Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    It is perfectly possible, but I highly doubt it. I think you have a higher chance of winning the FA cup and league cup double than coming second.
    What if Rooney came to Arsenal, would your view change ?

Arshavin says he 'nearly suffered depression' at Arsenal

Arshavin told Sport Express: "The fact is I didn't want to stay in England, this was clear since January.

"I don't regret anything, but I had to leave.

"It was a punishment sat on the bench. To train even though you know you won't play - it is psychologically difficult.

"I nearly suffered depression, but I didn't because I'm mentally strong. The monotony of life there was crushing me."
    I feel sorry for him tbh. :sad:

In unrelated news, Sunderland are apparently close to securing a deal for Mannone. I remember Mannone used to be very highly rated four or five years ago, so I'm quite looking forward to seeing what he can do when given the chance to play regularly and not under quite as much pressure as he was at Arsenal. :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    What if Rooney came to Arsenal, would your view change ?
    If those two came to arsenal, then I'd put you in the mix for the title. Especially if fellaini or a beasty DM came in. Rooney offers a lot in link up play and when he's not depressed he offers a lot energy wise. But anyway if rooney came(which I highly doubt anyway) on his own I'd put you in a better position than if you'd just got higuain on his own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abiraleft)
    Thanks for that, PRSOM! :yep:
    It's fine .

ReputationRep:
    It is perfectly possible, but I highly doubt it. I think you have a higher chance of winning the FA cup and league cup double than coming second.
    There are very few players who can single-handedly win trophies for any team. No-one is saying that if we get Higuain that we will play in final of the CL let alone win it, but he's definitely a good addition and I agree with you in that he will make a difference in our league position whether we win the title or not. Personally, I think we will certainly get closer to the title next season than we have for the last 3 seasons at least. Hopefully with a good draw, we may get a cup finally. I really do think that next season will be different and Higuain could be the start of a new chapter- not paying any debts anymore and actually competing at the top.

I can't think of any realistic signing who would propel us straight to CL-contender level, so I'm not too fussed about Higuain not being that player. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    If those two came to arsenal, then I'd put you in the mix for the title. Especially if fellaini or a beasty DM came in. Rooney offers a lot in link up play and when he's not depressed he offers a lot energy wise. But anyway if rooney came(which I highly doubt anyway) on his own I'd put you in a better position than if you'd just got higuain on his own.
    I'm hearing a deal with Rooney is very possible. Man U looking to sell and Rooney looking to leave. If Arsenal did pull it off it would be the biggest transfer in PL history

ReputationRep:
    I can't think of any realistic signing who would propel us straight to CL-contender level, so I'm not too fussed about Higuain not being that player. :dontknow:
    Messi, Ronaldo and Martinez. There champions league contender

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin says he 'nearly suffered depression' at Arsenal
    I feel sorry for him tbh. :sad:
    :
    He looked pretty bored even when he was playing, and that was the problem. Lots of good memories but he wasted the peak years of his career so not much pity from me.

Good luck to Vito though, always did his best when given the chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Messi, Ronaldo and Martinez. There champions league contender
    He did say realistic ...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    He did say realistic ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Whoops my bad haha sorry!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't feel sorry for him. There's a reason why he was been dropped from both the national team and Arsenal.

I know a Russian girl at my university that hosts these Russian society events with occasionally some famous Russian footballers (Arshavin, Pogrebnyak, etc.) turning up. During these events Arshavin makes a fool of himself by drinking excessively and getting into fights. There's countless videos online of him doing this lol. It's a shame because he had talent but wasted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BallonD'or)
    I wouldn't feel sorry for him. There's a reason why he was been dropped from both the national team and Arsenal.

I know a Russian girl at my university that hosts these Russian society events with occasionally some famous Russian footballers (Arshavin, Pogrebnyak, etc.) turning up. During these events Arshavin makes a fool of himself by drinking excessively and getting into fights. There's countless videos online of him doing this lol. It's a shame because he had talent but wasted it.
    This actually redeems him slightly in my eyes. Nice to see him...er... giving something back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BallonD'or)

Arshavin fight? He's tiny! But he is Russian mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin fight? He's tiny! But he is Russian mind

Posted from TSR Mobile

Drunk Russian millionaire gets lairy outside exclusive London nightclub. Never seen that before anywhere :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

Drunk Russian millionaire gets lairy outside exclusive London nightclub. Never seen that before anywhere :rolleyes:
    I feel bad for the guy, although arsenal may not be the blame its a shame we bought a player entering his peak fall to pieces when he was a mtach winner and could have been one of the best. If only wenger played him in the center...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for the guy, although arsenal may not be the blame its a shame we bought a player entering his peak fall to pieces when he was a mtach winner and could have been one of the best. If only wenger played him in the center...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not sure about that one, even out of position he played like he was hungerover most of the time and for Russia in the Euros last year he was unbelievable playing wide.

Think its just a case of a player losing the hunger. Shame as he was talented.

ReputationRep:
    Arshavin's winner against Barcelona. Never screamed so much for an Arsenal goal :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Arshavin's winner against Barcelona. Never screamed so much for an Arsenal goal :coma:

I still get goose bumps everytime I watch that goal

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't feel sorry for Arshavin at all. If he really was near depression, he could've reached an agreement to terminate his contract to move elsewhere. Just teaches us that you really shouldn't use a tournament to judge a player.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.