This discussion is closed.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 48:13)
To be fair so was she...
Yeah, but I figure she'll regret this immensely. So why should everyone kick her when she's down? Didn't mean that pun, I promise
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by That Bearded Man)
Yeah, but I figure she'll regret this immensely. So why should everyone kick her when she's down? Didn't mean that pun, I promise
So that other girls can learn how deep it goes. The exposure and shame, obviously.
Oh well...
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Life Peer makes an excellent point! After all, it's not just her. She is one of many who seem to have lost all self-respect and have become obsessed with idea that public, sexual debauchery is both modern and moral. It's the complete opposite!
St. Brynjar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
So that other girls can learn how deep it goes. The exposure and shame, obviously.
Ah. So you're advocating slut-shaming?
MostUncivilised
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by St. Brynjar)
Ah. So you're advocating slut-shaming?
This is not shaming a woman for an act carried out "behind closed doors between consenting adults", as per the usual formulation.

As I said elsewhere, it's the fact that;

(1) She did it in a public bar

(2) She did it for payment, not for the fun of sex. She clearly wasn't doing it for reasons of sexual enjoyment

(3) She appears to have sexually assaulted one of the lads.

This is a sex act that would have shamed the Whore of Babylon, I think society has some right to voice its disapproval and disapprobation as a deterrent to others. Trust me, every girl in Magaluf will be thinking about this when some creepy fellow pulls out a camera and promises her a reward for a public sex act
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Perhaps I've turned all libertarian overnight but I think people are far too sexually repressed. So long as she's not knocked up then I say have fun.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Amber the Cat)
What about a new game in this house to stir debate? It's called 'What are you opinions on...' Each day I shall ask a question and we will all debate the topic. It basically brings a D&CA discussion board into the MHoC.

The first one is: What are your opinions on the 18 year-old Northern Irish girl who gave a blow-job to 24 strangers in a Magaluf in return for a free £2 cocktail she was never given.

i think she is an easily led, immature girl with questionable morals and no self respect. The same can be said for the boys who played along and the person who recorded the act. Further to this, her Catholic parents forgave her. Her parents should have disowned her and let her feel the full force of the media. She should be ashamed of herself.
Another reason not to go on holiday to the kind of places that are designed to be a lot of drunkenness and little things of value. Lucky me to be able to stay in a flat in the south of France owned by a family friend and miss all this kind of beahviour.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Perhaps I've turned all libertarian overnight but I think people are far too sexually repressed. So long as she's not knocked up then I say have fun.
Many people are too sexually repressed or generally uptight in the UK which is a legacy of Oliver Cromwell and Queen Victoria in my view. That does not mean that asking a young woman (or indeed a young man) to perform sex acts in public is right in my opinion.

I'm also concerned that things like this promote men having little respect for women.
meenu89
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Lucky me to be able to stay in a flat in the south of France owned by a family friend and miss all this kind of beahviour.
I hope you've declared that on the MHoC register
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
This young woman is heard saying "Who do I have to blow for a drink..." she knew what she was doing, she was willing. She also sexually assaulted a young man who tried to resist but then had to give into peer pressure, if anyone should be charged, she should for sexual assault.
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have just seen it and it was disgusting. Her dirty mouth was essentially a Petri dish and I would be surprised if the last guy did not wake up with his penis covered by at least fungi. For her own sake, I hope she washed her mouth with ethanol afterwards.
MacDaddi
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Loads of newbies in the thread
Blue Meltwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Can I have a moment to share my love of the smiley? It's so wonderful. Manages to achieve the jokey tense perfectly without seeming obnoxious or semi-flirty like other tongue-poking smileys often end up being. Long may it reign!
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blue Meltwater)
Can I have a moment to share my love of the smiley? It's so wonderful. Manages to achieve the jokey tense perfectly without seeming obnoxious or semi-flirty like other tongue-poking smileys often end up being. Long may it reign!
On the other hand, the appears to be rather sarcastic – of course, depending on the context and the person who uses it.
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blue Meltwater)
I love it too! But is even better. I seriously struggle without it on Facebook and in texts and etc. Without it, everything I write seems way too aggressive. And the Facebook version of sucks, it's too jokey and too laboured. TSR strikes the balance just right with It's jokey, but not overly, it's just happy and cheery. :heart:
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jarred)
I love it too! But is even better. I seriously struggle without it on Facebook and in texts and etc. Without it, everything I write seems way too aggressive. And the Facebook version of sucks, it's too jokey and too laboured. TSR strikes the balance just right with It's jokey, but not overly, it's just happy and cheery. :heart:
If I may, the seems to be even more sarcastic – at least to me… from you… in specific threads. But yeah, even in general. Just so you know it does not necessarily convey a universal meaning.
St. Brynjar
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The worst smiley by miles has to be... :yep:
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's an electronic smiley?
Jarred
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
If I may, the seems to be even more sarcastic – at least to me… from you… in specific threads. But yeah, even in general. Just so you know it does not necessarily convey a universal meaning.
Meh, I can't help it if you choose to read what is essentially a variation of the universally accepted incorrectly :dontknow:

(Original post by St. Brynjar)
The worst smiley by miles has to be... :yep:
No!!! I love that one.

The worst is :bigsmile:
Saoirse:3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Jarred)
Meh, I can't help it if you choose to read what is essentially a variation of the universally accepted incorrectly :dontknow:

No!!! I love that one.

The worst is :bigsmile:
I've never even seen that used before!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1017)
79.14%
Leave (268)
20.86%

Watched Threads