Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Renewhj)
    Applying to the same course here

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool. Which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteampunkNerd)
    Yeh I submitted mine so close to the deadline!!! Never again!! What are you applying for??
    English and French, you ?
    I swear !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahanne)
    GCSE grades: 7 A's 1B 2C's
    A-Levels: A A B
    Course: Psychology
    College: Mulberry
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when Brasenose lawyers can expect a rejection/interview invitation? The waiting is horrible :-(

ReputationRep:
    Did anybody not receive an email confirmation from the college after saying whether they wanted Skype or fly over to Oxford? I replied 2 days ago but I never received an email back from the college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james3254)
    me! for law what are you applying for? did you go to the open day in september?
    I've also applied to Harris Manchester College for Law (Senior Status) as an International Student
    No luck yet either hearing about an interview ..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeignStudent32)
    Did anybody not receive an email confirmation from the college after saying whether they wanted Skype or fly over to Oxford? I replied 2 days ago but I never received an email back from the college.
    I got one from Balliol saying thank you for letting them know the same day. Might just vary from college to college.

ReputationRep:
    BrasenoseAdm Does all colleges confirm the applicant's email for preferred interview option or reply to the applicant's email?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rosiehhirrs)
    Hey other Canadian!! It seems we are both applying for Biological sciences. Good luck with your interview! I literally no-one else applying to Oxford in Toronto at least.
    Oh lol I'm also from Toronto. I'm actually applying for PPE (I meant I'm also international). Hopefully we'll see each other on the plane over for our interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarmaple)
    Oh lol I'm also from Toronto. I'm actually applying for PPE (I meant I'm also international). Hopefully we'll see each other on the plane over for our interviews.
    Did they reply to your interview preference?

ReputationRep:
    I got an email back from Oriel after I told them I would be willing to fly over

ReputationRep:
    Did they reply to your interview preference?
    They did

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dandlessss)
    I received pre-interview rejection when I applied first time. 12 November, email. No letter.

Just hoping it's not the same this year
    Which subject did you apply for last year (if you don't mind me asking)?

ReputationRep:
    so even internationals won't hear till a week before? I need to book a flight ahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polarmaple)
    They did

Lol, apparently the college I am applying to does not reply to student's interview emails \

Oxford's colleges - trolling since the beginning of time.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the colleges sent out interview invites to high scorers on the admission test earlier because there is no need the discussion that is required with borderline applicants. Since scores above a certain threshold guarantees interview.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if the colleges sent out interview invites to high scorers on the admission test earlier because there is no need the discussion that is required with borderline applicants. Since scores above a certain threshold guarantees interview.
    I think each college tells everyone for each specific subject at the same time. So (for example) if you applied for PPE at Oriel you will find out at the same time regardless of your TSA scores.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by politicalmind)
    so even internationals won't hear till a week before? I need to book a flight ahah
    Yes, they don't make exceptions, but - same here, I am also an international. But it is unlikely for me to get an interview, so I don't stress about it too much.
    Where are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scblx)
    Yes, they don't make exceptions, but - same here, I am also an international. But it is unlikely for me to get an interview, so I don't stress about it too much.
    Where are you from?
    I just booked some dirt-cheap flights to make sure I can get there, if not, I've only lost sixty bucks or so, but I guess it depends on where you live

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquaxo)
    Does anyone know when Brasenose lawyers can expect a rejection/interview invitation? The waiting is horrible :-(

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.