Cambridge Decisions 2015 - info and FAQ Watch

This discussion is closed.
Raeburter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by beauty of maths)
Are you uk or overseas if you do not mind me asking?
I'm an international student!
DomStaff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by qwepoizxcmnb)
Correlation does not imply causation :P
It was a joke...
beauty of maths
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Raeburter)
I'm an international student!
Many thanks. Best wishes and good luck!
qwepoizxcmnb
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by DomStaff)
It was a joke...
Yeah I know, just a statistics quip
JessGrimmel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Has anyone else's UCAS not updated yet?
DomStaff
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by JessGrimmel)
Has anyone else's UCAS not updated yet?
I think it depends on the college. Mine updated on Monday.
anonymousp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by sr-96)
Mine's still pending!
I love the way you have put on the list 'will be amazing somewhere else'

just to remind you my friend P got a place at Robinson College to read history he was applying from a gap year
anonymousp
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ShellySpielberg)
They didn't! I was quite surprised myself. I got a phone call last night at around 6pm UK time, telling me that I got an open offer for VetMed. If you're Vet, they chose 3 people already. I think they're still choosing the medicine offer holders.
Good luck and I hope you hear good news soon!
sorry what is an open offer does that mean you are not going to Robinson?
IesIicules
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Anyone get a letter from corpus? 5 days have past since they sent it...
adamingas
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a letter from Churchill! It seems I will be joining the rejections club as well! Good luck to everyone, whatever you do/will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
beauty of maths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IesIicules)
Fitzwilliam said the damn same thing - posted last Friday. Not a sausage yet! Why do they not tell the truth? Pretty pathetic
captainzorry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Guys, I need your advice! I applied to Clare College physical natsci and I'm an international student, they were supposed to send emails on the 12th and my boyfriend got his rejection email and also his ucas changed, though we don't have any letters in the post yet. What is this supposed to mean and why would Clare postpone my decision? Could this mean that I was pooled but not declined?
beauty of maths
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by adamingas)
I got a letter from Churchill! It seems I will be joining the rejections club as well! Good luck to everyone, whatever you do/will do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you apply to read if you do not mind me asking?
Onlydabest
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by captainzorry)
Guys, I need your advice! I applied to Clare College physical natsci and I'm and international student, they were supposed to send emails on the 12th and my boyfriend got his rejection email and also his ucas chainged, though we don't have any letters in the post yet. What is this supposed to mean and why would Clare postpone my decision? Could this mean that I was pooled but not declined?
hey there! i'm an international student facing a similar situation, though I applied to Magdalene. No letter/email/ucas track update whatsoever whilst offers and rejections have been sent through ucas to other applicants for my college. I reckon it could possibly mean that we were pooled although I cant be sure whether we were fished or not.
mysus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
No letter or e-mail from Corpus yet. Has anyone tried calling them?
captainzorry
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Onlydabest)
hey there! i'm an international student facing the exact same situation, though I applied to Magdalene. No letter/email/ucas track update whatsoever whilst offer holders and rejections have been sent through ucas to other applicants for my college. I reckon it could possibly mean that we were pooled although I cant be sure whether we were fished or not.
Exactly, but my boyfriend was actually pooled and not fished, in which case the college you applied for is responsible for letting you know. What I don't understand is, if we are not fished, why wouldn't they tell us yet, since there obviously are cases in which they did?
Avernus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by IesIicules)
Are you overseas - have heard nothing yet. Wonder if that means pooled?
Onlydabest
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by captainzorry)
Exactly, but my boyfriend was actually pooled and not fished, in which case the college you applied for is responsible for letting you know. What I don't understand is, if we are not fished, why wouldn't they tell us yet, since there obviously are cases in which they did?
Perhaps this could mean that you were fished and that your college is expecting the fishing college to contact you directly. Did you try emailing your college to check?
Avernus
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Avernus)
Are you overseas - have heard nothing yet. Wonder if that means pooled?
Anyone apply to corpus from overseas heard either as a rejection or acceptance?
ShellySpielberg
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by anonymousp)
sorry what is an open offer does that mean you are not going to Robinson?
I'll give a brief explanation based on what I understood from the admissions handbook I posted earlier.
I got pooled by Robinson. Didn't get fished out of the pool originally. The DoS of VetMed (I think they're from St.Catz and Girton) look at the pile of people who were in the unfished pile of pool applicants and choose a set number of people for open offers, this year it was 3 for vetmed. I got one of those 3 offers. They then allocated me to Queens, who are my underwritten college. As in, they take charge of my application temporarily to ensure I get all the same written communications as everyone else. In August if I meet my offer, I will get put in a college that has spaces in its quota due to people not meeting offers. If no college doesnt meet its quota because everyone meets their offer, I will be going to Queens (only if I meet my offer of course)
This only applies to vets and medics. I'm not sure about the process for medics, but the open offer is a definite conditional offer of a place, you just don't know where.
Sorry if there are any mistakes in my explanation and for the long response. Hope it helps and answers your question!
I'm assuming you've applied to Robinson too? Have you heard back yet and what course? I never heard back from them... just heard back from the DoS who chose the open offers...
Good luck and hope you get good news (if you're still waiting)!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1099)
79.12%
Leave (290)
20.88%

Watched Threads