Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaaat)
    well done What A levels are you taking?
    & did Sheff interview? I didn't apply to sheffield in the end, abit too far away from home but apparently the uni is AMAZING.
    I do psychology, ict and rs! Yeaaah they interviewed me, I was convinced I wasnt going to get an offer since I didn't think it went very well! Where do you want to go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zanzapan)
    I do psychology, ict and rs! Yeaaah they interviewed me, I was convinced I wasnt going to get an offer since I didn't think it went very well! Where do you want to go?
    I reckon most people just come out of the interview thinking it was bad because it means so much to everyone! Was it just a one on one interview, or did you have like group activities to do? I've applied to Birmingham City uni and apparently they have group ones there, that scares the hell out of me!

I really want to go to UEA and then maybe De Montfort? I havent seen De Montfort yet though hoping to go on an open day soon.
    I didn't do a science at A level (unless uni's take sociology as a science), hope that doesn't give me a disadvantage!

ReputationRep:
    I have just got my sheffield offer through on UCAS!!! Its ABB, which is so good, means I have room for mistakes or errors!! FIRM FIRM FIRMMMMM
    Wooooo, i got mine through today as well! Seeeee you there lovely xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaaa)
    Wooooo, i got mine through today as well! Seeeee you there lovely xx
    Wooooo! What grades did you get offered? Yes I most certainly shall be seeing you there! xxx

(Original post by Kaaat)
    I reckon most people just come out of the interview thinking it was bad because it means so much to everyone! Was it just a one on one interview, or did you have like group activities to do? I've applied to Birmingham City uni and apparently they have group ones there, that scares the hell out of me!

I really want to go to UEA and then maybe De Montfort? I havent seen De Montfort yet though hoping to go on an open day soon.
    I didn't do a science at A level (unless uni's take sociology as a science), hope that doesn't give me a disadvantage!
    Sheffield had a individual one but also like written and hearing tasks and stuff! But dont worry about group interviews ans stuff, it will be fine

ReputationRep:
    Wooooo! What grades did you get offered? Yes I most certainly shall be seeing you there! xxx
    ABB as well, but i already have one A and one B at A level.. so just need to get another B. I really need to get myself back into a studying frame of mind though because i seem to have completely dropped that this year & like to pretend to myself that i'm having a year off, sillly. xx

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield had a individual one but also like written and hearing tasks and stuff! But dont worry about group interviews ans stuff, it will be fine
    Ah cool, yeah the group ones just seem so daunting!
    Good luck with getting the grades to get into Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaaat)
    Oh UEA is my first choice well done!
    Is that a conditional offer?
    I want a place at UEA so bad, I love the uni!
    UEA *will* be my first choice aswell if I get an offer! Have you had an interview yet?

ReputationRep:
    haa, I already know I am such a keeno! Endcliffe self catered with en suite
    Oooh my ex is first year at Sheffield and living in Endcliffe - absolutely loves it! Apparently it's a really nice place to live - the only bad side about it is apparently "the big hill", but hey, at least in this kinda weather it would be fantastic to sledge down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louloulabam)
    Oooh my ex is first year at Sheffield and living in Endcliffe - absolutely loves it! Apparently it's a really nice place to live - the only bad side about it is apparently "the big hill", but hey, at least in this kinda weather it would be fantastic to sledge down
    Hahaha, good stuff! The hill can be my daily dose of exercise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louloulabam)

Hahaha, good stuff! The hill can be my daily dose of exercise!
    Have either of you seen the endcliffe ensuite accommodation? It's so nice! I had a look round last year and it's really modern and has a really friendly feel to it. It's meant to be the most popular choice. I was told to avoid the other one though. Ranmoor I think it is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumpling)
    Have either of you seen the endcliffe ensuite accommodation? It's so nice! I had a look round last year and it's really modern and has a really friendly feel to it. It's meant to be the most popular choice. I was told to avoid the other one though. Ranmoor I think it is?
    yeah I have seen that! its what I am applying for I love it!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from Newcastle yet?
    It's not one of my first choices so i'm not too bothered about it but i want to sort out my firm and insurance. I'm thinking of putting Sheffield as firm and De Monfort as insurance

ReputationRep:
    UEA *will* be my first choice aswell if I get an offer! Have you had an interview yet?
    No not yet. I only sent off my application off last week, I have an email from them saying they have my application though, so hopefully hear from them soon! Have you? If so what was it like? Questions etc..

ReputationRep:
    The application deadline has been extended officially now, from the 15th January to the 22nd January.

So anyone who hasn't sent theirs yet still has time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaaat)
    No not yet. I only sent off my application off last week, I have an email from them saying they have my application though, so hopefully hear from them soon! Have you? If so what was it like? Questions etc..
    I sent mine last week too, haven't had an acknowledgment from them yet though :-( Did get one from Manchester this morning though! At least I know it's all gone off now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaaat)
    Mines on February 8th! I'll fill you in on everything afterwards so you'll have a better idea of what to expect and then you can get yourself more prepared,

ReputationRep:
    hey guys
    bit of advice needed.
    or just your opinions really!

what do you think is better....

Manchester Uni
    or
    Newcastle Uni ?

i am shy and from a small country towney place in Ireland, and so i'm abit worried about a really bug city...

which is the friendlier city? or better nightlife? shops?? or better for speech therapy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LooCee)
    I sent mine last week too, haven't had an acknowledgment from them yet though :-( Did get one from Manchester this morning though! At least I know it's all gone off now.
    What uni's are you applying for? yeah its such a relief now its been sent, but im so inpatient I want to start getting feedback from the unis. lol

Mines on February 8th! I'll fill you in on everything afterwards so you'll have a better idea of what to expect and then you can get yourself more prepared,
    Ahh that would be wicked! I was hoping I might get an interview on that day as that seems like the next interviewing slot, but having sent off my application so late I think it might not be until March

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaaat)
    What uni's are you applying for? yeah its such a relief now its been sent, but im so inpatient I want to start getting feedback from the unis. lol
    Me too! I received an acknowledgement from UEA today too I've applied to Sheffield, Manchester, UEA, Marjon and Reading and had acknowledgements from UEA and Manchester. I think at the moment my top three are Sheffield, UEA and Marjon but I've only really seen Sheffield so that could all change! If I get offers/interviews I'm planning to have a good look round to help with my decision as I really want to be happy with my choice!

Someone on here said about Manchester changing their grade requirements to AAB, I noticed that on the entry requirements page for SLT it now says AAB. I have ABB but as I count as 'mature' the requirements are a little bit different and I have my Open Uni course too to give me a little bit of extra sparkle! I contacted the lovely admissions lady before I applied and she said that my study and everything means that they would consider me so it's all gravy as they say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkmonkey3)
    hey guys
    bit of advice needed.
    or just your opinions really!

what do you think is better....

Manchester Uni
    or
    Newcastle Uni ?

i am shy and from a small country towney place in Ireland, and so i'm abit worried about a really bug city...

which is the friendlier city? or better nightlife? shops?? or better for speech therapy?
    well both are really good cities and i loved the feel of both cities, but i absolutely HATED the sound of the manchester course! the lady actually said to us 'the course is really dry in the first year and you will wonder why you are doing this course' cause you don't have any patient interaction in the first year its just purely lectures. Also Manchester they had really poor results with half the students getting 2:2's and 2 people were even re-taking to pass the course (and this is compared to Reading which has half 2:1's and even 2 distinctions!), well purely because of that talk i didn't even put it down! so i'd say Newcastle all the way

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 16, 2010

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.