Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
Gemini92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
A really nagging question I have is concerning an older episode. The End of Time, part two. Why did the Doctor not simply nip into the TARDIS and fetch Jack when Wilfred was stuck in the containment unit?

Though I guess that's a slight plot hole from a writing perspective since The Doctor did have to sacrifice himself and die in some way in order for Matt Smith to come along.
Maybe because it was going to vent the radiation into the containment unit and the Doctor didn't want to risk not coming back in time, since the TARDIS is not known for precise landings?
Miracle Day
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
Maybe because it was going to vent the radiation into the containment unit and the Doctor didn't want to risk not coming back in time, since the TARDIS is not known for precise landings?
But the radiation was kept secure into the other pod?
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miracle Day)
But the radiation was kept secure into the other pod?
Maybe the system was set up so that the radiation was vented into whichever pod was locked, since if the radiation was vented into an open pod then it would leak out? :dontknow:
Banburyhammer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Nope not at all. All you need to know is what Torchwood is, Jack is immortal and that's it. You do get various references to the TARDIS and the Doctor.

Children of Earth is 5 episodes and worth a watch though.
And he will mount anything with a pulse.
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Banburyhammer)
And he will mount anything with a pulse.
and that Miracle day is coming on soon! <3
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
does anyone think that "the good man" that goes to war is Rory? Anotherpointless speculation
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by AutVinceriAutMori)
does anyone think that "the good man" that goes to war is Rory? Anotherpointless speculation
Nah I think it's the Doctor.

Why the **** is this the last one though? -.- so stupid I guarantee we'll have to wait a few months and there'll be a big cliffhanger.. like we had to wait between the end of time episodes with the master reborn -.-
Madmaz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm just so excited!!!!
Sabsbabs1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does anyone else think that River Song is Amy Ponds daughter? (the red hair and all)
Banburyhammer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
and that Miracle day is coming on soon! <3
When exactly will that be?
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sabsbabs1)
Does anyone else think that River Song is Amy Ponds daughter? (the red hair and all)
Yeah it's been speculated alot :P I like to think River Song is Jenny tbh.. but hang on.. in Silence in the library did River Song recognise the Doctor straight away?
Sabsbabs1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah it's been speculated alot :P I like to think River Song is Jenny tbh.. but hang on.. in Silence in the library did River Song recognise the Doctor straight away?
I think she said something like he wasnt her doctor.
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, she did recognize him straight away, since I think the first thing she said to him was 'Hello, sweetie', plus she said she has pictures of all his regenerations in her dairy.
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nah I think it's the Doctor.

Why the **** is this the last one though? -.- so stupid I guarantee we'll have to wait a few months and there'll be a big cliffhanger.. like we had to wait between the end of time episodes with the master reborn -.-
Hmm, I still think its Rory
I find the mmid-season break annoying Who drags a bloody cliffhanger for months?
Sabsbabs1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I dont think River Song is the doctors daughter sure a couple of episodes ago they snogged.
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
Yes, she did recognize him straight away, since the first thing she said to him was 'Hello, sweetie', plus she said she has pictures of all his regenerations in her dairy.
But that was the last time she sees the Doctor and the first time the Doctor see's her.. So how would she recognise him if the Doctor never saw her again in that regeneration? Maybe River is Jenny?

Scrap that - River snogged the Doctor :L
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Sabsbabs1)
I dont think River Song is the doctors daughter sure a couple of episodes ago they snogged.
ohh yeah :L
Gemini92
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But that was the last time she sees the Doctor and the first time the Doctor see's her.. So how would she recognise him if the Doctor never saw her again in that regeneration? Maybe River is Jenny?
Because she has pictures of all his regenerations in her diary so she would be able to recognize any incarnation of him.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not sure whether I actually want to watch this, as I'm pretty sure what River's real identity is and I'm not happy about it...
AutVinceriAutMori
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pandora.)
Not sure whether I actually want to watch this, as I'm pretty sure what River's real identity is and I'm not happy about it...
Who do you think she is?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise