Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    Since when did pro-gaddifi hooligans became experts on syrian affairs? Have you ever been to syria? I doubt... Have you any knowledge about syria apart from your brainwashed comments? I doubt...

Bashar is nothing like Gaddafi....

Gaddafi is an angel compared to Assad, he was fighting for his own cause his own green book, he had some democracy going on but not to the extent people wanted, even then He got his fair share which should be a lesson for every tyrant and oppressor!

I just wish the syrians learn from the libyans that this is not how you deal with mass killers and oppressors...they get a different kind of treatment.

Your not worth holding a discussion with if you blatantly support a mass killer.

Today alone...60 kids were killed in a massacre by Bashar al-assad. The youngest was a 2 week old baby. His mother died under the rubble

You dont need no BBC to tell you that killing kids is a criminal act no matter what religion they are or what race they belong to or what a 2 week year old baby's ideology is:rolleyes:?

FYI: I hardly go on BBC...never mind read the news on their website....

May they rest in peace!
    actually my auntie went their and told me how their people loved their president; were is your evidence for you silly claims, how'd u know it was bashar...were u their... lol what ever you just said I can backfire it back to you so stfu

ReputationRep:
    May Allah grant the Mujahideen in Syria victory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al-mudaari)
    may allah grant the mujahideen in syria victory.
    death to fsa ibn yahood kelbs! Alnusra= terrorists=fsa, fsa= ****** swine army, long live bashar! Stop supporting terrorists who are killing the alawi and chrisitan minorities .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al-mudaari)
    may allah grant the mujahideen in syria victory.
    may allah send these swine to hell; may allah grant the syrian army victory.

ReputationRep:
    THE BRAVE SYRIAN ARMY 'CELEBRATE' AFTER DEFEATING FSA/ ALNUSRA ALQUIDA SWINE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJM9UfZj2oU

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by g4adaffi)
    THE BRAVE SYRIAN ARMY 'CELEBRATE' AFTER DEFEATING FSA/ ALNUSRA ALQUIDA SWINE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJM9UfZj2oU
    "Brave!" oh yeah you're definitely on drugs! They're "celebrating" because they made this country the most dangerous place in the world!

ReputationRep:
    PYD kurdish group has announced their liberty in the northern syria. as I said above syria will be divided into 5 parts as israel desire. somebody says that assad is alawi and he oppresses the sunni muslims but ramadan el-buti was a sunni scholar who killed by the FSA. and also there are many ministers in assad's government who are sunnis. the reason of why assad is having this trouble is assad was supporting hezbollah, hamas and iran which are troublemakers of israel...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Syrian Guy)
    "Brave!" oh yeah you're definitely on drugs! They're "celebrating" because they made this country the most dangerous place in the world!
    wrong my deluded friend; did it become dangerous before or after the FSA PIGS started to cause trouble? what would any army in the world do if their country was infested by mercenaries? sit back? I don't think so; its called defence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yigit58)
    PYD kurdish group has announced their liberty in the northern syria. as I said above syria will be divided into 5 parts as israel desire. somebody says that assad is alawi and he oppresses the sunni muslims but ramadan el-buti was a sunni scholar who killed by the FSA. and also there are many ministers in assad's government who are sunnis. the reason of why assad is having this trouble is assad was supporting hezbollah, hamas and iran which are troublemakers of israel...
    exactly; some people don't understand

ReputationRep:
    regarding gaddafi, he was really anti-imperialist president. we turks never forget his help during the cyprus operation which held in 1974. also I will never forget that he threw the book at the meeting of the UN.

ReputationRep:

wrong my deluded friend; did it become dangerous before or after the FSA PIGS started to cause trouble? what would any army in the world do if their country was infested by mercenaries? sit back? I don't think so; its called defence.
    Ruddy hell! Is killing innocent children and women called "defense"? Like I said before, who is the oppressor and who is the oppressed? Let me remind you that Assad soldiers started shooting at people in the beginning of the revolution in the time FSA wasn't formed yet!

As you know, the formation of FSA began in 29-July-2011 and the a/m videos date back to April 2011 where people took to the streets unarmed just chanting one thing: "The people want to topple the regime."

The problem is you don't live in Syria which makes you ignorant of what's happening on the ground while I still live there and know lots of things that the media don't tell you about because they're, just like you, biased towards (in favour of) Assad which makes me wonder what's the quid pro qua for defending a leader killing his own people!

ReputationRep:
    As you know, the formation of FSA began in 29-July-2011 and the a/m videos date back to April 2011 where people took to the streets unarmed just chanting one thing: "The people want to topple the regime."
    We don't know whether it was unarmed people being shot, because we don't have access to all the information. A video only really gives us a snapshot, like looking through a keyhole. It's very easy for a video to be misleading without access to other information.

With the greatest of respect, I think you are just taking a video which shows a confrontation, and letting your mind fill in the blanks, letting your mind fill in what you want to see. All we know is that people have been shot at - Maybe it was justified and maybe it wasn't, but we simply don't know.

For example, what if a person who was shot had made a threat to murder civilians moments previously, and a soldier had to kill him to save lives? To the outside world watching that video, it would seem like a cruel unprovoked murder, but would actually be a soldier protecting people from harm. This is how you cannot make assumptions based on video footage, because without context they can very easily mislead people.

The problem is you don't live in Syria which makes you ignorant of what's happening on the ground while I still live there and know lots of things that the media don't tell you about because they're, just like you, biased towards (in favour of) Assad which makes me wonder what's the quid pro qua for defending a leader killing his own people!
    So Assad is a tyrannical monster who keeps a watchful eye on the population but he lets you sign into TSR from Syria each day to expose his "crimes"?

All this talk about "killing his own people" - Are terrorists "our own people", or do they deserve to be fought and killed? One mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorists - Were the British military "killing their own people" when they attacked IRA rebels?

Syrian Guy, if you think Assad is tackling terrorism in Syria the wrong way, perhaps you could say what you would do - You have extremists in your country, suicide bombing your capital, murdering your service personnel and uploading sickening videos of their body parts being paraded on Youtube, they declare that they will find you and execute you and they kill civilians on a daily basis - Would you just stand down and let these people take charge of your country, or would you send in the army to deal with them? And if you sent in the army and other people accused you of "murdering your own people", what would your response to them be?

My opinion is that while these extremists might technically be Syrian and therefore Assad's "own people", they are not some civilians that he has randomly decided to kill. They are terrorists who have the sole objective of taking over Syria by force and murdering anyone who disagrees with them. The laws of warfare make it clear that these people are legitimate targets for Assad to attack, so don't try twisting things to make it seem like he's attacking random people. He's only targeting violent extremists, and you know it but you haven't got the balls to admit it.

You seem so hysterical at times and so virulently anti-assad that I think the only logical explanation is that you are being paid by someone to post this propaganda. If this is the case I suspect you are unlikely to answer my question, in which case I await the return to "But assad is killing his own people, see here's a grainy video of someone shooting someone else which proves it all!" hysterics.

ReputationRep:
    We don't know whether it was unarmed people being shot, because we don't have access to all the information. A video only really gives us a snapshot, like looking through a keyhole. It's very easy for a video to be misleading without access to other information.

With the greatest of respect, I think you are just taking a video which shows a confrontation, and letting your mind fill in the blanks, letting your mind fill in what you want to see. All we know is that people have been shot at - Maybe it was justified and maybe it wasn't, but we simply don't know.
    See this is what the Syrian regime wanted. They crippled your mind, I mean they made you don't know what's happening on the ground and that's why they placed strict restrictions on international journalists entering Syria. I rest my case

For example, what if a person who was shot had made a threat to murder civilians moments previously, and a soldier had to kill him to save lives? To the outside world watching that video, it would seem like a cruel unprovoked murder, but would actually be a soldier protecting people from harm. This is how you cannot make assumptions based on video footage, because without context they can very easily mislead people.
    I suggest you read Human Rights Watch's recent report.

So Assad is a tyrannical monster who keeps a watchful eye on the population but he lets you sign into TSR from Syria each day to expose his "crimes"?
    Hahaha If you don't believe me, then this is your problem. You can PM any mod and ask them about my IP which is usually from Ireland and US. If you were an activist in Syria, you would start using SSH or VPN to encrypt the data you're sending. Otherwise you will be rotten in Assad prisons.

Syrian Guy, if you think Assad is tackling terrorism in Syria the wrong way, perhaps you could say what you would do - You have extremists in your country, suicide bombing your capital, murdering your service personnel and uploading sickening videos of their body parts being paraded on Youtube, they declare that they will find you and execute you and they kill civilians on a daily basis - Would you just stand down and let these people take charge of your country, or would you send in the army to deal with them? And if you sent in the army and other people accused you of "murdering your own people", what would your response to them be?
    For God's sake since when children and women become terrorists!!

My opinion is that while these extremists might technically be Syrian and therefore Assad's "own people", they are not some civilians that he has randomly decided to kill. They are terrorists who have the sole objective of taking over Syria by force and murdering anyone who disagrees with them. The laws of warfare make it clear that these people are legitimate targets for Assad to attack, so don't try twisting things to make it seem like he's attacking random people. He's only targeting violent extremists, and you know it but you haven't got the balls to admit it.
    YES I believe you. He is not attacking random people, he is only attacking those terrorists and those extremists and those too.

You seem so hysterical at times and so virulently anti-assad that I think the only logical explanation is that you are being paid by someone to post this propaganda. If this is the case I suspect you are unlikely to answer my question, in which case I await the return to "But assad is killing his own people, see here's a grainy video of someone shooting someone else which proves it all!" hysterics.
    Well, that's the pot calling the kettle black. I mean look who's talking! You're the the person who is defending that children killer! hahaha you're so funny.

Regarding your question, yes assad is killing his own people and I stick to it. Here's a vid of FRONTLINE filmmaker Olly Lambert witnessing two Syrian government air strikes in Syria.

ReputationRep:
    Ruddy hell! Is killing innocent children and women called "defense"? Like I said before, who is the oppressor and who is the oppressed? Let me remind you that Assad soldiers started shooting at people in the beginning of the revolution in the time FSA wasn't formed yet!

stop promoting your propaganda u AL-Qaida supporter; its funny the only posts you have made are on this thread! Bashar-Al-Assad and the army will win, they are battling terrorists not civilians; it was al-Qaida who were firing at the protesters not the army!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yigit58)
    regarding gaddafi, he was really anti-imperialist president. we turks never forget his help during the cyprus operation which held in 1974. also I will never forget that he threw the book at the meeting of the UN.
    gadaffi was a great man, don't belive the media lies; what he did for his people no other government would dream of doing it!

ReputationRep:
    See this is what the Syrian regime wanted. They crippled your mind, I mean they made you don't know what's happening on the ground and that's why they placed strict restrictions on international journalists entering Syria. I rest my case

I suggest you read Human Rights Watch's recent report.

Hahaha If you don't believe me, then this is your problem. You can PM any mod and ask them about my IP which is usually from Ireland and US. If you were an activist in Syria, you would start using SSH or VPN to encrypt the data you're sending. Otherwise you will be rotten in Assad prisons.

For God's sake since when children and women become terrorists!!

YES I believe you. He is not attacking random people, he is only attacking those terrorists and those extremists and those too.

Well, that's the pot calling the kettle black. I mean look who's talking! You're the the person who is defending that children killer! hahaha you're so funny.

Regarding your question, yes assad is killing his own people and I stick to it. Here's a vid of FRONTLINE filmmaker Olly Lambert witnessing two Syrian government air strikes in Syria.
    he is killing terrorists not his people; the fsa terrorists are the ones who are killing the civilians! most of Syria support the president (55%)

ReputationRep:
    stop promoting your propaganda u AL-Qaida supporter; its funny the only posts you have made are on this thread! Bashar-Al-Assad and the army will win, they are battling terrorists not civilians; it was al-Qaida who were firing at the protesters not the army!
    It's too pie in the sky for me.

ReputationRep:
    he is killing terrorists not his people; the fsa terrorists are the ones who are killing the civilians! most of Syria support the president (55%)
    I am sick and tired of you defending Assad and and the upshot will be the same, so I've got one thing to say to you: Assad will kick the bucket just like Qaddafi did. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    I am sick and tired of you defending Assad and and the upshot will be the same, so I've got one thing to say to you: Assad will kick the bucket just like Qaddafi did. End of story.
    I'm not comfortable with the idea of terrorists getting an amnesty, I believe that terrorists should always stand trial and answer for whatever atrocities they commit.

I have no problem with people saying that they oppose Assad. No politician will be liked by everyone. But the rebels really crossed a line when the started taking up arms and murdering civilians who didn't agree with them. Whether you like it or not, that IS the definition of terrorism. And my personal belief is that terrorists only understand one language - Force. It's a nice idea that if you sit down and engage in dialogue with people, they will see the error of their ways, but the FSA believe in executing unarmed mothers and children who don't agree with them, so how much success do you think you'll have trying to persuade them to stop their atrocities?

You know my opinion of you Syrian Guy, you act so hysterically and spout such clear and obvious propaganda that I reckon you're a paid anti-assad shill. So I'm not going to waste my time trying to educate you on why terrorism is bad. You clearly believe that the end justifies the means for all the atrocities the FSA have committed. I'm not going to hide the fact that you disturb me, but I guess everyone is allowed an opinion, no matter how disgusting it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zabaar)
    Does anyone know of any good twitter or facebook accounts which I can follow/like to get updates on Syria (from both viewpoints if possible)? Thanks

(Original post by Ama2007)
    solidarity for a free syria (FB)
    More bull**** "solidarity for a free syria" (*waves a Khilafah flag*).

The funny thing is the general of the SAA army is Druze. No equality in Sunni Shari'ah just a series of beheadings, stonings and rapings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.