Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Bournemouth away has Toure red card and Skrtel own goal written all over it. Can't wait for the upset.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i thought you died...
    I'm around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_tom)
    I'm around
    Hows life treating you? Finished uni I'm guessing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Hows life treating you? Finished uni I'm guessing?
    Finished university around June. I've been working full time in logistics for around a month now, but hours of work are quite exhausting.

Sitting in one place for nine hours doing something with relatively little material output, surrounded by people I probably don't like whilst knowingly making someone in a bigger office more money is quite a dull lifestyle

but the money is pretty good

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully this is a turning point for both Balotelli and Liverpool. Would like to see him and Borini forge a partnership not just because they combined for the equaliser but because we could call it Bn'B I like Fabio Borini as a player because he works hard, makes very good runs and works the defenders a lot more which creates space and I reckon this would help Balotelli a lot more than having him play him as a lone striker supported by Lallana/Sterling/Coutinho.
    Bournemouth will be a tricky tie but get past it and we may be heading back to Wembley before too long

ReputationRep:
    I'm around
    fair enough, it's been odd eithout you tbh.

Finished university around June. I've been working full time in logistics for around a month now, but hours of work are quite exhausting.

Sitting in one place for nine hours doing something with relatively little material output, surrounded by people I probably don't like whilst knowingly making someone in a bigger office more money is quite a dull lifestyle

damn thast sounds rough.
    are you looking for a career in something like that or are you just trying to make some money for now?

ReputationRep:

Fair play man. I know how you feel. You've probably read from misc thread but I'm trying to do recruitment consultancy, which is obviously going to be similar to you(good money). Although meritocratic promotions etc so I could find myself on 6 figures in a few years if I work hard enough.

Ain't had luck so far, good luck btw. I guess making Business is obviously a good way out but you need to have your wits and grit in that.
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    fair enough, it's been odd eithout you tbh.

damn thast sounds rough.
    are you looking for a career in something like that or are you just trying to make some money for now?
    Trust me, if you're looking to make good money, you either need to be a genius or sell your soul. University is useful to an extent.

I'm going to sell my soul if I'm being honest.

ReputationRep:
    I hope John Henry gives Brendan the Suarez money to spend in January!

#YNWA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubzeh)
    I hope John Henry gives Brendan the Suarez money to spend in January!

#YNWA
    I hope your missus makes you pay child support come June!

#TURTLE

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahha rekt

ReputationRep:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Interesting interview with Gerrard in Sportsmail today with Ian Ladyman. Basically admits that he'll continue playing on beyond this year, and it's over to us to offer him a contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mackay)
    Interesting interview with Gerrard in Sportsmail today with Ian Ladyman. Basically admits that he'll continue playing on beyond this year, and it's over to us to offer him a contract.
    i don't blame him tbh.
    if he wants to continue playing but maybe doesn't have the ability to be a starter for the club, why shouldn't he take a step down to a lower level one and be nailed on to play every week?

obviously all that the papers will say is gerrard wants to leave liverpool...

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool 4 - 0 Real Madrid

ReputationRep:
    Any news on Sturridge's injury progression?
    We have Madrid and chelsea next week - could be brutal without him...
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

I've started my new job this week and you've described word for word how it has been :lol:

(Original post by Lúcio)
    i don't blame him tbh.
    if he wants to continue playing but maybe doesn't have the ability to be a starter for the club, why shouldn't he take a step down to a lower level one and be nailed on to play every week?

obviously all that the papers will say is gerrard wants to leave liverpool...
    Why would he want to though? There is no chance of Gerrard turning out for another side, ever. The club probably haven't started negotiations because there is no need to. There is no risk of him suddenly turning around and saying he's off. We'd always offer Giggs an extention in like March.

I really think it's time for Brenton to stop playing him all game every game though. Don't think he has the balls to drop him.

ReputationRep:
    Gerrard probably just saying that for the sake of it. Similar to a lampard situation. I'd take Gerrard if you don't want though he would be a great backup for Fabregas. Liverpool shouldn't get rid of him just yet, the experience is definitely felt when they go. Lets see if Emre Can stays fit and steps up to the bill.

I have high hopes for Can, when he's played he seems like he's got energy and strength in midfield. He will do well hopefully.
    (Original post by sr90)
    I've started my new job this week and you've described word for word how it has been :lol:
    What is your occupation?

Also my job will soon come bro I'm getting closer I feel it.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by jam277)
    Gerrard probably just saying that for the sake of it. Similar to a lampard situation. I'd take Gerrard if you don't want though he would be a great backup for Fabregas. Liverpool shouldn't get rid of him just yet, the experience is definitely felt when they go. Lets see if Emre Can stays fit and steps up to the bill.

I have high hopes for Can, when he's played he seems like he's got energy and strength in midfield. He will do well hopefully.

What is your occupation?

Also my job will soon come bro I'm getting closer I feel it.
    Good stuff, you been having interviews?

It's for an insurance company, but as I haven't been trained yet I can only do the boring **** people can do in their sleep. Hopefully it'll get better.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one around here who actually enjoys my job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Good stuff, you been having interviews?

It's for an insurance company, but as I haven't been trained yet I can only do the boring **** people can do in their sleep. Hopefully it'll get better.
    Yeah had one interview monday which didn't go well, I have another interview this monday, guy sounded very happy on the phone to talk to me, I got a good reception and had a good conversation with him.

Recruitment consultancy, I won't have been trained so will have to do the boring stuff, wonder when I get paid in all honesty. Since I can make double my basic salary if I worked like a dog I kinda just want to see when I get my first paycheck.
    (Original post by samir12)
    Am I the only one around here who actually enjoys my job?
    What do you work as?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.