Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The FIFA Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Pls though, nobody is passing and it's pissing me right off. There's no doubt you can dribble but when I've made a good run, I expect a through ball (like I always used to get from Dirtybit).

It just means I'm getting a little bored up front and in spending more time setting up chances than getting my own. That's why I've been more at DM lately because I'm just getting bored with no service.
    Nah exaggeration, it's been fine in general lately, you've been given loads of chances. It was just yesterday when we'd already got promoted that I was dribbling too much and we were **** in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Nah exaggeration, it's been fine in general lately, you've been given loads of chances. It was just yesterday when we'd already got promoted that I was dribbling too much and we were **** in general
    Mainly last night tbh

When it's just me and you, you have a much better balance.
    However when you add in a few more who don't pass very much, it just becomes an absolute nightmare for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mainly last night tbh

However when you add in a few more who don't pass very much, it just becomes an absolute nightmare for me.
    The sweet spot is 3 tbh, in terms of winning. 5 or 6 is great for banter but way too attacking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Mainly last night tbh

Well you're not much of a team player if you can't play with a lot of players in a team are you?

You're literally the only one who complains, and when it isn't going your way you rage quit mid-game like a mug

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Well you're not much of a team player if you can't play with a lot of players in a team are you?

You're literally the only one who complains, and when it isn't going your way you rage quit mid-game like a mug
    Have you been reading correctly?

Of course I can still play - I've been assisting more than anybody else recently. I just struggle to score because you fools don't pass.

Why would anyone else have cause to complain when I'm passing the ball to them and giving them opportunities?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Can confirm

I was moved to LB the other day after a shocking miss and made it into something fun, even got a few assists rather than complaining like a mother****ing biatch.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayn is Bae)
    Can confirm

I was moved to LB the other day after a shocking miss and made it into something fun, even got a few assists rather than complaining like a mother****ing biatch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Meet me in Leeds

I'm quite happy playing defensively but only when I've actually chosen to do so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Have you been reading correctly?

Of course I can still play - I've been assisting more than anybody else recently. I just struggle to score because you fools don't pass.

Why would anyone else have cause to complain when I'm passing the ball to them and giving them opportunities?
    Then why do you rage quit?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    Then why do you rage quit?
    Only times I've "rage quit" is when FK changed me to LB and when we were losing 4-0 because nobody would pass the ball.
    Both times it was my last game anyway so I wasn't all too bothered.

Get some perspective m8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Only times I've "rage quit" is when FK changed me to LB and when we were losing 4-0 because nobody would pass the ball.
    Both times it was my last game anyway so I wasn't all too bothered.

Get some perspective m8
    ********, you quit as soon as we start doing ****. Didn't you quit mid-game last night?

I don't know anyone here who's as affected by a loss as you are. Everyone comes on for a laugh, if we win.. its just a plus.

I just find it strange that you go on relentlessly about how you pass nonstop, never get passed to, how people go for solo goals etc when you usually quit when we're ****ing about/doing **** as a team.

It's like Suarez thinking **** this, and walking off the pitch as soon as Gerrard slipped vs Chelsea. Or when you bottled the 3-0 lead to Palace that season, Sturridge just walks off because the defence was ****.

Don't come across like a team player to me at all. Come across as though someone who cares more about his assists/goals/player stats than anything else

ReputationRep:
    ^Absolute lol

It's like you don't even read my posts and just make things up.

If I cared as much as you guys about stats, why the hell would I pass when I could just keep the ball and have 10 shots per game? You're absolutely deluded m8.

#rustled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    ^Absolute lol

It's like you don't even read my posts and just make things up.

If I cared as much as you guys about stats, why the hell would I pass when I could just keep the ball and have 10 shots per game? You're absolutely deluded m8.

#rustled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)
    ********, you quit as soon as we start doing ****. Didn't you quit mid-game last night?

I don't know anyone here who's as affected by a loss as you are. Everyone comes on for a laugh, if we win.. its just a plus.

I just find it strange that you go on relentlessly about how you pass nonstop, never get passed to, how people go for solo goals etc when you usually quit when we're ****ing about/doing **** as a team.

It's like Suarez thinking **** this, and walking off the pitch as soon as Gerrard slipped vs Chelsea. Or when you bottled the 3-0 lead to Palace that season, Sturridge just walks off because the defence was ****.

Don't come across like a team player to me at all. Come across as though someone who cares more about his assists/goals/player stats than anything else

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Lettuce be srs, nobody bloody passes anymore so I don't really do I?
    You pass more than the others but Aziz is obsessed with scoring and Difeo needs to score at least one solo run per game.

I'm a striker yet I literally get more assists than goals and it's bloody depressing.

inb4 Luke isn't a team player because he's more concerned about getting stats.
    difeoSA-1 Confirm pls.

ReputationRep:
    I've been passing more than Luke recently.

How many times have you heard me bang on about being a team player?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rk2k14)
    I've been passing more than Luke recently.

How many times have you heard me bang on about being a team player?
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1463863160.967688.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  77.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Lettuce be srs, nobody bloody passes anymore so I don't really do I?
    You pass more than the others but Aziz is obsessed with scoring and Difeo needs to score at least one solo run per game.

I'm a striker yet I literally get more assists than goals and it's bloody depressing.
    In all honesty I have little problem with your play up top. Sometimes there are a few passes I'd like to make with you making certain runs in behind for me to get it but I guess I'd need you to be psychic or in the same room as me in order to do them.

Really you get into positions, can finish and can pass to others for assists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    In all honesty I have little problem with your play up top. Sometimes there are a few passes I'd like to make with you making certain runs in behind for me to get it but I guess I'd need you to be psychic or in the same room as me in order to do them.

Really you get into positions, can finish and can pass to others for assists.
    Don't know if jam or imposter. People are gonna think it's my dupe...

Well back when Dirtybit was around, I either played for flick one (as target man) or I constantly made runs if I was short and fast. If you want me to play a certain way, just give me a heads up beforehand.

The problem is that with Difeo et al, there are much fewer (lob) through balls so I've had to adapt more and come short for a ground pass which doesn't suit my game as much.

I'm not good at getting past players but I can make runs and finish so through balls are always gonna suit my play the best. However I'll adapt to whatever is needed.
    But I'm not a team player...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Don't know if jam or imposter. People are gonna think it's my dupe...

Well back when Dirtybit was around, I either played for flick one (as target man) or I constantly made runs if I was short and fast. If you want me to play a certain way, just give me a heads up beforehand.

The problem is that with Difeo et al, there are much fewer (lob) through balls so I've had to adapt more and come short for a ground pass which doesn't suit my game as much.

I'm not good at getting past players but I can make runs and finish so through balls are always gonna suit my play the best. However I'll adapt to whatever is needed.
    But I'm not a team player...
    Well Difeo likes to play wide and cut in when he's near the penalty area because he is less able to do those dribbles in the centre of the pitch.

I would pass to you more but well while I trust you and my ability to make a pass to you in a good position, I trust my ability to score more than assist (and I guess you lot have zero qualms with me shooting because of it in comparison to maybe Rk and Difeo). When it is more beneficial for you to receive the ball, I'll make sure you receive the ball. I'm not the type to waste opportunities(unless the game is done which is understandable why we all go for highlight goals) for the sake of a few points.

Either way it's a game. I personally don't think you are the worst at pro clubs anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bammy jastard 27)
    Well Difeo likes to play wide and cut in when he's near the penalty area because he is less able to do those dribbles in the centre of the pitch.

I would pass to you more but well while I trust you and my ability to make a pass to you in a good position, I trust my ability to score more than assist (and I guess you lot have zero qualms with me shooting because of it in comparison to maybe Rk and Difeo). When it is more beneficial for you to receive the ball, I'll make sure you receive the ball. I'm not the type to waste opportunities(unless the game is done which is understandable why we all go for highlight goals) for the sake of a few points.

Either way it's a game. I personally don't think you are the worst at pro clubs anyway.
    Yeah, there are certain patterns to people's play. If Difeo has the ball and is on the dribble, no need to make a run because the ball won't be getting passed. If Rk has a free kick from any difference, no need to be in the box because he's going to shoot.

That's exactly how it should be - pass when it's more likely we'll score if you do, but keep the ball if you can score yourself. I have absolutely no problem with that, I just get pissed when I'm completely open and through on goal but somebody doesn't pass and gets tackled. I just hate wasted opportunities, especially when if the positions were reversed I'd pass every single time.

I'm certainly not the worst. Not the best either but I'm consistent at scoring and that's what you need.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.