Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're seriously trying to say that your thread is better than the Chelsea thread in terms of being informative and non inflammatory?

United thread got terrible last season, while the Arsenal thread got a little bit better but it's gone pretty bad this season. I miss Mess from the liverpool thread too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    It's gone downhill because everyone's mistaking this thread with the misc thread.
    Tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    After gruelling calculations and thousands of computer simulations, i have produced an accurate report on Arsenals performance in upcoming and current competitions.

They are as follows;

Champions league: Win
    BPL: Win
    FA Cup: Win
    Captial one: Win
    MLS: No need to participate, Arsenal already won it
    Bundesliga: Win
    La Liga: Win
    Eredivise: Win
    SPFL: Lol
    Ligue 1: Win
    Seria A: Win
    Super Copa: Win
    Euro 2016: Win (Germany 0 Arsenal 4)

That is all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE)
    After gruelling calculations and thousands of computer simulations, i have produced an accurate report on Arsenals performance in upcoming and current competitions.

They are as follows;

Champions league: Win
    BPL: Win
    FA Cup: Win
    Captial one: Win

That is all
    Should have thrown in the bundesliga and MLS too

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Or the Romanian liga 1 and Spanish Super Copa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    sorry had to do some extra calculations. rectified now

ReputationRep:
    The melt down in the united thread is something to watch guys..

& I thought we were in a shambolic situation 😂

ReputationRep:
    Most of the arguments in this thread have been because of Liverpool fans getting rowdy tbh.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think our line-up will be tomorrow?

Giroud
    Cazorla - Ozil - Sanchez
    Wilshere - Ramsey
    Monreal - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Debuchy
    Szczesny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BenAssirati)
    What does everyone think our line-up will be tomorrow?

Giroud
    Cazorla - Ozil - Sanchez
    Wilshere - Ramsey
    Monreal - Mertesacker - Koscielny - Debuchy
    Szczesny
    I think it'll be a Ramsey - Flamini start but apart from that, that line up is probably what we'll see

Excited as **** to see Ozil & Sanchez

Wenger might even unleash Campbell tomorrow who knows :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    I think it'll be a Ramsey - Flamini start but apart from that, that line up is probably what we'll see

Excited as **** to see Ozil & Sanchez

Wenger might even unleash Campbell tomorrow who knows :/
    I get what you mean, Everton completely destroyed us in that 3-0 game so Wilshere might be too weak to hack it tomorrow. Still, Flamini hasn't had many minutes this season in friendlies etc, who knows.

UGH don't tempt me. Ozil + Sanchez + Ramsey...

Since we do not have Walcott, Diaby, Gnabry and Sanogo is still 50/50 on his injury, might we see both Podolski AND Campbell?

ReputationRep:
    I get what you mean, Everton completely destroyed us in that 3-0 game so Wilshere might be too weak to hack it tomorrow. Still, Flamini hasn't had many minutes this season in friendlies etc, who knows.

UGH don't tempt me. Ozil + Sanchez + Ramsey...

Since we do not have Walcott, Diaby, Gnabry and Sanogo is still 50/50 on his injury, might we see both Podolski AND Campbell?
    Perhaps.. but Podolski doesn't possess the work ethic to play vs Everton at Goodison Park lol, I hope wenger realises that..

I would really love to see this:

Campbell/Sanchez
    Cazorla Ozil Campbell/Sanchez
    Ramsey Flamini
    Usual back 5 (dunno if Gibbs is ready yet?)

With Ox to replace Cazorla sometime during the second half..

Wenger doesn't even like using Ox on the wings anymore =\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Perhaps.. but Podolski doesn't possess the work ethic to play vs Everton at Goodison Park lol, I hope wenger realises that..

Campbell/Sanchez
    Ramsey Flamini

With Ox to replace Cazorla on sometime during the second half..

Wenger has gone off Ox for some reason, and I don't see why. Along with Ramsey etc he is the future of the club.

Gibbs is injured so we have to make do with Nacho and hope he doesn't screw up. I would agree with your line up, but play it like:

Sanchez
    Chamberlain - Ozil - Campbell
    Flamini - Ramsey

I think Sanchez should be deployed up front, as he doesn't seem 100% comfortable tracking back and playing most of his football on the half-way line, as is the way with Arsenal's attacking midfielders. Campbell is much more at home down the wings and covering his defenders, and although Sanchez is energetic and good at closing down players, he gives away too many fouls in threatening areas to be viable. Cazorla is also in terrible form, being lazy and not producing accurate passes etc. Sit him out and let Chamberlain play a match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)

Campbell/Sanchez
    Ramsey Flamini

With Ox to replace Cazorla sometime during the second half..

Because Ox isn't a winger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Neither is Cazorla.

He's terrible out wide, at least the Ox will scare the opposite more than Santi does.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Nor is Cazorla.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has gone off Ox for some reason, and I don't see why. Along with Ramsey etc he is the future of the club.

Gibbs is injured so we have to make do with Nacho and hope he doesn't screw up. I would agree with your line up, but play it like:

Sanchez
    Chamberlain - Ozil - Campbell
    Flamini - Ramsey

I think Sanchez should be deployed up front, as he doesn't seem 100% comfortable tracking back and playing most of his football on the half-way line, as is the way with Arsenal's attacking midfielders. Campbell is much more at home down the wings and covering his defenders, and although Sanchez is energetic and good at closing down players, he gives away too many fouls in threatening areas to be viable. Cazorla is also in terrible form, being lazy and not producing accurate passes etc. Sit him out and let Chamberlain play a match.
    Yeah, Ox would be so much better out wide. I don't understand that in the absence of Ozil, why Wenger didn't just go with Cazorla through the middle? The guy is much much better there..

Also, why isnt' Campbell getting game time? =\

(Original post by Peggles_*)
    Neither is Cazorla.

He's terrible out wide, at least the Ox will scare the opposite more than Santi does.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly. I don't even get the need to play him centrally. He's performed a lot better on the wing and centrally, we already have Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere who are better than Ox in the middle. With Ramsey and Wilshere's ages.. I don't even see Ox being playing there - like ever (unless they're injured) so if that's what Wenger plans to do then it'll really slow down Ox's development.

It would be so perfect for Ox and the team if hes unleashed on the left - he was power and pace and a reaaaaaal good work ethic, and he can scare the opposition like you said.

Also, Ox's dribbling is better than some people make it out to be.. he's earned us quite a few penalties by skipping through the box lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHOO)
    Yeah, Ox would be so much better out wide. I don't understand that in the absence of Ozil, why Wenger didn't just go with Cazorla through the middle? The guy is much much better there..

Also, why isnt' Campbell getting game time? =\

Exactly. I don't even get the need to play him centrally. He's performed a lot better on the wing and centrally, we already have Ozil, Ramsey and Wilshere who are better than Ox in the middle. With Ramsey and Wilshere's ages.. I don't even see Ox being playing there - like ever (unless they're injured) so if that's what Wenger plans to do then it'll really slow down Ox's development.

It would be so perfect for Ox and the team if hes unleashed on the left - he was power and pace and a reaaaaaal good work ethic, and he can scare the opposition like you said.

Also, Ox's dribbling is better than some people make it out to be.. he's earned us quite a few penalties by skipping through the box lol
    Exactly! Cazorla is possibly the worst winger option for the club, and he plays all of his best football as CAM. It makes more sense that you put the creativity down the middle, and pace down the wings (I mean come on, even Gnabry was brilliant when played as a winger). As for Campbell, it genuinely is a mystery. It is obvious Wenger wants him to be a part of the club, because he point blank refused to sell him to Galatasaray. Perhaps Campbell has an injury we don't know about, or hasn't been any good in training?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    Ox is a brilliant winger. He has the pace to beat players, the skill and power required to move the ball sufficiently, and the natural abilities to score from anywhere. I distinctly remember him hitting the bar from outside the area multiple times last season, which for an Arsenal player is unheard of (it seems to be taboo for us to shoot from outside the box, bar Giroud's Community Shield goal).

ReputationRep:
    Is Ozil even fit? Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench tbh.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.