Turn on thread page Beta

Mental Health Support Society XVI watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    No matter what I do, no matter how hard I try I never lose enough weight I think I'm actually gaining at a rate of like, 10lbs a week or something This week I did some work experience for my post grad course at an eating disorders unit and I've felt crap ever since, really worthless. The patients there were so sick, so sick that some of them will die of their eating disorder and here I am feeling like a fat sack of **** next to them. ****s sake.

I left work early today to go to the gym. I've stopped eating a lot of my favourite foods because they're too fatty. And yet I'm still fat.

I'm 25 years old going on 14 I think. Sigh.
    (Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Not been to Chester for ages, it's so lovely! Hope you have a good time

--------------

Wouldn't be a proper Anony #2 shopping trip without crying in the changing rooms :erm: Hate my body so much :sigh:

Hope everyone's ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hugs for you both! If either of you need/want to chat, I'm around.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    The sertraline has made me very sleepy today. It's ironic though as they've given me insomnia.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Pathway)
    Don't think I deserve the help anymore really? Still considering discharging myself from CMHT anyway, I think they only took me back because of the whole me complaining thing, haha. They're probably laughing at me about it. Thank you though. :hugs: How are you?
    You definitely deserve the help, as much as you ever have done and as much as anyone else. They wouldn't have taken you back if they didn't think you needed it, which you do, and discharging yourself isn't going to help that :no: They won't be laughing at you, I promise :hugs: I'm okish I guess, tired and not too sure what to do with myself really. Want to go for a walk but not sure as I can manage it physically

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Not been to Chester for ages, it's so lovely! Hope you have a good time

--------------

Wouldn't be a proper Anony #2 shopping trip without crying in the changing rooms :erm: Hate my body so much :sigh:

Hope everyone's ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said that :grumble:
    But :jumphug:, isn't fun

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleMonkey)
    I think some people are just a bit different that others and when it comes to meds that seems to make a big difference. Guess if it keeps doing so little you could ask about changing?
    Maybe take in a note or something next time you see your psych. I'd always tend to dull down things and not really say what I needed to. I don't know if that would have helped keep me on track.

As much as I love to tell people professionals know what they're doing, sometimes they do get a little lost and you may need to poke them a little if they don't seem to be realising. :P
    Thanks for the reply.

I've actually tried a hell of a lot of different medications now with varying results so I think I'm now running out of roads to take. :sigh:

Ha yeah, I've done a lot of research into drugs I'm taking and things that might help and my psychiatrist often tells me to give her a couple of weeks to research suggestions that I make. Kinda destroys a little faith I have in her that she doesn't already know about these things, I mean she's the one with the years of training not me.

Don't think I've seen you around here before (although that could be my atrocious memory), hello anyway! How're you?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the library and there's a fair bit of background noise which, combined with the voices, is pretty overwhelming, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna pass out or something.....my head feels really warm and then I keep getting a cloak of blackness over my vision every few minutes, my head feels stuffy, and feeling really dizzy too....unsure if this is a reaction to the increased antipsychotic or not but it's scaring the hell out of me :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I'm in the library and there's a fair bit of background noise which, combined with the voices, is pretty overwhelming, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna pass out or something.....my head feels really warm and then I keep getting a cloak of blackness over my vision every few minutes, my head feels stuffy, and feeling really dizzy too....unsure if this is a reaction to the increased antipsychotic or not but it's scaring the hell out of me :afraid:
    Have you had something to eat and drink?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    Have you had something to eat and drink?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, I haven't eaten all day and it's nearly 2pm.

You think that's what it sounds like?

ReputationRep:

If youv not eaten most likely be low blood sugars maybe? Id suggest getting something to eat :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PandaWho)
    If youv not eaten most likely be low blood sugars maybe? Id suggest getting something to eat :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hmm, I hadn't considered that, that's a lot less scary. I'll get something in a few minutes when my wife has finished her job for the day.

Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I hadn't considered that, that's a lot less scary. I'll get something in a few minutes when my wife has finished her job for the day.

Thanks for the advice
    I often feel quiffy when iv not eaten, so hopefully getting some food will stop all the symptoms

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pathway)
    hugs for you both! If either of you need/want to chat, I'm around.
    It's ok, thanks though
    (Original post by furryface12)
    I said that :grumble:
    But :jumphug:, isn't fun
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Might suggest a roadtrip to mum

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Yeah, try to eat regularly, otherwise most people begin to feel dizzy without food (or sugar) and have also less energy to keep worries away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nathanielle)
    Yeah, try to eat regularly, otherwise most people begin to feel dizzy without food (or sugar) and have also less energy to keep worries away.
    Feel better now I've eaten something. Thanks Panda and Nathanielle.

ReputationRep:
    Feel better now I've eaten something. Thanks Panda and Nathanielle.
    Yay glad you feel better

---

I love my family but it's emotionally exhausting having them around. always have to be hyper aware of everything I do. just want to fall into bed now but my flatmate forgot her keys so I need to wait up to let her in when she finishes a show she's doing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    feel so ****

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the reply.

I've actually tried a hell of a lot of different medications now with varying results so I think I'm now running out of roads to take. :sigh:

Ha yeah, I've done a lot of research into drugs I'm taking and things that might help and my psychiatrist often tells me to give her a couple of weeks to research suggestions that I make. Kinda destroys a little faith I have in her that she doesn't already know about these things, I mean she's the one with the years of training not me.

Don't think I've seen you around here before (although that could be my atrocious memory), hello anyway! How're you?
    I used to come here about a year or so ago. Had a mess up with accounts so I also use the name Kindred. Have random stages when I come back to tsr, then disappear again :P

Doctors may not know of all the drugs, but they have the background knowledge to understand them more once they do know about them.

Maybe there are other conditions you have that are confusing things? I was annoyed that some symptoms didn't go away and it turns out I have ADD and vitamin deficiencies too along with the MH stuff.

Loads of sympathy to you. It must be really frustrating to not really know what's going on.

ReputationRep:
    So I got an email from IAPT offering me a phone appointment on Monday.
    I saw the questionnaires (the NHS therapy ones where everything is on a scale) and just noped the whole thing. Can't decide if the idea of going is making me feel nauseated or if I'm just hungry
    Have been feeling jumpy for the last couple of hours which hasn't been fun since I had to go and get food. I'm going to eat something, finish watching the Addams Family and then either read or sleep (I'm mostly just typing it out so I can see what the plan is rather than sit here for an hour staring at the letter).
    I have an appointment with my normal therapist tomorrow so I'll mention it to her and see what she thinks. As my general reaction is nope nope nope nope nope I think I'm going to not go for it. Therapy yes, endless PHQ9 and GAD7 questionnaires no.

Spoiler:
    Show

:dong:
    My skin is still a little red from my bath before. I make the water so hot that it really hurts. I wish I wasn't here, I don't WANT to be here. I am screaming and crying and yelling yet my face remains passive and nobody in my real life knows the pain I carry round, the pain I refuse to let go of and the pain that I will torture myself with until the end of my life.

Let me close my eyes and wish it all away, but no nightmares or rude awakenings tonight, please. :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    So im now going away on some guiding training weekend, but im utterly terrified. I dont think ill know anyone which in its self is terrifying. But im also going somewhere iv never been, i dont have a menu so no idea what food there is, and i dunno if it will involve any strenuous activities where i could dislocate something or have an asthma attack.

Oh lordy why did i agree to this. I could have just gone to Beatrix potter world with my nephew on sunday instead :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is anybody around?? I'm really scared right now

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 19, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.