Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Terpsikhore)
    Related: anyone know a good coffee shop near Spitalfields?
    There are a bunch of Costas/Neros/Starbucks around, in Spitalfields market there are a couple of snazzy looking cafe-bar-restaurants, and in nearby Shoreditch highstreet there are a couple of nice looking tea rooms and similar.

(Original post by cpdavis)
    You are not purple :emo:
    Sadly not. IRL is pretty busy and I'm ill and sleeping a lot of the time, so I felt I wasn't really giving modding as much effort as I should, so I thought it best to stand down -_-

(Original post by mmmpie)
    I can't decide whether or not to go to pride tomorrow. The weather forecast doesn't look good, and virtually all the actual prideness is cancelled. Could be a very damp squib.
    I'm disinclined. I'm never fond of wandering around Soho when it's super busy at the best of times, let alone when it's gonna be all wet and stuff. In the evening I'm going to a gay bar in Lewisham of all places though One of my friends (the sexy hairdresser :coma: ) goes there occasionally and assures me it's a fun night out. I shall report back.

There's a free breakfast at the Retro Bar from 10am. They usually have smoked salmon and bagels, amongst other goodies.
    That sounds pretty tempting, I do love Retro. Although, that necessitates getting up reasonably early. Plus, I bet it'll be rammed.

ReputationRep:
    Yay passed the year with 64% :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fretter778)
    Yay passed the year with 64% :woo:
    Congratulations! :parrot:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Revd. Mike)
    That sounds pretty tempting, I do love Retro. Although, that necessitates getting up reasonably early. Plus, I bet it'll be rammed.
    They do it every year. It's usually pretty quiet, considering...

ReputationRep:
    Can't do Pride as my plans have changed yet again. But do have fun, those of you that are going. And take plenty of pics!

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm deemed to be a fossil, I'll probably not be coming tomorrow :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Go on, you old fossil. You know you want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dbmag9)
    London Pride (what remains of it) is tomorrow: meet at 11am at Charing Cross station? Gather at the cross monument outside the station.

That should give us time to assemble and wander over to the procession route without any need to rush too much. It's London with gays, it can't be that bad, come along. You might want to PM me your number if you're coming.

As always, the quote list is huge and doesn't count as a personal invitation to everyone; if you're not interested no need to say so.
    I am working tomorrow plus cannot drink (or eat :emo:) due to mouth infection, so I shall be a grumpus elsewhere.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I seem to have shifted very easily into getting up around 1pm, this will have to be rectified for tomorrow. In fairness I did get home from work at 3am last night.

How are you all?
    Hey, I might be able to tag along tomorrow but will be there later as I have a run for charity in the morning

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone App

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

London Pride (what remains of it) is tomorrow: meet at 11am at Charing Cross station? Gather at the cross monument outside the station.

That should give us time to assemble and wander over to the procession route without any need to rush too much. It's London with gays, it can't be that bad, come along. You might want to PM me your number if you're coming.

As always, the quote list is huge and doesn't count as a personal invitation to everyone; if you're not interested no need to say so.
    I reckon I can be there. I may be late. I'm usually late.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be at Charing X around 11ish. Anyone who's early, come find me in Retro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Since we're not trying to be in the parade/procession (which would have been with [email protected], who have an age limit), don't let that be a reason not to come. It should be fun.

ReputationRep:
    Someone just shot a gun off outside my window. I am genuinely scared.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacus)
    Someone just shot a gun off outside my window. I am genuinely scared.
    Call the police?

ReputationRep:
    Call the police?
    Not sure if that's overreacting. I don't even know if it was a gun, but I don't think it could have been anything else. There was just a really loud bang/explosion and a flash outside my window through the blinds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacus)
    Not sure if that's overreacting. I don't even know if it was a gun, but I don't think it could have been anything else. There was just a really loud bang/explosion and a flash outside my window through the blinds.
    Better safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lacus)
    They won't mind. If you're genuinely scared then that's what they're there for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ViceVersa)
    Better safe than sorry.
    They won't mind. If you're genuinely scared then that's what they're there for.
    Well, no one else seems to be concerned enough to call them so I think I'll leave it. A little anxious of going to sleep though.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure it wasn't thunder or a car engine or something like that? I know some regions were scheduled for really bad weather tonight - ITV did show Thunderstorms on their weather radar in the South/South East.

ReputationRep:
    G'night, gays. See some of you tomorrow.

(Original post by thurin)
    (Original post by Undulipodia)
    Haven't heard from you two about tomorrow, see you at 11 (Charing Cross) hopefully? It'll be good, you should come.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.