Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was going to make a family guy soc, but i just realised there already is one so i want in

My favourite moment in family guy is the one in my sig, absolutely hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElvisAint-Dead)
    I was going to make a family guy soc, but i just realised there already is one so i want in

My favourite moment in family guy is the one in my sig, absolutely hilarious
    That's my favourite part too!

I want to join!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the next episode is released?

ReputationRep:
    Some of the jokes on Family Guy just go right over my head..

Do i need to be American to understand some of them or something?!

ReputationRep:
    I want to join!!

I luuurve Family Guy and Stewie.

ReputationRep:
    YAY I just got Series 7 on DVD as a late Christmas present from my Uncle, have 1-7 now

ReputationRep:
    My fav episode has to be the one where Peter goes to the pool and licks his nipple

******* funny!

All of them are .. the new season has been disappointing so far though.

ReputationRep:
    Ocean's Three and a Half had me in stitches. The Christian Bale part made me laugh so much and so did "Keith" haha, and I loved Stewie's video. In my opinion it was the best episode of the season so far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vexed)
    Ocean's Three and a Half had me in stitches. The Christian Bale part made me laugh so much and so did "Keith" haha, and I loved Stewie's video. In my opinion it was the best episode of the season so far.
    Omg yes the Christian Bale bit is absolutely hilarious!
    "DO YOU WANT ME TO RIP DOWN YOUR LIGHTS? DO YA WANT ME TO RIP DOWN YOUR F***ING LIGHTS??"
    "Those are christmas lights, I put them up to make everyone happy"

"I dont get it"
    "WHAT DONT YOU GET?"
    "I dont get why we need another terminator movie"

I really like this season so far, and I think some jokes are American and go over peoples head (including mine)....but I watch it with my friend whos American and she doesn't get some stuff either :s

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on?
    Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there?
    Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there?
    Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh?
    Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome?
    Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh?
    Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative?
    Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends?
    At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah?
    No, no, you deserve some time off.

ReputationRep:
    New series is awful. They should just stop now. The storylines are boring and they are desperate.
    First 5 episodes of the new series were good but it has ALL gone downhill from there. Repeptitive jokes over and over again. One of the more recent episodes did make me laugh though. It isn't consistent enough for me.

(Original post by Mr.Flibble)
    New series is awful. They should just stop now. The storylines are boring and they are desperate.
    First 5 episodes of the new series were good but it has ALL gone downhill from there. Repeptitive jokes over and over again. One of the more recent episodes did make me laugh though. It isn't consistent enough for me.
    they get better, trust me
    i've followed the american transmissions and we're quite a number of episodes in front
    there are some very very good ones and some not so good
    overall the series is not better than the past series
    stick with it though! it does get better

ReputationRep:
    No, I am watching it on america time as well.
    Episode 15 was the last one.
    the series has been a major disappointment. Compared to South Park, which each series gets better and better.

the series has been a major disappointment. Compared to South Park, which each series gets better and better.
    south park is crap!
    i think the series wasn't a disappointment but it wasn't better than the previous series
    there were a few episodes which i didn't like, but not a lot

ReputationRep:
    It is a matter of opinion. But don't you find that once you have seen one series of family guy, you have seen them all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neomilan)
    How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on?
    Huh? Gotta a big, uh, big stack of papers there?
    Gotta, gotta nice litte story you're working on there?
    Your big novel you've been working on for 3 years? Huh?
    Gotta, gotta compelling protaganist? Yeah? Gotta obstacle for him to overcome?
    Huh? Gotta story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh?
    Yea, talking about that 3 years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative?
    Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends?
    At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah?
    No, no, you deserve some time off.
    I'm hearing Stewie in my head as I'm reading that! :rofl:
    Love Stewie!

Sign me up! :angel:

ReputationRep:
    I have to say I agree, I really really love family guy but the last episode I saw (the one where they re-enact movies such as Misery and The Shawshank Redemption) was awful. I hope it picks up. The first episodes of this series was actually really funny and good but the last 2 have been a disappointment.

ReputationRep:
    I love watching family guy.=D
    I wanna join.

ReputationRep:
    I can't get enough of Stewie and Brian, may I join?

I've only just realised how much more..colourful the show is on DVD!

ReputationRep:
    I used to really like Family guy, but recently I am finding myself more disgusted than amused with some of their episodes.

They seem to be going more for shock humour and It's just not funny in my opinion, for example:

The episode when Peter murders a cat and then holds up it's limb:

Or the episode when Brian cuts a dog in half with his car and drags the blood soaked body across the garden and buries it.

I really am getting very disappointed and even angry with the writers nowadays, and I think they either need to get back to the kind of humour they had in the first series (1-3/4), or just let the programme die.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.