Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How does applying for accommodation work? Does applying later affect my chances of getting my first choice? (Probably Holborn or Bankside)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oanszwoadrei)
    How does applying for accommodation work? Does applying later affect my chances of getting my first choice? (Probably Holborn or Bankside)
    You need to firm your offer first.
    I would guess yes applying late will significantly affect your chances of getting your first choice. Even now, in March, some people are not getting their first choice. Why would you want to apply later any way?

To apply you go to HallPad - https://hallpad1.lse.ac.uk/hallpad/ and follow the simple instructions. There is a chance that you can swap your room but it will cost you £50 plus you have to find someone who wants your room as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamjamjamT)
    You need to firm your offer first.
    I would guess yes applying late will significantly affect your chances of getting your first choice. Even now, in March, some people are not getting their first choice. Why would you want to apply later any way?

To apply you go to HallPad - https://hallpad1.lse.ac.uk/hallpad/ and follow the simple instructions. There is a chance that you can swap your room but it will cost you £50 plus you have to find someone who wants your room as well.
    Where did you find out that it costs £50 to swap?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got my third choice of accommodation which was a high Holborn single. I've seen a few posts of people looking to swap from high Holborn to Bankside, why so? Is HH a bad hall? 😯

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    I got my third choice of accommodation which was a high Holborn single. I've seen a few posts of people looking to swap from high Holborn to Bankside, why so? Is HH a bad hall? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HH is my 3rd choice aswell -haven't heard back yet tho. Think it's more that HH is self catered and you live in small corridors with only 5 rooms off them and you need a key to that corridor - so not as social as say bankside where all rooms are off massive corridors - that's my understanding of it, could be wrong but it's something like that (HH is like 5min away from LSE so Defo has location advantage)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VedikaA)
    Where did you find out that it costs £50 to swap?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My dad read the terms & conditions - its in there somewhere along with a load of other things that need to happen. Dont matter to me cos I'm not swapping

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    I got my third choice of accommodation which was a high Holborn single. I've seen a few posts of people looking to swap from high Holborn to Bankside, why so? Is HH a bad hall? ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got allocated HH as well and it was my 2nd choice.
    Did you by any chance for the questions about what factors are most important to you, put "A good Social life?" I spoke to a friend at LSE, and he seems to think they are trying to make HH a more 'social' accommodation by grouping together the more 'outgoing' individuals. If you didn't, then he was obviously just talking complete BS, and it's just a fairly random process.

ReputationRep:
    My dad read the terms & conditions - its in there somewhere along with a load of other things that need to happen. Dont matter to me cos I'm not swapping
    Alright thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrBowcat)
    Did you by any chance for the questions about what factors are most important to you, put "A good Social life?" I spoke to a friend at LSE, and he seems to think they are trying to make HH a more 'social' accommodation by grouping together the more 'outgoing' individuals. If you didn't, then he was obviously just talking complete BS, and it's just a fairly random process.
    Its too expensive to be social imo

ReputationRep:
    I put good social life so chances are I could be joining you lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Askaud)
    Its too expensive to be social imo
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, I did indeed but social life as 1st! Is it not usually considered to be a social hall?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I already live in london but I still applied to Bankside and HH. all my mates applied and wanted to be in Bankside because of its social aspect. and tbh im not going to lse to work - i'll some how scrape a 2:1 and gtfo... Clubbing all the way boys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drgainz)
    Hey guys! I already live in london but I still applied to Bankside and HH. all my mates applied and wanted to be in Bankside because of its social aspect. and tbh im not going to lse to work - i'll some how scrape a 2:1 and gtfo... Clubbing all the way boys
    Thought you were going to Warwick?

ReputationRep:
    You are on point

ReputationRep:
    Thought you were going to Warwick?
    lse firm
    warwick insurance

(Original post by jchap9776)
    You are on point
    Lyfe

ReputationRep:
    This kid knows how it's done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Audi)
    Interesting, I did indeed but social life as 1st! Is it not usually considered to be a social hall?
    Oh, so he might have been talking sense. Yeah that's the thing I don't understand, HH is usually very social anyway. Maybe they're doing a social experiment to see how HAM we can go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soekblas)
    Pourquoi es-tu aussi catégorique entre LSE et Impérial ? Elles se valent non ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mouais, mais lse est plus reconnue mondialement et impérial est trop axé sciences alors que lse je peux mixer
    Maths et eco

ReputationRep:
    Everyone's talking about accommodation and I feel like going crazy still waiting for a decision on my application for International Relations.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.