The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4760
Anyone heard from/applied for govn & economics? I applied pre-oxbridge deadline and was placed in the "gathered pile," was just wondering whether there was anybody else in a similar position
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Incoherence
I'm so tempted to check Track but I don't wanna be disappointed when there's nothing new on it.

anyways... any law offers so far???

I was just checking last year's decisions thread and it looked like the law offers came fri feb 1st..Thus I doubt we'll see a serious number of law offers until (I think it's roughly) fri jan 30th this year. :frown: I really would like one!
Reply 4762
El Mariachi
Maybe contact them and let them know of your situation? Whend did you apply?

Ye I have been thinking of doing so; I definitely will if I don't hear in the next week or so. I applied on Oct 28th.
Reply 4763
Newbie here!

1st choice: Media and Communications
2nd choice: Culture and Society

I applied on January 8th and got my student number yesturday. Is that unusually fast or did everyone receive their 4th e-mail that quickly?

Has anyone else applied to either of these programs? Accepted? Rejected?
Reply 4764
HK87
Newbie here!

1st choice: Media and Communications
2nd choice: Culture and Society

I applied on January 8th and got my student number yesturday. Is that unusually fast or did everyone receive their 4th e-mail that quickly?

Has anyone else applied to either of these programs? Accepted? Rejected?

I'm pretty sure that LSE don't do those courses???
Milch

Would you choose LSE or Warwick?
Reply 4766
Milch

Yes, they are both offered. I guess they are not as well known...

One is in the media and communications department and the other is in sociology.
Reply 4767
Beef_Eater
Would you choose LSE or Warwick?

Warwick I think.
2 of my mates from school today got lse offers for accounting and finance! Both AAB.
Milch
Warwick I think.
2 of my mates from school today got lse offers for accounting and finance! Both AAB.

Really? What were their GCSEs like? Did they get shortlisted?
Milch
Warwick I think.

Why would you choose Warwick btw?
Reply 4770
Beef_Eater
Really? What were their GCSEs like? Did they get shortlisted?

They both applied after me and were not shortlisted.
Friend1:
7A*3A
aabbc (He posted in the A&F 2009 thread)
Friend 2:
6A*4A
aabbb
Reply 4771
Beef_Eater
Why would you choose Warwick btw?

Cheaper, nice campus, workload is not as much and there is lots of fun stuff to do!
Warwick more fun than LONDON? (London is the capital by the way lol)
Milch
Cheaper, nice campus, workload is not as much and there is lots of fun stuff to do!

Campus accommodation is quite expensive from what I remember?

Also, I've heard some Warwick courses have loads of work like MORSE, but I suppose it's course-dependent.
Reply 4774
Beef_Eater
Warwick more fun than LONDON? (London is the capital by the way lol)

Yes I do live in England btw.
Well you won't have much spare time to do the fun stuff lol
Economist1
Yes, but don't worry. I'm sure yours will come soon enough. :biggrin:

Apparently (I cannot confirm to what extent this is true) the way it is done at LSE is that applications are forwarded to different members of the admissions team. Some evidently like to give out offers very quickly - I was extremely fortunate in this respect - while others like to take their time and review all applications before giving out offers.

That's pretty interesting - puts me back in my bubble. I'm sure your excellent academic results were more important than luck in securing both offers. Out of interest have you decided; LSE or Trinity?
Thing is with LSE, its more independent learning which I like.
Milch
Yes I do live in England btw.
Well you won't have much spare time to do the fun stuff lol

Anyways have you considered accommodation in Warwick?
illy123
That's pretty interesting - puts me back in my bubble. I'm sure your excellent academic results were more important than luck in securing both offers. Out of interest have you decided; LSE or Trinity?

Don't wanna put your confidence down its supposedly rare for someone to hold offers from both UCL and LSE
Reply 4779
Beef_Eater
Anyways have you considered accommodation in Warwick?

I'm thinking rootes what bout u?

Latest

Trending

Trending