Singapore Kopitiam Watch

feanor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nutter)
Incidentally, I have a good friend who was given an offer for Law at Oxford (Girton, I believe, but can't be too sure), but was unfortunately asked to reapply the following year because they refused to defer offers for 2 years. He reapplied the following year (directly to the same college), and was rejected. The importance of applying directly to colleges that allow 2-year deferments due to NS cannot be over-emphasised - do your research!
Eh, ur asking me to research?? :confused:
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Nutter)
I knew that one was coming. You're so predictable.

P.S. Don't bother using flagrant words for the sake of it; it doesn't make you look cool. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
The final low blow? Meh, not like that was unpredictable. I speak better than you? Sue me.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by acezhiquan)
Hi..

*Looks at the above* haha.. does this happen often?.. lol

Hm. was just wondering.. if you go overseas to do medicine.. do you have a bond with that country, as in if you do med in U.K, do you have a mandatory period with the National healthcare group or something?
I've heard nothing of that sort. Your education in the UK isn't subsidised by the government in any way AFAIK.
feanor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hi..

Hm. was just wondering.. if you go overseas to do medicine.. do you have a bond with that country, as in if you do med in U.K, do you have a mandatory period with the National healthcare group or something?
I cannot verify either way, but I should think not. The way I've seen it, so far, is that UK univs takes foreign students with the primary purpose of financial resources while Singapore does it for increasing their human resources (hence, the bonds etc).
soonalvin
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyway, for everybody's info, Girton is NOT at Oxford. Girton is a Cambridge college so far away from the Great St. Mary's Church that it can be considered London. :p:
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by feanor_telamon)
Eh, ur asking me to research?? :confused:
He's asking zhiquan to do it.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by soonalvin)
Girton is a Cambridge college so far away from the Great St. Mary's Church that it can be considered London. :p:
:toofunny:
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by soonalvin)
Anyway, for everybody's info, Girton is NOT at Oxford. Girton is a Cambridge college so far away from the Great St. Mary's Church that it can be considered London. :p:
Knew there was something amiss there! Well, not like it matters much anyway.
life_rockz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago

All the time, luv.

Are we done with nstalk/medtalk/nonkopitiam-ishtalk in general then? Is it safe to move back into the fray? :p:
feanor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by life_rockz)
All the time, luv.

Are we done with nstalk/medtalk/nonkopitiam-ishtalk in general then? Is it safe to move back into the fray?
Lol.. so, what's up with you?

Anyone seen Pirates 2 yet?
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Lol.. so, what's up with you?

Anyone seen Pirates 2 yet?
;no;

I saw 'Thank You For Smoking' though. Great movie!

Plan to catch 'The Road To Guantanamo' too. Anyone seen that? =]
feanor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Knogle)
;no;

I saw 'Thank You For Smoking' though. Great movie!

Plan to catch 'The Road To Guantanamo' too. Anyone seen that? =]
No, neither of the two...

Haven't seen many movies lately, only Superman Returns, in the last 3-4 months. Pathetic movie that one, if you ask me. I've been watching loads of South Park though. Season 10 rocks!
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Haha, i haven't watched Superman Returns myself. Heard it wasn't especially spectacular or anything of that sort.

Any of you keeping up with Singapore Idol?
feanor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I detest Idol in all forms.

And Superman Returns is a big disappointment, considering how good Batman Begins was, last year.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
No, I detest Idol in all forms.

And Superman Returns is a big disappointment, considering how good Batman Begins was, last year.
Are you serious? You should watch it! I've been very skeptical about Idol, but I was quite pleasantly surprised when I watched last week's show. Nothing like American Idol, but that's only to be expected.

I'm going to stay away from being one of those fanatics desperate to walk in the shadows and kiss the ground their Idols have walked on, though.
feanor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hmm.. will be hard to get hold of Singapore Idol, considering I'm in Mumbai now. But I SHALL NEVER watch Indian Idol!

Even Rockstar Supernova isn't really as nice as I thought it would be.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In Mumbai? What are ya doing there? Hopefully not because of the train blasts....?
feanor
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Eh... I live here. When I'm not studying in Singapore, that is.

No, I usually don't use the trains much. But there was one not very far from my place.
life_rockz
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wanna watch pirates!

Me? I'm still high from the council costume party we had on sat. Bwaha.

Do you know july's almost over? That was fast. And then it'll be august. And then sept. And then..

Ok. that's quite scary.
Nutter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by life_rockz)
Do you know july's almost over? That was fast. And then it'll be august. And then sept. And then..
October?

:vroam:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (54)
34.84%
I really love the subject (42)
27.1%
I don't know what else to do (20)
12.9%
I can't get a job (11)
7.1%
My parents want me to (4)
2.58%