Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A Basic Men's Guide to Success with Women Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sockpirate)
    So yesterday I saw a man play what seemed to be the smoothest pick-up ever. He was at an ice skating rink, by himself, and was an absolute skating god.
    First half of the session time he spent zooming around looking incredible, then stopped for a 'rest', at which point the women flocked (not even joking, every time I went round the rink there was another girl there! Think he'd amassed about 5 by one point). Then he gives a little ice skating lesson to one of the girls, cue holding hands, him skating backwards etc. etc. and bam, they walk off together into the night after returning their boots.

Quite frankly, I was very impressed. So there you go guys - just become amazing at ice skating and you too can get all the women. (I am a girl. I did fancy him a bit.)
    Picking up girls by dint of being genuinely talented isn't really a "smooth pick up", its just being talented and reaping the rewards. Same applies to being really good at sport or in a band or whatever.

I would think a lot of less impressionable girls would think a guy skating by himself would be a bit of a weird show off actually.

ReputationRep:
    White Teeth is also important. I brush mine everyday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Picking up girls by dint of being genuinely talented isn't really a "smooth pick up", its just being talented and reaping the rewards. Same applies to being really good at sport or in a band or whatever.

I would think a lot of less impressionable girls would think a guy skating by himself would be a bit of a weird show off actually.
    If someone amazing at skating was skating by themselves in a rink, I would just think they were practicing.(Possibly for a competition.). Saying that, I still wouldn't be all over them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 4, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.