The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aabidah

:yy:
Original post by IdeasForLife

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first one he said, so true 👍.
Mufti Menk comes out with some real gems, Allahumma barik lahu!
"The day you start to think you're better than others is the day shaytaan starts to drink from your cup of good deeds."
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile

The first one he said, so true ������.

Reminds me of the J. Cole song whose message is "there's no such thing as a life that's better than yours" :yy:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Reminds me of the J. Cole song whose message is "there's no such things as a life that's better than yours" :yy:

Somehow I doubt he listens to J.Cole...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Reminds me of the J. Cole song whose message is "there's no such things as a life that's better than yours" :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have heard of J Cole but never really listened to his songs lol.

Have you seen the thread created in response to this, which wants a petition signed against halal slaughter? What a joke lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:

The similitude of mine and that of my Umma is that of a person who lit fire and there began to fall into it insects and moths. And I am there to hold you back, but you plunge into it.

وَحَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا الْمُغِيرَةُ بْنُ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ الْقُرَشِيُّ، عَنْ أَبِي الزِّنَادِ، عَنِ الأَعْرَجِ، عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم "‏ إِنَّمَا مَثَلِي وَمَثَلُ أُمَّتِي كَمَثَلِ رَجُلٍ اسْتَوْقَدَ نَارًا فَجَعَلَتِ الدَّوَابُّ وَالْفَرَاشُ يَقَعْنَ فِيهِ فَأَنَا آخِذٌ بِحُجَزِكُمْ وَأَنْتُمْ تَقَحَّمُونَ فِيهِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 2284 a
In-book reference : Book 43, Hadith 18
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 30, Hadith 5670
One day a poor man brought a bunch of grapes to the holy prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) as a gift. The holy prophet (pbuh) ate one, two, three and then the whole bunch of grapes by himself. He did not offer grapes to anyone present. The poor man who brought those grapes was very pleased and left.

One of the companions asked, "O prophet of Allah (peace be upon Him) ! How come you ate all the grapes by yourself and did not offer to any one of us present? The holy Prophet (peace be upon Him) smiled and said, "I ate all the grapes by myself because the grapes were sour. If I would have offered you, you might have made funny faces and that would have hurt the feelings of that poor man. I thought to myself that it's better that I eat all of them cheerfully and please the poor man. I did not want to hurt the feelings of that poor man."
Such were the manners of this most noble Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him)

SubhanAllah. The greatness of our great Prophet (peace be upon him)

Moral:
1) Consideration for the feelings of others
2) Graciousness in accepting gifts.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Incredible97
One day a poor man brought a bunch of grapes to the holy prophet Muhammad (peace be upon Him) as a gift. The holy prophet (pbuh) ate one, two, three and then the whole bunch of grapes by himself. He did not offer grapes to anyone present. The poor man who brought those grapes was very pleased and left.

One of the companions asked, "O prophet of Allah (peace be upon Him) ! How come you ate all the grapes by yourself and did not offer to any one of us present? The holy Prophet (peace be upon Him) smiled and said, "I ate all the grapes by myself because the grapes were sour. If I would have offered you, you might have made funny faces and that would have hurt the feelings of that poor man. I thought to myself that it's better that I eat all of them cheerfully and please the poor man. I did not want to hurt the feelings of that poor man."
Such were the manners of this most noble Prophet (Peace and blessings be upon him)

Moral:

JazakAllah sister, what a beautiful lesson.
Peace be with you all my brothers/sisters in faith, or equals in humanity if you follow another faith or no distinct faith,

Muslims often chant the slogan 'The bible has been corrupted, people wrote it claiming it to be the word of God, and mixed truth and falsehood. This was what the Quran 1400 years ago was claiming, that the real authors of the bible were not the true disciples of Jesus pbuh, that the bible had indeed been subjected to those who mixed truth with falsehood or invented things.

There is infact, concrete - yes concrete- historical evidence for this. The fact 4700 early manuscripts have been found, whether or not this is true, does not really harm the claim i am going to make.

You are going by the already edited manuscripts of the New-Testament. My argument was that the new testament is the handy work - not all- but mostly of men.

My idea's of the New Testament:

1. No-one can invent blatant lies about Jesus pbuh in terms of him historically, but they can invent false doctrines, such as Paul did.

2. There is truth in the historical accounts of Jesus pbuh's miracles, though not all of them are true, i do believe he indeed performed miracles, and these are justly documented.

3. The actual authors of the gospels aren't really known, there is a lot of speculation about this i will expand on. This is extremely damaging to their authenticities.

The argument Muslims state is that the Bible , or what was given to Jesus pbuh was heavily edited, interpolated, and while some of it contains the truth, the handywork of man have had far reaching effects in it. Let us therefore dissect the New Testament in the light of claims you have made.

Firstly, fourteen of the 28 books in the Bible are attributed to paul, seven of the fourteen are debatable, but this is still an extremely large percentage written by one individual.

Paul (or saul) had never even met Jesus pbuh. In fact, before beggining his mission he had been persecuting Christians, which is further evidenced by the 'Damascus road incident'. Paul infact, can be considered as the father of christianity.

Muslims therefore regard Paul as a false apostle. He had never met Jesus pbuh, and his teachings are in stark contrast to what we see in other parts of the Bible, where it was only Jesus Christ PBUH speaking (though the authenticity of this is to be questioned).

I will give a deeper analysis as to why the teachings of Paul directly contradict and contrast with what some of the other alleged authors write about him later on.

Let us look at some of the Gospels and their alleged authors.

Gospel of Mark

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Authorship_of_the_New_Testament#cite_note-Mack-7
The first written account of the ministry of Jesus, the Gospel of Mark, was penned in about 65 to 80 CE, 30 or more years after Jesus was allegedly executed.
Tradition has it that the author of Mark was John Mark, an associate of Peter the Apostle. Eusebius of Caesarea (c. 323 CE) quotes Papias of Hierapolis (c. 130 CE) as hearing from one "presbyter" that Mark had written Peter's memoirs - something generally called "hearsay" in legalese, and not overly reliable, nearly 300 years after the fact. Also, several late second-century sources indirectly allude to John Mark's association with Peter. These claims have long been challenged by scholars, primary because John Mark was a known Palestinian Jew.
Setting "tradition" aside, modern linguistic scholarship on the Gospel actually suggests that Mark has two sources/authors, one dating from the 60s, and a second, possibly an editor, dating from the 80s or 90s[4] It should be noted that one passage often cited as being added is the passage about Jesus' resurrection, suggesting that the original author of Mark may have been part of a church that had not yet invented the Resurrection Story[5][6][7].

The author of Mark has long been seen as a collector and compiler of stories and theological ideas.[7] Biblical scholars generally state that the author of Mark had not seen or heard his stories directly, but was compelled to include legend, rumor, and history in his work.[5][6][7][8] It is fairly well accepted among historians and biblical scholars that the errors regarding Palestinian geography and customs, as well as the author's need to explain Jewish law and ideas, indicate the author of Mark is not a Palestinian Jew.[5][7]

The language, theology, and style of Mark suggest that Mark was written for the Gentile, not for practicing Jews.[5][8][7]
Some more extreme theories suggest the Gospel of Mark's intention was solely to write a fictional allegory based on scripture,[9] possibly despite the absence of a historical Jesus.[10]

Matthew

Like the other of the Canonical Gospels, the authorship of Matthew is unknown. The earliest known reference for the tradition of an author, Matthew, comes from Papias of Hierapolis, 120-140 CE. Quickly, the "Matthew" mentioned by Hierapolis is associated with "Matthew the tax collector".[7]
Matthew is traditionally (historically) understood to have originally been written in Hebrew, sometime between 50s and 70s, then translated, edited, and added to by the actual author of Matthew sometime in the last part of the first century, or even as late as the second century. However, linguistic markers in the Greek version of Matthew do not support this theory.[11] There is, however, some linguistic evidence to support the idea that a few distinct passages in Matthew could have been written in Hebrew[11]. The theology of Matthew does suggest that the author was a Jew, and not a gentile. The language is more strongly connected to the Old Testament and to fulfillment of OT prophecy, and the theology is generally marked by a more traditional Jewish flavor than by Greek philosophy and religion. [5]
Biblical Scholars and linguists generally accept that Matthew is a compiled work from three different sources: Mark, the Q Document, and the religious "church" community the author of Matthew would have been part of. Based on the same language analysis, the author of Matthew was likely a highly-educated Jew who wrote in Greek, but with a Jewish worldview and schooled in Jewish law.[5][8] He and his community were on the edge of Jewish society, and his non-Pauline Christianity was in no way mainstream. [12]

I could continue citing example after example of how we can't even be sure about who exactly the authors of the bible were. As you see, the Quran infact is so accurate in making this claim:

"Can ye (o ye men of Faith) entertain the hope that they will believe in you?- Seeing that a party of them heard the Word of Allah, and perverted it knowingly after they understood it… Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands, and then say:"This is from Allah," to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby." (Quran 2:75,79)

"There is among them a section who distort the Book with their tongues: (As they read) you would think it is a part of the Book, but it is no part of the Book; and they say, "That is from Allah," but it is not from Allah: It is they who tell a lie against Allah, and (well) they know it!" (Quran 3:78)

Points to make:

1. Paul by far writes a considerable amount of the new testament. He never met Jesus pbuh and in another post, i will highlight clear contradictions between the teachings of Jesus pbuh, and Pauls christianity.

2. A part heard the true word of God, but mixed it with their own lies, and legends. The fact the authorship of the bible is fairly unknown lends evidence to men simply writing what they saw, heard, thought etc mixing truth with falsehood.

A strong evidence for the validity of the new testament would have been historically ascertaining the real authors as well as proving their link to living with Jesus pbuh and being close to him. As i have shown, the New Testament does not at all stand to this test.
Heloo! I'm a new member. I'm surprised that we have an Islamic soc
Original post by elhm1800
Somehow I doubt he listens to J.Cole...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yuck! I hate J.Cole
Muhammed pbuh, as well as being the greatest arabic linguist of all time (if people accuse him of writing the Quran), as well as many of his other attributes, studied the new testament to such a scholarly level, finding ancient manuscripts or unearthing them , as well as studying historical records , as well as truly examined paul to ascertain the new testament had indeed undergone great corruption at the hands of men.

The prophet had never read or written a book in his life, and while you can claim he heard 'stories', how much scholarship would you need to make a claim we can now ascertain to be absolutely accurate and true. Any atheist will agree with this.

A christian won't, because , with all due respect, they use circular logic in validifying the new testament.

Let me speak with pride, we love Jesus Christ peace and blessings be upon him. However, if you study pauls works vs the other works (mostly) you find such a stark contrast.

Here is what Jesus pbuh really taught:

Luke 18:19 "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

Mark 28:30 28One of the scribes came and heard them arguing, and recognizing that He had answered them well, asked Him, "What commandment is the foremost of all?" 29Jesus answered, "The foremost is, 'HEAR, O ISRAEL! THE LORD OUR GOD IS ONE LORD;30AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.

John 5:30
By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

Holy Quran: "And when Allah will say: O Jesus, son of Mary, didst thou say to men, Take me and my mother for two gods besides Allah? He will say: Glory be to Thee! it was not for me to say what I had no right to (say). If I had said it, Thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy mind. Surely Thou art the great Knower of the unseen."
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by afghannn
Heloo! I'm a new member. I'm surprised that we have an Islamic soc

Peace be with you!

Welcome to the community!
Original post by Tawheed
Peace be with you!

Welcome to the community!

Thanks!

Moral:

SubhanAllah what an amazing and beautiful plot twist :biggrin:

Moral:

Beautiful sis thank u x
Do u know where this recorded?

Latest

Trending

Trending