be fair that sounds alright, I wouldn't mind doing that. Hahahah, sorry. Well, so do I, but hopefully you know what I mean. Oh yeah I'm buzzing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cluck)
    Seems we're on the extremes I love having 999 other people in my year though, it's perfect!
    That would be awesome. You could wear clothes over again and nobody would notice because there's so many of you! :hmmm:

Although, I think it's kinda cute having like 6 people in some of my classes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    That would be awesome. You could wear clothes over again and nobody would notice because there's so many of you! :hmmm:

I hadn't even thought of that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Red Fox)
    For History I'm doing Tsarist Russia, Stalin's Russian and the British Empire in India. Not bad.
    Tsarist Russia too *nods*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucas.)
    I still need to get a record player... Ah man that must be cool. There's not a lot of older stuff that I'd like to get on vinyl though.

To be fair that sounds alright, I wouldn't mind doing that. Hahahah, sorry. Well, so do I, but hopefully you know what I mean. Oh yeah I'm buzzing!
    Get one man, they're awesome! Mine is very big and chunky and amazing. I have a few Beatles vinyls, an Elvis one, Buddy Holly, some other old artists you won't have heard of :3 It's great. Haha, well I'm just an awkward person me Yes, I know what you mean. What are you looking most forward to (other than having frees )?

ReputationRep:
    Mine is very big and chunky and amazing.

(Sorry... I'm in Sixth Form, yet still not mature. )
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    I have a tip for English language - we have to keep a scrapbook of articles and real-life texts that we annotate in preparation for the exam :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank your for your advice! We're looking at some articles at the moment so I've already got some in a folder

ReputationRep:
    Get one man, they're awesome! Mine is very big and chunky and amazing. I have a few Beatles vinyls, an Elvis one, Buddy Holly, some other old artists you won't have heard of :3 It's great. Haha, well I'm just an awkward person me Yes, I know what you mean. What are you looking most forward to (other than having frees )?
    I really want to, I just don't have the money. Hit me, I'm pretty good when it comes to music, I know a lot (and I mean a lot) of stuff old and new.

Errmmm.. Not too sure really, just getting back into a routine I guess, and having something to do. You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tess_rach)
    I have 21 hours of AS lessons a week, not including an hour of enrichment, plus an hour each of French and Spanish conversation and an hour and a half of German on a thursday afternoon. I only have 2 frees (I'm doing five - six - subjects :P )
    This week I have 3 free periods, I have 2 tomorrow haha. It's annoying because I have 1 lesson, 1 free, 1 lesson, another free then a lesson aha. At our school we have to use 2 free's over 2 weeks as 'study time', but I've decided I'm using all of mine for studying, it seems like a sensible option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikolaT)

(Sorry... I'm in Sixth Form, yet still not mature. )
    :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glitch96)
    To make things worse, you know what the 'stuff' going inside is? Mice (the teacher chose it). In this demented essay I have addressed the possibility of compressing the mice and possibly removing limbs to maximize capacity... what am I thinking xD

You could just replace the dense plasma in the middle with, erm, dense mice, this way the gravitational pull will be intact, I'm not sure if the sun will still 'burn' though. You could always make an all new mice based sun Could you also argue that the high pressure, breaking up the atomic structure of the mice cells, would just leave the building blocks for all the mice and could technically equal just one supersized mouse?

Oh and although they want a serious answer(s), it is merely just to get you thinking about theoretic physics, how there isn't a definite answer and it's mostly guesswork.
    That sounds like a lot more fun than what we're doing! (lenses, the single most boring topic in any subject ever!)

I doubt the fusion would continue if you replaced the Hydrogen/Helium with mice, as it's only enough pressure for the Hydrogen fusing, and mice are made of larger organic molecules and all that stuff. Strange topic, but leave a lot of room for making your own theories about it, I'm sure whatever you say it can't exactly be proved wrong! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iJess)
    This week I have 3 free periods, I have 2 tomorrow haha. It's annoying because I have 1 lesson, 1 free, 1 lesson, another free then a lesson aha. At our school we have to use 2 free's over 2 weeks as 'study time', but I've decided I'm using all of mine for studying, it seems like a sensible option
    I think I'll be mainly studying in my frees too - although there's one day where I have 2 ghost lessons, a free and a Spanish conversation lesson - not bad at all!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added )
    Hi

I'm doing:

Edexcel Maths
    Edexcel Further Maths
    AQA Chemistry
    AQA Physics
    OCR Computing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Welcome to the new current year 12 thread, our home for the next year. (We’re now in the A Level forum :woo: )! that must mean we have matured :eek: This is the start of 2 very important years for us and A levels can be hard but that won't scare us! We have a high target to beat last year’s year 12s so let's all work hard :sogood:

Below is a list of subjects and exam boards that we are all taking, I'm sure it will be useful when you need somebody to help you (Newcomers please quote me if you wish to be added )
    Subjects

Mathematics

AQA: Red Fox ; a123a ; turtleslikekiwi ; tsjmcgrath ; FelixTheKat ; Aimen_Hassan ; JPL9457 ; sr234 ; themancunian ; KirenA ;
    Edexcel: Zed963 ; aasvogel ; Peaches & cream ; Zerock ; wakemeup ; infinity_4652 ; Gracey11 ; MattFletcher ; Ambulare ; Mollyh77 ; Sarahiscool ; Farhan96 ; SophieB1997 ; Elm Tree ; LeFailFish ; Teh Smart One ; Georgiecat ; Dalek1099 ; Darnell LD97 ; architect_2022 ; NikolaT ; Thekingsays ; Peaaceandl0ve ; XxKingSniprxX ; Toriar ; Vashappeninkira ; Glitch96 ;
    OCR: Tibbz2 ; Liv_97 ; SophF_rth ; overthelove ; mitchellshazia ; JustaDreamer ; emcat ; sarcasmrules ; LeoMantys ; Molly_xox ; NinjaPandaa ;
    MEI: Techno836 ; The Financier ; lilmi52_elmo ; Lucas. ; Meliss ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ; Cynical. : blamethenargles ;
    CCEA: Molly648 ; Niassuh ;

Biology

AQA: Zed963 ; Molly648 ; Peaches & cream ; Zerock ; wakemeup ; Gracey11 ; Gretel_ ; emcat ; LeFailFish ; Teh Smart One ; Georgiecat ; sr234 ; Politepedant ;
    Edexcel: turtleslikekiwi ; JustaDreamer ; lolface32 ; alicemforsyth ; Dannyboy1236 ;
    OCR: Techno836 ; Molly_xox ; a123a ; lilmi52_elmo ; obdreno ; mitchellshazia ; Sarahiscool ; Aimen_Hassan ; DianaOJ ; EvasiveRose ; Vashappeninkira ;
    OCR- A: HeyThereHarry ; overthelove ;
    OCR-B: Liv_97 ;
    WJEC: vampirebobfish ;
    CCEA: mascot of NI ; Mollyh77 ; Niassuh ;

Chemistry

AQA: Zed963 ; Peaches & cream ; Zerock ; Molly_xox ; Gracey11 ; Cynical. : Gretel_ ; Farhan96 ; LeFailFish ; JPL9457 ; sr234 ;
    Edexcel: Liv_97 ; SophieB1997 ; Georgiecat ;
    OCR-A: Techno836 ; L'Evil Fish ; Red Fox ; HeyThereHarry ; Tibbz2 ; mascot of NI ; Molly648 ; wakemeup ; a123a ; Sophie238 ; MattFletcher ; lilmi52_elmo ; overthelove ; mitchellshazia ; JustaDreamer ; FelixTheKat ; Elm Tree ; Aimen_Hassan ; DianaOJ ; lolface32 ; Darnell LD97 ; vampirebobfish ; Dannyboy1236 ; EvasiveRose ; LeoManys ; Vashappeninkira ;
    OCR-B(salters): turtleslikekiwi ; obdreno
    WJEC:
    CCEA: Mollyh77 ; Niassuh ;

Physics

AQA - A: Zed963 ; Zerock ; Cynical. : Farhan96 ; LeFailFish ; Teh Smart One ; Dalek1099 ; JPL9457 ; LeoManys ; Glitch96 ;
    AQA - B:
    Edexcel: turtleslikekiwi ; mitchellshazia ; SophieB1997 ; lolface32 ; Darnell LD97 ; XxKingSniprxX ;
    OCR-A: Techno836 ; L'Evil Fish ; Red Fox ; infinity_4652 ; Sarahiscool ; FelixTheKat ; Elm Tree ; Aimen_Hassan ; vampirebobfish ; architect_2022 ; themancunian ; a123a ;
    OCR-B: Tibbz2 ; MattFletcher ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA: Mollyh77 (maybe) ;

English Language and Literature

AQA: Ambulare ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

English Literature

AQA: Dougieowner ; JustaDreamer ; emcat ; harrybithell 196 ; alicemforsyth ; Politepedant ; NinjaPandaa ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR: Sophie238 ; Dannyboy1236 ; EvasiveRose ;
    WJEC: blamethenargles ; jenniejubjub ;
    CCEA: mascot of NI ; aasvogel ;

English Language

AQA: Tess_rach ; Dougieowner ;
    Edexcel: Mr.Nor ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Further Maths

AQA: Red Fox ; FelixTheKat ; Aimen_Hassan ; JPL9457 ; themancunian ;
    Edexcel: aasvogel ; infinity_4652 ; Mollyh77 ; Sarahiscool ; Farhan96 ; SophieB1997 ; Dalek1099 ; Darnell LD97 ;
    OCR: Tibbz2 ; mitchellshazia ; sarcasmrules ; LeoManys ; NinjaPandaa ;
    MEI: (Techno836) ; The Financier ; Meliss ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ;
    CCEA:

Additional Further Maths

Edexcel:
    MEI: The Financier ;

Statistics

AQA:
    MEI (AS):

History

AQA: Mr.Nor ; Ambulare ; Politepedant ; Peaaceandl0ve ; Vashappeninkira ;
    Edexcel: tsjmcgrath ; Sophie238 ; harrybithell 196 ; XxKingSniprxX ; Red Fox ;
    OCR: Tess_rach ; emcat ; Teh Smart One ; alicemforsyth ; KirenA ;
    OCR B: architect_2022 ;
    WJEC: jenniejubjub ; EvasiveRose ;
    CCEA: Niassuh ;

Ancient History

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: themancunian ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Geography

AQA: Molly648 ; obdreno ; Georgiecat ; gomg ; alicemforsyth ; Dannyboy1236 ; Dalek1099 ;
    Edexcel: Liv_97 ; Peaaceandl0ve ;
    OCR: Sarahiscool ; vampirebobfish ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ;
    CCEA:

Spanish

AQA: Tess_rach ; Molly_xox ;
    Edexcel: HeyThereHarry ; lizziecr ;
    OCR:
    WJEC: Dougieowner ; blamethenargles ; harrybithell 196 ;
    CCEA: mascot of NI ; aasvogel ;

French

AQA: Tess_rach ; Sophie238 ; obdreno ; gomg ; Toriar ; Meliss ;
    Edexcel: sarcasmrules ; XxKingSniprxX (A2) ;
    OCR: infinity_4652 ;
    WJEC: L'Evil Fish ; Dougieowner ; overthelove ;
    CCEA: aasvogel ;

German

AQA: Gracey11 ; SophieB1997 ; Peaaceandl0ve ;
    Edexcel: Peaches & cream ; lizziecr ;
    OCR:
    WJEC: Aimen_Hassan (A2) ; Lucas. ;
    CCEA:

Mandarin

AQA:
    Edexcel: NinjaPandaa ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Latin

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: NikolaT ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Psychology

AQA: wakemeup ; Gretel_ ; DianaOJ ; lolface32 ;
    AQA B:
    Edexcel: Lucas. ;
    OCR: SophF_rth ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Economics

AQA: tsjmcgrath ; lilmi52_elmo ; sr234 ; NikolaT ; Politepedant ; XxKingSniprxX ; KirenA ; Toriar ; Glitch96 ;
    Edexcel: The Financier ; Elm Tree ; lizziecr ;
    OCR: Thekingsays ; NinjaPandaa ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Law

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: harrybithell 196 ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Music

AQA:
    Edexcel: blamethenargles ; iLOVEmusic1234 ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Geology

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: HeyThereHarry ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Business Studies

AQA: SophF_rth ; Ambulare ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Government and Politics

AQA:
    Edexcel: SophF_rth ;
    OCR:
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Politics

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR: NikolaT ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Philosophy and Ethics

AQA:
    Edexcel: XxKingSniprxX ;
    OCR: Gretel_ ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

Computing

AQA: The Financier ; FelixTheKat ; lizziecr ; sarcasmrules ;
    Edexcel:
    OCR: Glitch96 ;
    WJEC:
    CCEA:

IT

AQA:
    Edexcel:
    OCR:
    WJEC: MattFletcher ;
    CCEA:

Welsh Baccalaureate

WJEC: L'Evil Fish ; Cynical. :

Sociology

AQA: DianaOJ ; iLOVEmusic1234 ; Lucas. ; KirenA ;
    OCR: Mr.Nor ; Toriar ;

Dance

AQA: Tess_rach

Drama

AQA: Cynical. :
    WJEC: jenniejubjub ;

Film

WJEC: Mr.Nor ;

Product Design

AQA: Tsjmcgrath ;

Media

OCR: iLOVEmusic1234 ;
    AQA: gomg ;
    WJEC: jenniejubjub ;

Fine Art

Edexcel: architect_2022

Religious Studies

AQA: Thekingsays ;

Music Technology

Edexcel: Meliss ;

Scottish Highers

Princepieman :- Higher French, English, Maths, Physics Technological Studies and (Chemistry)

Make sure you work your hardest all year and I'm sure the next results day will be fine, and in order to work hard here are some useful links below ( I'll add some more as I find them

http://www.examsolutions.co.uk - For Maths
    http://www.Chemguide.co.uk - For Chemistry

And Finally if you have any query about A-level Choices or University choices make sure you ask/quote L'evil Fish or drop him a PM I will also answer any regarding Medicine or direct you to more helpful thread

Best of luck for the forthcoming year! :cool:
    Hey man Cheers for starting the thread! I'm doing CCEA Chemistry, Biology, Maths and History!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hisdark)
    Hi

I'm doing:

Edexcel Maths
    Edexcel Further Maths
    AQA Chemistry
    AQA Physics
    OCR Computing
    Hey there, looks like we're doing the same board of Computing, Maths and Physics! How are you finding them so far? (assuming you've started them)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katie97)
    Does anyone else hate it when they have a free period 1 but have to go in and sit there like an unused lamp when you could be in bed:dry:
    :eek: If you have a free, you still have to go in? I hope that's not true for me.. even though I have no free's tomorrow -on my first day*cries*

ReputationRep:
    ah, the first Monday-tomorrow feeling for College, It helps that I don't have anything first lesson I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattFletcher)
    ah, the first Monday-tomorrow feeling for College, It helps that I don't have anything first lesson I suppose
    I've already started sixth form, but tomorrow I have to get the public bus up to a different school where my Spanish lessons are being taught - that's a bit scary! D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.