The European/World Football Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Catilina
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Troubled_Student)
The group is by far the hardest this year. Napoli's defence isn't great, but their forward trio are ridiculous. Anything could happen given a good or bad performance by any of the teams. It will be interesting :dontknow:
We´ll know more about this group in two weeks, right now no one can really predict how it´ll end. Maybe Villarreal will improve and make the group even more attractive Nilmar and Rossi are still great players.

Group H is also still interesting, with the draw between Milan and Barcelona, it´s not certain who´ll finish first. Their next match is in Milan at the end of the group stage when both teams will aready be trough, combine this with Barcas habit of dropping points in the group stage and we might see a very interesting match in the round of 16 perhaps even United against Barcelona.
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kevmeister)
And you're as biased as the reporter, because you are a bitter 'Pool fan. But of course you'll deny this. I explained the bias in your other response to me, dearest.
Being a Liverpool fan doesn't make me incapable of being objective. The reporter did nothing wrong in the interview, your manager is just a miserable git.

Oh, a young player has made a howler or two? Rightio, drop the lad. He's utterly crap, cannot improve. Its nothing to do with being new to the league, country, team. Sell him in January!
How does her asking whether it gave Fergie a selection headache mean any of those things? From Fergie's response you'd think that Lindegaard has no chance. You pretty much greed with her when you said you now have two keeper vying for a starting place, which was basically the point she was making.

And anyone that argues that two howlers negate the saves, no matter how you'd rate those saves, and ergo he's been absolutely terrible, would be an idiot, tbh. For every howler there's been at least one good save. But hey ho, that doesn't matter. Headlines/soundbites is what matters. :rolleyes: And you're hardly one to talk about it 'being only the internet'. Deshi'd is a term in common usage here, ffs.
How does a standard save negate an error that leads to a goal?

I can't even recall what I did to have a term named after me, it was more to do with the constant crumbles under Roy and I got angry at the manager, not other users.
Kevmeister
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)

I can't even recall what I did to have a term named after me, it was more to do with the constant crumbles under Roy and I got angry at the manager, not other users.
I cba continuing the debate in here as well as the Utd soc. But you absolutely crumbled when Lehmber was about. Hence why the term is now 'Deshi'd'
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I cba continuing the debate in here as well as the Utd soc. But you absolutely crumbled when Lehmber was about. Hence why the term is now 'Deshi'd'
Lehmber was a wind up account, the fact that he's banned from here and still sends me messages when Liverpool lose should tell you all you need to know about him, it's understandable if he pisses people off. You on the other hand get all aggressive for no apparent reason, it's as if you think it strengthens your arguments.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Lehmber was a wind up account, the fact that he's banned from here and still sends me messages when Liverpool lose should tell you all you need to know about him, it's understandable if he pisses people off. You on the other hand get all aggressive for no apparent reason, it's as if you think it strengthens your arguments.
It's how I am, on here and irl. Its hardly a good strategy for strengthening one's argument, tbpfh. In fact, it probably weakens one's case, to an extent.

Europa League tonight. Good to see Redknapp is doing his best to undermine the competition. No VdV for the group stage....
JK.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
:rofl2:

Europa League tonight. Good to see Redknapp is doing his best to undermine the competition. No VdV for the group stage....
Have you seen their squad tonight? :lol:
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JK.)

Have you seen their squad tonight? :lol:
Only just turned it on, but it seems 'Arry is playing most of the players that he hates, like Gio and Bassong. He's a top top top top man manager, is 'Arry.
Cities
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
still sends me messages when Liverpool lose
omg :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

Please show us some of the stuff he says :rofl:
Troubled_Student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm pretty sure in the run up to the match Ferguson said De Gea wasn't playing but that he is still the first choice keeper and that he has not been dropped due to recent performances. So the reporter asking if Anders was going to create a selection headache is pretty pointless considering Ferguson cleared this up even before the game.
Kevmeister
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)

Some stuff on his profile, visitor message. :toofunny:
Aky786UK
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
Yeah, and it's not as if De Gea has played anything more than a few games for you making 3/4 awful mistakes in the process? If a debutant for example makes a debut replacing someone who hasn't been very good and has a very good game, would you not say it's a legit question to ask whether it has given the manager a selection headache? Or are you just that bias that you can't see any fault in anything Fergie says?
Nope. Not if the manager has said BEFORE the game that De Gea has been rested for Sunday. I understand Kelly's question, but it's absolete considering that SAF has said De Gea is rested for the game on Sunday and hence will return for that game. So there was no need to ask whether Lindegaard would potentially challenge the number spot. SAF isn't a manager of a weak standing, once he makes a decision, he sticks to it, I would have thought everyone would have known that.

It's not as if he rolled off an expletive and tore into her personally - rightly he suggested that she was prodding towards an agenda that was unnecessary considering he'd clarified before the game that De Gea was rested for Sunday.

It would have been more different had she asked: "OK Sir Alex, you brought alot of players in tonight like Lindegaard, Carrick, Giggs etc, does that give you a selection headache for Sunday?"

Nope, she decided to just ask about Lindegaard when she'd been told that De Gea was going to be back for Sunday.
ra-ra-ra
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
And Falcao continues to score in Europe.. :rolleyes: Good header.
Workforce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only just turned it on, but it seems 'Arry is playing most of the players that he hates, like Gio and Bassong. He's a top top top top man manager, is 'Arry.
I don't think Harry actually hates any of his players.
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Aky786UK)
Nope. Not if the manager has said BEFORE the game that De Gea has been rested for Sunday. I understand Kelly's question, but it's absolete considering that SAF has said De Gea is rested for the game on Sunday and hence will return for that game. So there was no need to ask whether Lindegaard would potentially challenge the number spot. SAF isn't a manager of a weak standing, once he makes a decision, he sticks to it, I would have thought everyone would have known that.

It's not as if he rolled off an expletive and tore into her personally - rightly he suggested that she was prodding towards an agenda that was unnecessary considering he'd clarified before the game that De Gea was rested for Sunday.

It would have been more different had she asked: "OK Sir Alex, you brought alot of players in tonight like Lindegaard, Carrick, Giggs etc, does that give you a selection headache for Sunday?"

Nope, she decided to just ask about Lindegaard when she'd been told that De Gea was going to be back for Sunday.
That is all I was arguing, Ferguson overreacted to a valid question.

And your last argument is a poor one, the only reason people are asking about Lindegaard is because De Gea hasn't been great, I thought that would be pretty straight forward. Why would Giggs and Carrick give a selection headache when there counterparts (Young, Anderson) have been superb and much better? If she said what you said then I'd see it as a dumb question.
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Embarrassing that the United fans defend SAF in such circumstances. It was an innocent question and was complimenting a young player on his first big game for the club :facepalm2: Fergie may as well have gone the whole hog and done a Keys/Gray job on her tbf.

Also I believe I started using Deshi as a verb so not sure why some unknown dupe is being credited with it :lolwut:
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colbert)
Also I believe I started using Deshi as a verb so not sure why some unknown dupe is being credited with it :lolwut:
:console: No-one else is being credited with coming up with it apart from you. I just can't remember what I crumbled so badly about that you decided to start using it as a verb
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I think it was the multitude of crumbles :awesome:
Colbert
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Deshi)
:console: No-one else is being credited with coming up with it apart from you. I just can't remember what I crumbled so badly about that you decided to start using it as a verb
It's a term of affection ffs :kiss:

I started doing it with my brother ages ago tbf. His name is a replacement for fail in my house :gah:
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by n1r4v)

He laughs at Liverpool, I respond with a gif of the famous Roy face rub, and that's basically the cycle we have.
Deshi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
I think it was the multitude of crumbles :awesome:
Yeha that's what I thought it was, having crumbled in a while though tbfh.

(Original post by Colbert)
It's a term of affection ffs :kiss:

I started doing it with my brother ages ago tbf. His name is a replacement for fail in my house :gah:
:love:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (757)
80.36%
Leave (185)
19.64%

Watched Threads