Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers) Watch

• View Poll Results: What did you think about the first storyline of series 9?
    Excellent
    0%
    Good
    0%
    Average
    0%
    Poor
    0%
    Awful
    0%

ReputationRep:
    basically they just need to bring Russel T Davies back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honeylooloo)
    basically they just need to bring Russel T Davies back.
    Why? So you get just as many plot holes, gimmicks, token gay/bi characters, companions in love with the Doctor and a whole year of maybe a few seconds from each episode being relevant till the final 3 episodes where everything is a deus ex machina?

When RTD was in charge I said I prefer classic Who and was told "get with the times" I guess that is just as valid now to use for people who worship RTD.

(Original post by tomtjl)
    You all now owe me £10 .

I enjoyed this episode and especially enjoyed the bootstrap paradox, though I admit it can come across as lazy storytelling if you're not a big fan. The whole "my sunglasses must have connected to your WiFi and made the hologram" was mindblowingly lazy, but other than that it was a good episode. I also like the fact that The Doctor is actually Beethoven .
    I don't think its lazy but put in there for word placement for certain fans that want explainations.

(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    It took me ages to work out how to do it last Dr Who season!
    SERIES its last SERIES! its a British show lol.

Anyway did anyone think the shot of the phone and the Doc looking around was pure product placment?
    • TSR Community Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Roving Fish)
    Pickles tried to do it and couldn't.
    As the poll was reset, I can't find the poll ID anywhere in ModCP so am unable to delete the poll . I can however change the options on the poll to what you want and then use them as fresh votes?

ReputationRep:
    I thought the episode just needed more Fisher King (bit like the Power of Three's villain was only in the last ten minutes or so), it was quite clever how the Doctor tricked it though. I'm surprised the 22nd century crew didn't look at Clara's iPhone 4S like she'd just come from the middle ages haha!
    Happy with this series so far, the stories definitely benefit from having room to breathe and Capaldi is properly growing into the role now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugs31)
    II'm surprised the 22nd century crew didn't look at Clara's iPhone 4S like she'd just come from the middle ages haha!.
    Because product placment trumps a in story explaination lol

I thought more that why would Clara who spends almost every moment travelling in time most in the future why would she want a iphone to fit in with modern day people.

ReputationRep:
    I've enjoyed the series so far. The only thing that's bugged me so far is that both first parters have ended with "Oh no, Clara/The Doctor have died" before 5 minutes into the next episode showing how they haven't died at all and it was just a clever ruse. We all know they're not really dead. I wouldn't mind it so much if they were put in life threatening situations where it seemed like they can't escape but to show their "deaths" or "ghosts" on screen every week is just too much.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Pickles)
    As the poll was reset, I can't find the poll ID anywhere in ModCP so am unable to delete the poll . I can however change the options on the poll to what you want and then use them as fresh votes?
    Would that solve the problem of people not being able to vote because they've voted in previous polls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Would that solve the problem of people not being able to vote because they've voted in previous polls?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, that's what me and roving fish tried to start with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    No, that's what me and roving fish tried to start with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sad times :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe we should just all seriously :spam: post to finish this thread and start a new one with a new poll?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Sad times :hugs:
    Aye. How's the new job going?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Speculation on future of show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously? Does no one think the poorish rating so far might be due to it competing with Englands RWC games thus far?
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Aye. How's the new job going?

It's not setting my world on fire, but it's alright. The people are nice which is great, and it's a nice place to work. Just not a job I can really see myself doing unless get some progression soon lol! How's the search going?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    It's not setting my world on fire, but it's alright. The people are nice which is great, and it's a nice place to work. Just not a job I can really see myself doing unless get some progression soon lol! How's the search going?
    That's massively important tbh - a good atmosphere can make up masses for the actual work.

So-so, I've had another couple of interviews since the mods meet, including one yesterday which I'm fairly confident about (applied Friday lunch time, by the midafternoon they'd called back asking me in for an interview Monday), but as yet nothing's really come off.
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    That's massively important tbh - a good atmosphere can make up masses for the actual work.

So-so, I've had another couple of interviews since the mods meet, including one yesterday which I'm fairly confident about (applied Friday lunch time, by the midafternoon they'd called back asking me in for an interview Monday), but as yet nothing's really come off.
    Yep it definitely does help hugely. Although still hard to envisage myself in this job for any long period of time.

Ooo that sounds promising...Here's hoping!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yep it definitely does help hugely. Although still hard to envisage myself in this job for any long period of time.

Ooo that sounds promising...Here's hoping!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it's all experience I suppose.

Very promising - they came back yesterday to offer it to me.

(Definitely not spamming our way through a thread to fix the poll :ninja: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Well it's all experience I suppose.

Very promising - they came back yesterday to offer it to me.

(Definitely not spamming our way through a thread to fix the poll :ninja: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's a soc...tis meant to be chatty lol!

And yay that's great news. Super happy for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's a soc...tis meant to be chatty lol!

And yay that's great news. Super happy for you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :ditto:

Also glad for you :awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh! I can't believe it's not been discussed! How do people feel about the spinoff that's been announced?

(I guess going by the usual rules anything about the content/cast etc needs to be in spoilers, but general discussion is fine?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aula)
    Oh! I can't believe it's not been discussed! How do people feel about the spinoff that's been announced?

(I guess going by the usual rules anything about the content/cast etc needs to be in spoilers, but general discussion is fine?)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Another spin off?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.