Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BettyJ)
    Because that's were we go when we need a passport, so I just assumed they would know the answer as well.
    Ok, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    I'm dropping my current offers for 2011 entry, just to apply to UCL and Nottingham for 2012 entry.
    So regret not applying this year :cool:

Oh yes, the course is Mechanical Engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABaruwal)
    I'm dropping my current offers for 2011 entry, just to apply to UCL and Nottingham for 2012 entry.
    So regret not applying this year :cool:

Oh yes, the course is Mechanical Engineering
    Not to put a downer on your plan or anything, but MechEng is meant to be one of UCL's weak points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Come At Me Bro)
    Not to put a downer on your plan or anything, but MechEng is meant to be one of UCL's weak points.
    Yes, I've heard this. But the main reason for me re-applying is because I underestimated myself this year and applied to not so good unis.
    So, I was just adding UCL to one of my 5 choices along with Nottingham, Bristol, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I hold a conditional offer for the MRes in Systems Biology for 2011 entry. My condition is to provide recent evidence of my command of the English language, I took the IELTS test and got 6.5 overall, but the Faculty of Life Sciences asks for "good level" which means 7.0 overall. I'm just about to take another test this weekend and try to get a higher score but if not, is it possible to get a unconditional offer and take one of the In-sessional English for Academic Purposes courses? I'm so worried because if i don't get 7.0 overall, i won't have enough time to get a CAS number, apply for visa, etc. My sponsor is ready to pay the fee. Any advise?

ReputationRep:
    Hey has anyone heard from the accommodation office lately? I swear we were supposed to get confirmation at the end of July. Its now August.

UCL is my third university and haven't known any to take so long. Glasgow, cancelled my accommodation and relocated me before July last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chancellorofvice)
    Hey has anyone heard from the accommodation office lately? I swear we were supposed to get confirmation at the end of July. Its now August.

UCL is my third university and haven't known any to take so long. Glasgow, cancelled my accommodation and relocated me before July last year.
    You get accommodation offers in August after your university place is confirmed (i.e. after A-level results on the 18th)

ReputationRep:
    BIG QUESTION UCL FIRMERS.
    Does anyone know how are UCL with people who have missed their grades?!
    ****ting myselfffffffffffffffffffffffffff .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almxo)
    BIG QUESTION UCL FIRMERS.
    Does anyone know how are UCL with people who have missed their grades?!
    ****ting myselfffffffffffffffffffffffffff .
    I think it depends on the department tbh. I was told last year that if they had offered you a place, it meant that they really wanted you, so if you only just missed your grades then they would probably take you anyway, but that might not be the case this year, what with competition for places being so high.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JakeBeesley)
    I think it depends on the department tbh. I was told last year that if they had offered you a place, it meant that they really wanted you, so if you only just missed your grades then they would probably take you anyway, but that might not be the case this year, what with competition for places being so high.
    Thanks, well I hope it is the case!!

ReputationRep:
    So, today is the day tutors receive A-level results. Good luck to everyone! MWAHAHAHAAAA!!!

(Apparently, I shouldn't be like that as I'm awaiting thir decision, too :ninja:)

ReputationRep:
    Last year some students received welcome packs from their unis before results day. Any idea if UCl do this?

ReputationRep:
    yay my track just updated and i'm coming to ucl! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Your place at University College London (University of London) (U80) to study Medicine (6 years) (A100) has been confirmed.

:woo::woo:

London here I come
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Why hello there Gower street

ReputationRep:
    woooo.....well done fellow future UCL-ers?!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in to do Psychology!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in for BA Language and Culture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuzu)
    I'm in.
    :woo:

I'm in too.

Gower Street won't know what hit them

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.