Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 08batee)
    I disagree. One of my friends who was horrible to me a couple of days ago really needed me today and I ignored her message. I'm just as horrible as they are.

That doesn't make you horrible lovely. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. One of my friends who was horrible to me a couple of days ago really needed me today and I ignored her message. I'm just as horrible as they are.
    See I take your opinion cause I have been there for friends in the past all the time and now NOONE will even talk to me. I'm just completely ignored. So if they came to me now I would probably be like No I needed someone during the worst summer of my life and you ignored me.

The sad thing is I'd like to think I'd do this but I'm actually that desperate for any interaction I probably would talk to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Dont blame yourself hun. Its not your fault at all hun. Trust me hun your not horrible

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks hun. :hugs:

(Original post by tasha96)
    That doesn't make you horrible lovely. :hugs:
    Thank you :penguinhug:

(Original post by zonkfrog)
    See I take your opinion cause I have been there for friends in the past all the time and now NOONE will even talk to me. I'm just completely ignored. So if they came to me now I would probably be like No I needed someone during the worst summer of my life and you ignored me.

The sad thing is I'd like to think I'd do this but I'm actually that desperate for any interaction I probably would talk to them
    Yeah that's exactly how I feel. To be honest she didn't really say anything was wrong in her first message so I wasn't really to know. Sorry to hear you feel like that too though. :console: Feel free to PM me any time if you want to talk or vent or anything :yes: :hugs: I'll be happy to listen to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I feel the same on many occasions.
    :console: Hope you're okay.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hun. :hugs:

Thank you :penguinhug:

Yeah that's exactly how I feel. To be honest she didn't really say anything was wrong in her first message so I wasn't really to know. Sorry to hear you feel like that too though. :console: Feel free to PM me any time if you want to talk or vent or anything :yes: :hugs: I'll be happy to listen to you.
    Thank you. I might PM you soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Well done! I started not long ago, don't know if it helped yet but it's a longer process anyway I gather, but what I do notice is that it is for sure nice to talk about your issue(s) and know someone who cares and wants to work out a solution with you.
    Oh that's nice

What kinds of things have you done so far in the sessions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: I think you've got basically the same problem as Sultana. You are both awesome, fail to realise that, and are surrounded by unappreciative people. You're allowed to be a bit ****ed up. You're allowed to need people's help. And we'll be here for you whenever you need us.
    Thing is it would be ok if I got help from people who were meant to help me. Like family or something if they didn't mind then maybe it would be better. But the people who are helping me are a) friends who don't need the extra burden and b) therapist who I pay pretty much enough for the electricity bill for the hours I'm there... is a ****ing joke really. I'm paying a fifth of what she normally charges (so effectively she's running at £100 loss every time she sees me) and I don't deserve it. Other people would maybe get better if she helped them. And she would earn the money she deserves. And she has had to make people late for their appointments when I've been dissolved in flashback and made my appointment be like double as long as it's meant to be. So basically this proves I'm really being so selfish. Taking up time of people who deserve better and/or could help people who deserve it.

(Original post by Sultana)
    :hugs: I don't really have anything to say that doesn't sound hugely hypocritical even to me, but once my brothers gone to bed (around 10ish) I'll probably be on skype if you wanna chat.
    Thanks. Thing is I don't think you're right about yourself. Cos you are funny and awesome and like a real person and my heart is dead. I dunno that I'll be on skype tonight cos really shouldn't when I'm being like this but can do if you need to talk or anything. Just don't know that I can talk about me. Or more I know I can and I'll just go on and on forever and prove how **** I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dee Leigh)
    Oh that's nice

What kinds of things have you done so far in the sessions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have only gone a few times (3 I think), so far we really only analysed what my main issues are and why. But he has already said for one the things he wants to put me in a situation where it occurs and go from there.

ReputationRep:
    So sister needs more cigarettes, asks parents to buy, they say no is late, she pleads and begs and cries my mum falters, dad gets mad she's giving in again, mum gets mad he is heartless sister crying hysterically and sobbing how its's all her fault and how worthless she is. Mum tries to mollify sister, says will buy her baccy, sister all stubborn and no no no, mum gets annoyed comes into my room see's me crying in the corner screams at me for being such a bad example and what am i doing acting like a baby when im twenty years old, why the **** have i come home if im just going to make things worse, where was i when they needed me. oh. why cant i stop this.
    :jumphug: sorry I don't know what to say. But it's not your fault, and I think your mum was way out of line. Sometimes even good parents do wrong things. I can come on skype if talking would help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    Thing is it would be ok if I got help from people who were meant to help me. Like family or something if they didn't mind then maybe it would be better. But the people who are helping me are a) friends who don't need the extra burden and b) therapist who I pay pretty much enough for the electricity bill for the hours I'm there... is a ****ing joke really. I'm paying a fifth of what she normally charges (so effectively she's running at £100 loss every time she sees me) and I don't deserve it. Other people would maybe get better if she helped them. And she would earn the money she deserves. And she has had to make people late for their appointments when I've been dissolved in flashback and made my appointment be like double as long as it's meant to be. So basically this proves I'm really being so selfish. Taking up time of people who deserve better and/or could help people who deserve it.

Thanks. Thing is I don't think you're right about yourself. Cos you are funny and awesome and like a real person and my heart is dead. I dunno that I'll be on skype tonight cos really shouldn't when I'm being like this but can do if you need to talk or anything. Just don't know that I can talk about me. Or more I know I can and I'll just go on and on forever and prove how **** I am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    But maybe you do.

And that is the exact reason why she doesn't charge you, because she thinks you are a quality human being and wants to help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure that it's selfish to accept something you're offered. I would also say that your involuntarily having flashbacks is not in the slightest bit selfish. Your therapist knows you are great human being, who is struggling with ****ty illnesses but can absolutely get better with the right support - which she is willing to give you. Cos she knows you are equally as deserving as anyone else.

You are funny and awesome and a real ****ing great person. I think we need to start up work again on the brain swap proceedings
    Don't go on if you don't want to, but I'm happy for you to talk about you if you wanna (I think it's important to have an outlet sometimes) or can chat about rubbish if that would help. But I have taken mirtaz so will probably melt soon...

ReputationRep:
    So sister needs more cigarettes, asks parents to buy, they say no is late, she pleads and begs and cries my mum falters, dad gets mad she's giving in again, mum gets mad he is heartless sister crying hysterically and sobbing how its's all her fault and how worthless she is. Mum tries to mollify sister, says will buy her baccy, sister all stubborn and no no no, mum gets annoyed comes into my room see's me crying in the corner screams at me for being such a bad example and what am i doing acting like a baby when im twenty years old, why the **** have i come home if im just going to make things worse, where was i when they needed me. oh. why cant i stop this.
    Bad dynamics going on there... it just sounds like everyone is getting very emotional and stressed. Unfortunately you got the sharp end of that from your mom which isn't at all fair but it sounds as if she isn't coping that well herself with the whole situation.

YOU can't stop this unless you are some kind of Zen master! It isn't possible to just sort out these dynamics and all the stress and pain from your position. In fact, unless your family are really good at communicating with each other (and it sounds like that isn't the case right now) then no-one in the family can really solve this on their own.

It might pass as members of the family adjust to the situation over time or your sister recovers. However it might need family counselling or for your mom and dad at least to go for some counselling together so they can sort out all their feelings on what is happening and get a bit more in control of their stress levels. It isn't right for your mom to blame you for your reactions when her own are off kilter. You might be twenty but she is still the parent and it isn't good for her to project her own panic and anger onto you and start blaming you.. I don't know if they have thought of this or have any support. Perhaps you could collect some leaflets from relevant counselling organisations. Try to tell your parents that you are worried about the strain of this on them and maybe they could get some outside support (rather than demanding it from you directly.) Is there a family member or close family friend you like and trust like an aunt or something. If so maybe you could talk to them and tell them how you re feeling and try to get them to persuade your parents to get some outside support.

In the meantime try to see that your mom is being irrational. She probably doesn't mean what she is saying; she is just kind of lashing out in a panic. She probably knows that inside and that probably makes her feel even more panicked. In the meantime it is perfectly understandable if you feel hurt and angry.

If you can get out of the house/extract yourself from the hot house of feelings it would actually be really good.

Take care of yourself, HUG.

ReputationRep:
    The world doesnt feel real. Not sure whats happening but im ****ing scared dont know what to do :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So a week of sertaline and no real changes yet whixh isn't suprising, will give it another few weeks then see. Has really messed up my alcohol tolerance whixh gave me a massice hangover which was fun to go to work with. Not sure if it's making me less anxious ir I'm just avoiding those situations.

Still having weird sleep patterns but that could be the weather. Also having really vivis dreams whixh are fun when you startle awake and don't know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure that it's selfish to accept something you're offered. I would also say that your involuntarily having flashbacks is not in the slightest bit selfish. Your therapist knows you are great human being, who is struggling with ****ty illnesses but can absolutely get better with the right support - which she is willing to give you. Cos she knows you are equally as deserving as anyone else.

You are funny and awesome and a real ****ing great person. I think we need to start up work again on the brain swap proceedings
    Don't go on if you don't want to, but I'm happy for you to talk about you if you wanna (I think it's important to have an outlet sometimes) or can chat about rubbish if that would help. But I have taken mirtaz so will probably melt soon...
    Not sure whether my messages on Skype are pending cos my internet is **** or cos you're not there. Probably won't spend that long anyway cos have done some very interesting substance mixing and not gonna lie I'll probably melt soon myself. But just in case, if you're not online, I'm there.

ReputationRep:
    The world doesnt feel real. Not sure whats happening but im ****ing scared dont know what to do :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've had this before, take some deep breaths and try to remain calm. Nothing is going to hurt you, it's just a defence mechanism.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Feeling rather more tired and groggy the past two days. More dizziness and more headaches isn't very fun but I'm sure it will pass. Got some big choices to make about uni, top of which is do I take a gap year before uni or after first year? Choices choices. Pros of this year is recovery and stuff. After first year though ill have more friends, a support network at uni and ill hopefully be in a better place to actually do something decent in my gap year...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Decided to give up cos not much point starting conversation when brain already half goo. Will probably be around some point tomorrow. Hope you can sleep soon, :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    I've had this before, take some deep breaths and try to remain calm. Nothing is going to hurt you, it's just a defence mechanism.
    Dunno got a terrifying meeting tomorrow that could be make or break. REALLY need my mum right now. And i mean really. Cant carry on like i am

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dunno got a terrifying meeting tomorrow that could be make or break. REALLY need my mum right now. And i mean really. Cant carry on like i am

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know it's nearly midnight but you could maybe call her? She's your mum, she will understand, she's there for you. Whatever your meeting is, it's not the end of the world if it doesn't go your way. There are always second, third chances in life.

Hope it does work out though :goodluck:

Try and get some sleep, if you can. Things will feel a bit less scary in not too long...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.