Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do we get october holidays at uni? :/

People keep randomly +repping me for some reason. I got some for my Cillian Avatar (blantantly obvious.. because he is hawt) but I don't know what the other ones are for... :/ Just blank. Not that I'm complaining...

ReputationRep:
    hmmm no actually i dont think you do :rolleyes:

but i know that there is only one holiday that we need to empty the room for... im sure!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Edinburgh University Website)
    Question: Do I have to clear my room at Pollock Halls at Christmas and Easter?

Answer: Not at Christmas. Your tenancy agreement includes the Winter Vacation (on a room-only basis) which means you have somewhere to stay when you come back for Edinburgh's Hogmanay Party! However, you will probably have to clear your room during the Spring Break, as most Houses are used for conference and vacation business at that time. Rooms will be available if you wish, or need, to stay on during the Spring Break, but in most cases this will not be the room you have occupied during the semester. Some storage may also be available (at additional cost).
    Date Added: 17 Nov 05
    Just found this on the ed uni website...

ReputationRep:
    Woo. Exams are over AH Computing must have been the most challenging 2.5 hours I have endured for quite some time. Feels rather strange not scrutinising my time-management.

I've been BORED all day and the fact that my car is at the garage - after a crazed elderly woman crashed into the passenger side - doesn't help. Spent an interesting morning completing Battlefield 1942; paranoia has set in after leaving the blinds in the study open - there may well be snipers in the trees out there :ts: ... I then reduced myself to spending 2 hours watching highlights from the House of Lords on BBC Parliament.

Anyway, working tomorrow. Have my prom on Friday night so that should be a highly exiciting affair... can't wait to exhibit my new suit. Does anyone else have post-6th year dinner dances or the like?

ReputationRep:
    Guh Chemistry was hard today. Oh well.

I've just cleared my school crap from my room, 1 1/2 black bin bags and counting.

I start work fulltime tomorrow. *sigh*

I got my hair cut after chemistry today, I don't know if I like it or not. Fringe is too short. *sigh*

Prom on tuesday. Woeii!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the info Carly, and also for the rep...ooh you lovely little thing! So do you think you did alright in your exams the_despoiler? I wish my exams were over, they haven't even started (well apart from one AS one). I wish we had a prom, but I go to this horrible, grotty college for a few hours a week, and that's it! However, when I left school (in 2002!) we did have this leavers thing, but it was NO prom, I mean, we ate fried chicken and chips! We better have proms in Edinburgh :-P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by winterblue)
    So do you think you did alright in your exams the_despoiler?
    Hopefully I did quite well. It's not like I'm depending on my grades, since I already have AAAAB and have accepted my uni course, but I thoroughly enjoyed my sixth year subjects and did rather a bit of work for them - AH Eng, Mod Studs, Comp.

How does everyone else think they performed? Have the English students started their exams yet?

And, please, call me Steven; the_despoiler makes me sound like some twisted demonic overlord.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Despoiler)
    How does everyone else think they performed? Have the English students started their exams yet?
    A2 exams don't start until next week. I think the first ones are next monday, mine don't start until the Monday after on the 12th June though. The only exams we've had so far are AS resits, which are end of May-start of June. They end at the end of June, my last one is the 29th.

And, please, call me Steven; the_despoiler makes me sound like some twisted demonic overlord.
    you mean you're not?? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beanie)
    you mean you're not?? :eek:
    No. Not anymore. In a previous life I conquored worlds and the lives of untold millions fed my blood lust: I was known acorss the star-systems as Aviticus 'The Despoiler of Worlds'. Those who spoke out against me felt the whip upon their backs or had their throats ripped out by my inquisitors.

Indeed - I may have even slain your family and offered them as a sacrifice to the Dark Gods. But no, as I say; those days are over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Despoiler)
    No. Not anymore. In a previous life I conquored worlds and the lives of untold millions fed my blood lust: I was known acorss the star-systems as Aviticus 'The Despoiler of Worlds'. Those who spoke out against me felt the whip upon their backs or had their throats ripped out by my inquisitors.

Indeed - I may have even slain your family and offered them as a sacrifice to the Dark Gods. But no, as I say; those days are over.
    Pity, could have done with a twisted deamonic overlord to slay a few people for me... If I ask you nicely will you return back to your previous life?

Did you write about your former life on your PS? I'm sure Edinburgh would be very, um, interested to know all about you...

ReputationRep:
    Is this a private party or can anyone join? You all seem to know each other. Any advice for an international (kiwi) postgrad starting in Sept 06, especially concerning accommodation??

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahbis)
    Is this a private party or can anyone join? You all seem to know each other. Any advice for an international (kiwi) postgrad starting in Sept 06, especially concerning accommodation??

Cheers.
    try edinburgh.gumtree.com or EUSA's chatroom...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahbis)

Cheers.
    anyone can join, the more the merrier! if you want to become a fully fledged member of the society click on the societies pannel under the bit at the top of the page which says the student room, then find the Edinburgh society and click join we only know each other because we talk on here, nobody has actually met (as far as i know) but we're planning to meet up in September, so you can come too!

what course have you applied to do? where abouts in new zealand are you from? did you know that in NZ there are 3 deaths due to natural disasters on average per year? (i'm currently revising hazards for A2 geography, and NZ is a case study) and you have 20% of the worlds most destructive volcanoes... :eek:

we're all undergraduates, or at least we will be in september... so i don't think any of us will be able to help specifically. have you looked on the edinburgh accommodation services website? i think you're guarentteed accommodation providing you apply before the 31st July, so its just a case of picking which ones you want to be in! here is the guide. Sorry if you already have all of that!

ReputationRep:
    anyone can join, the more the merrier! if you want to become a fully fledged member of the society click on the societies pannel under the bit at the top of the page which says the student room, then find the Edinburgh society and click join we only know each other because we talk on here, nobody has actually met (as far as i know) but we're planning to meet up in September, so you can come too!

what course have you applied to do? where abouts in new zealand are you from? did you know that in NZ there are 3 deaths due to natural disasters on average per year? (i'm currently revising hazards for A2 geography, and NZ is a case study) and you have 20% of the worlds most destructive volcanoes... :eek:

we're all undergraduates, or at least we will be in september... so i don't think any of us will be able to help specifically. have you looked on the edinburgh accommodation services website? i think you're guarentteed accommodation providing you apply before the 31st July, so its just a case of picking which ones you want to be in! here is the guide. Sorry if you already have all of that!
    Hazards - I hope I have revised them...the exam is 13 days away!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukas)
    Hazards - I hope I have revised them...the exam is 13 days away!!!
    ha ha, yeah i know what you mean-

the island of Java, Indonesia is a multiple hazard zone... :cool: what do you know? i think i'm gonna tell everyone random facts all the time, i did that at AS, did everyones head in but I got an A out of it.

no idea when my exam is... 17 days away, i just looked! still time for revision.

ReputationRep:
    ha ha, yeah i know what you mean-

the island of Java, Indonesia is a multiple hazard zone... :cool: what do you know? i think i'm gonna tell everyone random facts all the time, i did that at AS, did everyones head in but I got an A out of it.

no idea when my exam is... 17 days away, i just looked! still time for revision.
    Well...my case studies are:

EQ - the 1989 Loma Prieta EQ, the 1995 Kobe EQ and the 2005 Kashmir EQ
    Volcanoes - the 1991 Mt.Pinatubo eruption
    Mass movements - the 1963 Vaiont Reservoir, the 1999 Caracas mudflow
    Hurricanes - the 1998 Hurricane Mitch, the 2005 Katrina Hurricane

my exam is on the 16th (OCR specification A) - not in 13 days, that's actually Desert+Tourism [45+45 marks]

ReputationRep:
    where abouts in new zealand are you from? I've got family in Auckland and a few years ago we toured christchurch up. It's a really beautiful country and I really loved it.

In other news, am I glad I don't do geography!!!

ReputationRep:
    hehehe its easy to see everyone is revising for exams, the last post was TWO DAYS ago. all the scots must just be living up their new school free life

ReputationRep:
    Tell me about it, however all I do is work work.

Oh help help crisis abut my prom stuff.

What colour of eye shadow? I have a red dress but don't want red eyeshadow to avoid the zombie look. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Hey.

(Original post by hello_its_me_)
    hehehe its easy to see everyone is revising for exams, the last post was TWO DAYS ago. all the scots must just be living up their new school free life

Gah still one exam to go - Higher Sociology *grumble* (9th June)

Yeah, don't try red eyeshadow. I did once. I think it depends on your eye colour on what type of eyeshadow you get.

Maybe browns, greys, greens, purples?

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.