Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    Incidentally, I have a good friend who was given an offer for Law at Oxford (Girton, I believe, but can't be too sure), but was unfortunately asked to reapply the following year because they refused to defer offers for 2 years. He reapplied the following year (directly to the same college), and was rejected. The importance of applying directly to colleges that allow 2-year deferments due to NS cannot be over-emphasised - do your research!
    Eh, ur asking me to research?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nutter)
    I knew that one was coming. You're so predictable.

P.S. Don't bother using flagrant words for the sake of it; it doesn't make you look cool. :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    The final low blow? Meh, not like that was unpredictable. I speak better than you? Sue me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acezhiquan)
    Hi..

*Looks at the above* haha.. does this happen often?.. lol

Hm. was just wondering.. if you go overseas to do medicine.. do you have a bond with that country, as in if you do med in U.K, do you have a mandatory period with the National healthcare group or something?
    I've heard nothing of that sort. Your education in the UK isn't subsidised by the government in any way AFAIK.

ReputationRep:
    Hi..

Hm. was just wondering.. if you go overseas to do medicine.. do you have a bond with that country, as in if you do med in U.K, do you have a mandatory period with the National healthcare group or something?
    I cannot verify either way, but I should think not. The way I've seen it, so far, is that UK univs takes foreign students with the primary purpose of financial resources while Singapore does it for increasing their human resources (hence, the bonds etc).

ReputationRep:
    Anyway, for everybody's info, Girton is NOT at Oxford. Girton is a Cambridge college so far away from the Great St. Mary's Church that it can be considered London. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feanor_telamon)
    Eh, ur asking me to research?? :confused:
    He's asking zhiquan to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soonalvin)
    Girton is a Cambridge college so far away from the Great St. Mary's Church that it can be considered London. :p:
    :toofunny:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soonalvin)
    Anyway, for everybody's info, Girton is NOT at Oxford. Girton is a Cambridge college so far away from the Great St. Mary's Church that it can be considered London. :p:
    Knew there was something amiss there! Well, not like it matters much anyway.

ReputationRep:

All the time, luv.

Are we done with nstalk/medtalk/nonkopitiam-ishtalk in general then? Is it safe to move back into the fray? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    All the time, luv.

Are we done with nstalk/medtalk/nonkopitiam-ishtalk in general then? Is it safe to move back into the fray?
    Lol.. so, what's up with you?

Anyone seen Pirates 2 yet?

ReputationRep:
    Lol.. so, what's up with you?

Anyone seen Pirates 2 yet?
    ;no;

I saw 'Thank You For Smoking' though. Great movie!

Plan to catch 'The Road To Guantanamo' too. Anyone seen that? =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    ;no;

I saw 'Thank You For Smoking' though. Great movie!

Plan to catch 'The Road To Guantanamo' too. Anyone seen that? =]
    No, neither of the two...

Haven't seen many movies lately, only Superman Returns, in the last 3-4 months. Pathetic movie that one, if you ask me. I've been watching loads of South Park though. Season 10 rocks!

ReputationRep:
    Haha, i haven't watched Superman Returns myself. Heard it wasn't especially spectacular or anything of that sort.

Any of you keeping up with Singapore Idol?

ReputationRep:
    No, I detest Idol in all forms.

And Superman Returns is a big disappointment, considering how good Batman Begins was, last year.

ReputationRep:
    No, I detest Idol in all forms.

And Superman Returns is a big disappointment, considering how good Batman Begins was, last year.
    Are you serious? You should watch it! I've been very skeptical about Idol, but I was quite pleasantly surprised when I watched last week's show. Nothing like American Idol, but that's only to be expected.

I'm going to stay away from being one of those fanatics desperate to walk in the shadows and kiss the ground their Idols have walked on, though.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. will be hard to get hold of Singapore Idol, considering I'm in Mumbai now. But I SHALL NEVER watch Indian Idol!

Even Rockstar Supernova isn't really as nice as I thought it would be.

ReputationRep:
    In Mumbai? What are ya doing there? Hopefully not because of the train blasts....?

ReputationRep:
    Eh... I live here. When I'm not studying in Singapore, that is.

No, I usually don't use the trains much. But there was one not very far from my place.

ReputationRep:
    I wanna watch pirates!

Me? I'm still high from the council costume party we had on sat. Bwaha.

Do you know july's almost over? That was fast. And then it'll be august. And then sept. And then..

Ok. that's quite scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by life_rockz)
    Do you know july's almost over? That was fast. And then it'll be august. And then sept. And then..
    October?

:vroam:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
US study forum

Accommodation profiles:

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation - voted by 22,000 students.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.