Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Snow Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Although saying that, if my trains to the Yorkshire dales get cancelled tomorrow I most certainly WILL NOT LIKE SNOW.

ReputationRep:
    its snowed lotsss in portsmouth over night. uni is still open though, wtffff!
    i'm not minding it atm, it looks pretty! but if i cant get home for work tomorrow
    yes im a work nerd, but i dont think the weather is an excuse i'll be paid for please south west trains?

ReputationRep:
    We were late to get the snow down here, but it's hit us now and been snowing all night and still going. Buses are completely cancelled in the area. I get the feeling I'll be one of very few people at work today (driving a 4x4 I have no excuse). Was busier than I expected at work yesterday, but I'm sure it'll be dead today. Our store manager can't make it in today as he lives miles away, takes him 2 hours to get here on a normal day, so we have a manager from another store who lives just round the corner to do the late shift today, so there will be me and her at least...we just have to hope there is another member of staff that makes it in to finish at 10 as there has to be 3 people in the store at all times...if not, I'm getting the snowboard out again!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Snow in london finally!!!! :woo::woo:

Even if it is just 1cm. :p:
    1cm ? Where do you live?!

I'm in London, albeit on the outskirts. We have over a foot of snow here...

(Original post by Crazydavy)
    9 inches of level snow in parts of Nonsuch Park (Surrey area)
    I'm in Sutton so quite near and there's so much snow! We can't even open the back door, there's so much snow in our garden.

I've yet to go out in it

ReputationRep:
    First snow in Devon here, only just over 1cm where I am though.

About time, it's been ****ing freezing and snow makes that alright.

ReputationRep:
    It's like a blizzard out there! A good 3 inches is on the ground and it's snowing heavily right now.
    Everything is still open, of course. Damn Keele.

ReputationRep:
    It's mad down here. Schools/colleges been shut for the past 3 days and it snowed so heavily last night that arriva has suspended services across the whole of Kent. Trains keep getting stuck so they aren't much use either. Getting to work today will be interesting...

ReputationRep:
    I made an igloo

ReputationRep:
    As much I love snow, it's starting to worry me because my mum is supposed to be getting the train down to London from Lincolnshire tomorrow so we can go christmas shopping, and I also want to get the train to see my boyfriend this weekend, so I'm praying that they won't be cancelled!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shmeiks)
    I made an igloo

Mine from last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Master.K)
    Snow in london finally!!!! :woo::woo:

Even if it is just 1cm. :p:
    1cm? :lolwut:

I'm in London and it's blanketed everywhere. At least 4/5 inches. My classes for today have all been cancelled because of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    I'm in Sutton so quite near and there's so much snow! We can't even open the back door, there's so much snow in our garden.

I've yet to go out in it
    I pranced around in it making snow angels and doing body slams and whatnot at 8 in the morning I'd have probably lied down there all day but my family would think I'm nuts

ReputationRep:
    In Kent it is horrendous. The first day...Tuesday I believe, was fun, when it was fresh snow. Yesterday was an icy nightmare, and UKC are not gritting properly either. The footpath, leading to some student flats is PURE ice. Hell to walk down there. Plus, we woke to more snow...so the majority of my classes have been cancelled.

I do love snow, but this is annoying =/

ReputationRep:
    Behold, the Icicles of Doom...

I daren't go in my back garden in case they fall and slice me in half

ReputationRep:
    No snow here in the North west today. I want some snow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alika186)
    In Kent it is horrendous. The first day...Tuesday I believe, was fun, when it was fresh snow. Yesterday was an icy nightmare, and UKC are not gritting properly either. The footpath, leading to some student flats is PURE ice. Hell to walk down there. Plus, we woke to more snow...so the majority of my classes have been cancelled.

I do love snow, but this is annoying =/
    Have you been to the bomb crater at the uni in the snow? :awesome: I was there the other night snowboarding!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hobo06)
    Have you been to the bomb crater at the uni in the snow? :awesome: I was there the other night snowboarding!
    Bomb crater? UKC has a bomb crater? How could I not know this! Where is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xnatalie01x)
    1cm ? Where do you live?!

I'm in London, albeit on the outskirts. We have over a foot of snow here...

(Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    1cm? :lolwut:

I'm in London and it's blanketed everywhere. At least 4/5 inches. My classes for today have all been cancelled because of it!
    West ****ty London.
    There's hardly any snow.....Just enough to grab with one hand. :/

DAM IT had school today

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by The_Male_Melons)
      I can't beat that. I never actually bought anything from the markets, I just see it...
      Although, I did get some hippo slippers from Next, this week...
      ( http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/men/shoesandboots/44/3 ) - that is what I am talking about lol
      Haha, I'm wearing them now.
      WOW! I want some of them! :eek:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.