Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
*pink_sapphires*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
I'm actually rather good today...yeah that backroom was awful, it really upset my ex aswell, which is why i'm even angrier about it all- basically jangrafess noticed i'd had a miscarriage and somehow assumed i was pregnant and a) told people on the back room i'd had an MCR but also went and hounded my ex with PM's aswell- as it brought it all back for him. Bless him, hes being so amazing, i feel guilty when i doubt him a bit..but thats all part of how i feel, fluctuating hormones and feelings etc

You can apply for jobs when being ill- try reed.co.uk and the jobcentre.gov.uk, can all be done online, in the comfort of your own bed! Also the CV helper on here isn't too bad either!

Everyone has bad drives- usually when somethings on your mind you mess up a bit!

Facebook is for attention whores- and you're neither of them, that applications is done by people with half a brain, and i doubt any of them actually take it seriously!

When don't you get started on a uni application this weekend, keep you busy and something to work towards!!!
Where/what are you looking at??

I've got a place to start a nursing diploma in january
Was your ex ok about your posts on here? I hope things are ok between you two :hugs:

I need to sort my CV out. I don't have any experience so I'm really worried about applying for jobs Hope someone will employ me. How is your job hunt going? Well done on the nursing diploma by the way That's great news

I want to do Music Management now but my 6th form won't write me a reference because my A Levels are in the 3 sciences and not Music or Business. The uni don't require you to have music or business, but school say it would be impossible to write me a reference saying i'm suitable for the course
anna_spanner89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *pink_sapphires*)
Was your ex ok about your posts on here? I hope things are ok between you two :hugs:

I need to sort my CV out. I don't have any experience so I'm really worried about applying for jobs Hope someone will employ me. How is your job hunt going? Well done on the nursing diploma by the way That's great news

I want to do Music Management now but my 6th form won't write me a reference because my A Levels are in the 3 sciences and not Music or Business. The uni don't require you to have music or business, but school say it would be impossible to write me a reference saying i'm suitable for the course

Yeah- ive been pushing him away a bit though, last night i told him i didn't want to see him again- deep down its not what i want, but i was scared. He thinks he hasn't been as supportive- but we talked. tsr does complicate things! I do want him in my life, i'm looking forward to being his friend, making him tea etc..

Experience isn't an issue- why don't you try doing some voluntary work, eg in a charity shop so you get some retail? Plus it'll keep you busy

Also were there any teachers in your school you got on well with, that you can go see directly, explain your situation? Have you given them proof that you CAN apply to music managment without certain a-levels?

I have a friend doing music managment at derby university right now
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah- ive been pushing him away a bit though, last night i told him i didn't want to see him again- deep down its not what i want, but i was scared. He thinks he hasn't been as supportive- but we talked. tsr does complicate things! I do want him in my life, i'm looking forward to being his friend, making him tea etc..

Experience isn't an issue- why don't you try doing some voluntary work, eg in a charity shop so you get some retail? Plus it'll keep you busy

Also were there any teachers in your school you got on well with, that you can go see directly, explain your situation? Have you given them proof that you CAN apply to music managment without certain a-levels?

I have a friend doing music managment at derby university right now
Given time I'm sure things will be fine between you and you'll be great friends. Things started to be like that with me and Gavin but now he's moved to Cyprus we've drifted loads. Not that fussed though to be honest. He wasn't good for me. He messed me around.

I've done loads of charity work before and I can work with people. I've packed bags in supermarkets and run raffles and stuff. But apparently that's not good enough Might go into a charity shop and work there for a couple of months max to gain experience. Need a paid job though because of my financial situation

Been into school and spoken to everyone but they say only my tutor can write it and she says no Kinda messed the whole uni thing up I think

Aww Scott just text me saying he misses me a bit :o: Made me smile
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Given time I'm sure things will be fine between you and you'll be great friends. Things started to be like that with me and Gavin but now he's moved to Cyprus we've drifted loads. Not that fussed though to be honest. He wasn't good for me. He messed me around.

I've done loads of charity work before and I can work with people. I've packed bags in supermarkets and run raffles and stuff. But apparently that's not good enough Might go into a charity shop and work there for a couple of months max to gain experience. Need a paid job though because of my financial situation

Been into school and spoken to everyone but they say only my tutor can write it and she says no Kinda messed the whole uni thing up I think

Aww Scott just text me saying he misses me a bit :o: Made me smile

where abouts do you live?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
where abouts do you live?
Bedford. What about you?
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/cgi-bin/vacde...tion=912152433 - a job which requires no experience!!!

look on the job centre too!
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
aww thanks hun :hugs: that looks like a really good job aswell. I'd never get bored. Just have to be positive and believe that I can do a job
Electric_Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've suffered from anxiety- my symptoms have come back a bit recently, i've been really tense constantly, over-worried, and finding myself getting just a bit panicky from time to time, not had an attack- thank god. Does anxiety/depression come together?
I found hypnotherepy worked SO well for me
Anxiety brought my depression on, but thankfully I'm through it now, and hopefully I wont go through it again.

:console: and :hugs: to everyone in this thread, I have nothing but respect and sympathy for you.
Hope you all manage to enjoy Christmas.
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Electric_Dreams)
Anxiety brought my depression on, but thankfully I'm through it now, and hopefully I wont go through it again.

:console: and :hugs: to everyone in this thread, I have nothing but respect and sympathy for you.
Hope you all manage to enjoy Christmas.
I love the christmas tree made out of hearts in your sig hope you have a great christmas too. :hugs: x
kiss_me_now9
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*Shuffles back in*

When I first joined I used the original Depression Soc post for a while... Then somehow I managed to pull myself together and got out of the little hole I was in.

I'm now at uni and I've never felt worse. I've turned into everything I didn't want to be. I lie everyday when I see my flatmates that I'm ok and I'm enjoying myself when all I can think about is getting the hell out of here at christmas. Everything about today should've gone right, I had it all planned out to the last tiny detail - Riding lesson, japanese lecture, town, home to do assignment, talk to parents, finish assignment in time for tea. The riding lesson went OK (actually, it went pretty well) but I still couldn't shake the numbness that I feel all the time now. Japanese was alright; but there was still the emptiness in my chest where I felt my heart should be. Got everything I needed in town but I got back late so I had to switch the assignment with the phone call and everything went even more down hill; I had a massive arguement with my mum and she basically pointed out every single flaw in my plans to drop out of uni at christmas. I've only just started the assignment, which is meant to be emailed to my lecturer at some point today. I've spent the last hour crying silently because my flatmates were in the corridor and you can hear people talking in their rooms so I couldn't make a sound without them knowing. I'm walking round in a ******* trance and I have been for weeks but I can't get out of it. It scares me.
Vienna Cannon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
*sighs* Why does everyong hate me. I was leaving work when druggie girl came in. and i was stood at the door looking out at a friend and she said "what the F*** you think you looking at.* I told her f*** off she then came chasing after me as i was crossing the road and started calling me whatever she could. and threatened to hit me.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
*sighs* Why does everyong hate me. I was leaving work when druggie girl came in. and i was stood at the door looking out at a friend and she said "what the F*** you think you looking at.* I told her f*** off she then came chasing after me as i was crossing the road and started calling me whatever she could. and threatened to hit me.

stupid girl..

she's not exactly a representation of 'everybody' though is she? :p:
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vienna Cannon)
does she work with you? i'd report her if i were you. if she's on drugs, that is probably why she acted like a lunatic. hope you are ok :hugs:
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Question for those who've been through a doctors to get help - How did you do it?
*pink_sapphires*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Question for those who've been through a doctors to get help - How did you do it?
I went to the doctors and sat there and said I couldn't go on the way I was doing and that I just wanted to die and didn't see the point in anything and had lost all motivation. He was great and listened and put me on fluoxetine and referred me for CBT just from one doctors appointment. I found it easier to say it all whilst staring at the wall though!

Are you planning on going? :hugs:
fleur de lis
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
Can I suggest that you two take this to PMs please as it's rather off topic and I'm quite sure not everyone wants to read your disagreements.
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
gah, what a rubbish day, I missed college again :cry: (woke up late) and ive done nothing!!!!! I can kiss uni goodbye right now tbh.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
gah, what a rubbish day, I missed college again :cry: (woke up late) and ive done nothing!!!!! I can kiss uni goodbye right now tbh.

not the end of the world, its a new week next week..new start
kiss_me_now9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went to the doctors and sat there and said I couldn't go on the way I was doing and that I just wanted to die and didn't see the point in anything and had lost all motivation. He was great and listened and put me on fluoxetine and referred me for CBT just from one doctors appointment. I found it easier to say it all whilst staring at the wall though!

Are you planning on going? :hugs:
Thinking about it. I can't cope with this anymore... but equally I don't know what to say. When I'm booking the appointment, or when I'm there.
anna_spanner89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
Thinking about it. I can't cope with this anymore... but equally I don't know what to say. When I'm booking the appointment, or when I'm there.

If you want to talk about dropping out you know where to turn too :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads