Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skjdhewj)
    I did the Latin test but really bad!!
    Same! I did the Latin one and found it quite difficult. There wasn't enough time and the prose was too long!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CSLady)
    Im sure it didn't go as bad as you think. What other universities have you applied too? I really want to go to Bath at the moment and they sent me an offer so a rejection from oxford is not the end of the world for me.
    Oh no, I've read through the MAT thread and pretty much all my answers (bar Q5, which was easy) are wrong. Not to mention that I didn't even get to Q7!

I applied to:
    Warwick - Data Science (got an offer, probably going to firm it),
    Nottingham - Data Science (got an offer, I'll insure it if I'm rejected from Bristol)
    Bristol - Maths and Computer Science (hopefully going to be an insurance choice as Nottingham gave me the same offer as Warwick/UCL)
    UCL - Mathematical Computation( it's looking a bit too expensive but I'll still consider it if I get an offer)

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi I've actually already asked this before but I just wanted to confirm before buying my books : for edexcel, are Biology A and Biology B the same qualification? (I.e if i put edexcel biology on my application, I can take either and it affects nothing?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebklaine)
    last year this time (11-13) some law students were receiving their invitations...:eek:
    pls oxford, just put us out of our misery
    How do you know, do you have a link to a past thread or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieHarriett18)
    How do you know, do you have a link to a past thread or something?
    I've been browsing the Oxford 2015 Entry thread. Useful stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ye-SheenKim)
    Same! I did the Latin one and found it quite difficult. There wasn't enough time and the prose was too long!
    I got so panicked that i just stopped checking cases and was unsure on quite a bit of the vocab and yeah i agree about the prose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidneygladstone)
    Thank you! Which college have you applied to?
    I've applied to Brasenose!

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for medicine.
    Oh, so anxious! Not so worried about BMAT except for the third section. This year's prompts just threw me off.
    Anyone here applying to read medicine?

I'm so jealous of those who have gotten invitation to interviews :\. Here I am just waiting for the decision in 2nd of December.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sebklaine)
    I've been browsing the Oxford 2015 Entry thread. Useful stuff.
    Me too hahah! I gave up after a while though, the thread just went on and on :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarmaple)
    I am! Where are you from?
    Really? Biology at CC? I'm from Dublin, Ireland! What about you? How are you feeling about these interviews? Are you on the Facebook group? Apologies for all the questions My biology teacher jumped with joy when I told her I had an interview!

ReputationRep:
    Got confirmation of receipt of written work. Now just the wait for the interview decision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EoghanB97)
    Really? Biology at CC? I'm from Dublin, Ireland! What about you? How are you feeling about these interviews? Are you on the Facebook group? Apologies for all the questions My biology teacher jumped with joy when I told her I had an interview!
    Good to see another Irishman about the Oxford threads.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarmaple)
    I feel ya, not looking forward to trying to find tickets from Canada with only a week's notice
    Hey other Canadian!! It seems we are both applying for Biological sciences. Good luck with your interview! I literally no-one else applying to Oxford in Toronto at least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skjdhewj)
    I got so panicked that i just stopped checking cases and was unsure on quite a bit of the vocab and yeah i agree about the prose
    Yep. I don't think the preparation helped a great deal. The first 15 minutes was definitely panicky and I think that stopped me from picking up the the complex grammar. Plus I did end up just guessing on some the vocab.

By the way, which college did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Does anyone know whether cambridge or oxford allow you to re apply next year?
    Thanks
    Any help will be appreciated!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    Hi,
    Does anyone know whether cambridge or oxford allow you to re apply next year?
    Thanks
    Any help will be appreciated!
    They do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    They do.
    Yay! If I dont get in this year I have a shot next year! Is there anything different about the admissions process if you have achieved A levels? Also do you know whether they mind you retaking modules?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ilovecake123)
    Yay! If I dont get in this year I have a shot next year! Is there anything different about the admissions process if you have achieved A levels? Also do you know whether they mind you retaking modules?
    The main difference with a post-A2 application is that if you get an offer, it will be unconditional. Other than that there's not a huge amount of difference as far as I'm aware. Obviously it's better if you don't retake modules but as long as you're only retaking a few modules (or you have extenuating circumstances), it should be fine. What's probably not fine is someone who has retaken loads of exams, without a good justification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    The main difference with a post-A2 application is that if you get an offer, it will be unconditional. Other than that there's not a huge amount of difference as far as I'm aware. Obviously it's better if you don't retake modules but as long as you're only retaking a few modules (or you have extenuating circumstances), it should be fine. What's probably not fine is someone who has retaken loads of exams, without a good justification.
    Ahhh, thats great thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edminzodo)
    The Cambridge one is up already . . . ! And here is the general 2016 thread for applying to university http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3371681

Fill in the form below to be added to the stalking page. Contact Eux to make any changes.

Form-
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Boo...?usp=send_form

Stalking page-
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Copy and paste this and fill it in below!

GCSE grades:
    A-Levels:
    Course:
    College:

Mine is:

GCSE grades: -
    A-Levels: -
    Course: Oriental Studies
    College: The Queen's College

Posted from TSR Mobile

GCSE grades: 7 A's 1B 2C's
    A-Levels: A A B
    Course: Psychology
    College: Mulberry

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.