Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Got a friend who wasn't man enough to stay up and watch it last night, anyone know where he can watch it all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilt)
    Got a friend who wasn't man enough to stay up and watch it last night, anyone know where he can watch it all?
    Torrent it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cll_ws)
    Last night was the first time that i've watched any wrestling in a long time. It's changed quite a bit. I felt a bit like that old guy from the Shawshank Redemption after he was released from prison.

I didn't like discovering that since i'd last watched it, not only had Paul Bearer left wrestling, but had died! Bloody hell. Announcers tables are seemingly more sturdy, and 'finishing moves' no longer finish them. And is it not cool for wrestlers to have long hair anymore?

What it needed I think was a TLC triple-threat tag team match, The Hardy Boyz v The Dudley Boyz v Edge & Christian. Wrestlemania 17 :eek3: That was always one of my favourite matches when I was younger, I was a big Hardy Boyz fan!

This was an Epic match, along with the one at WM X-Seven

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bilkos_Ices)
    Torrent it.
    Thanks but I just found it all in HD in 12 parts on Daily Motion. Chuffed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quilt)
    Thanks but I just found it all in HD in 12 parts on Daily Motion. Chuffed!
    No, illegal.

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Well that was disappointing

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing (arguably) about last night is that Vince has an excuse for explaining away how everyone (the crowd, the commentators) didn't care about Rock/Cena. "They were just put off-guard because we had to rush it at the end and send them straight out. They'll get it right next time! Yes, NEXT TIME!"

I hope at the least the third match (if there is one) will have a stipulation just to make things interesting. A proper stipulation too, like Hell in a Cell or TLC, not a no-DQ match which seems to have a thousand different names now.

Insert creepy 'The Chaperone' photoshop cover of Triple H here.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't expecting WWE to actually go with the completely predictable outcomes... Thought we'd see at least one swerve which is why I kind of thought Brock might win

and how boring was Triple vs Brock? Snoozefest for the first 20 minutes

Ryback losing again lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moomino)
    I wasn't expecting WWE to actually go with the completely predictable outcomes... Thought we'd see at least one swerve which is why I kind of thought Brock might win

and how boring was Triple vs Brock? Snoozefest for the first 20 minutes

Ryback losing again lol
    Notice how faces won all the important matches last night ?
    The two important wins for the heels were Henry's and of course, The Shield's. Fandango's win over Jericho doesn't mean all that much in my opinion, at least not until we see where he goes with it. This is something worth noting, because I think this is the underlying reason for a lot of people's *****ing, considering heels are generally more liked online than the faces.

Next Wrestlemania : Fandango VS Undertaker.
    Fandango will win with a rollup pin

ReputationRep:
    I've catched up with Rock/Cena and and I didn't think it was too bad. Only time the match got boring was when they slowed it down, once they upped the tempo - it was nothing mind-blowing but entertaining for me. The finisher and reversal endings wasn't all too bad, drew the crowd in a tad but better than last year.

Punk-Taker match of the night though, only match it seems crowd really invested in. Mistake made to put Punk-Taker/HHH-Lesnar/Rock-Cena one after the other, needed a filler in between the last two matches.

Kinda like HHH-Y2J at WM18 when Rock/Hogan had exhausted the crowd out but still regardless of match placements, the storylines were all predictable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCanis)
    That's some pretty dire logic right there.

You're basically saying that unless someone purchases a service they're not entitled to comment on it or criticise it. Naturally you apply this rationale to everything in life you do? So you don't comment on news stories in newspapers you didn't buy? Or you don't have an opinion on music which you don't personally own? I didn't buy it because I knew it would be dire and predictable and I was proved right.

Now back under your bridge please.
    Ok fair enough you do have good point in that context but still you criticise the show mainly because the results didn't go the way you wanted it. You can't deny how extravagant the match quality was in the majority of matches. But still you continue to bash the WM product and the effort that was put into it, the only minor critique that should be applied is the pdiddy musical performance. But that's basically it, it was generally a well-worked show, not the best and not sensational but it was adequately enough to entertain millions of people globally.

Everyone who was doubting Wrestlemania is looking pretty stupid right now! Weakest match left off the card, a nice Shield win (#BelieveInTheShield), sure there was no Orton heel turn but that may come in due time. We also had 3 absolutely outstanding matches in Punk/Taker, HHH/Lesnar and Rock/Cena.

I don't care what anyone says, Rock/Cena could quite possibly have been the show stealer. But it's close within all three matches. Don't take anything away from either man, good chemistry, quality bout!

Taker vs Punk didn't reach the heights of HBK/Taker, but that's expected if I'm honest. Still, it delivered in every way it could have, although I would have liked Taker kicking out of a GTS at some point. The fans went ecstatic when it concluded, a mammoth of a pop.

Lesnar vs HHH was an amazing brawl. Back and forth and we saw a Sweet Chin Music! Can't deny that it was entertaining from beginning to end.

For a Wrestlemania that was tipped to suck, it showed all the critics (including you) one thing: Never doubt WWE's power to put on a show,
    because they did last night.

Yet, still you aren't impressed? Really? Is there a logical rationale behind your
    dissatisfaction. Like you always look for these little minor things to complain online. How pedantic can you get? In fact, you personify the typical IWC member who constantly whines over wrestling

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.Nalbandian14)

For a Wrestlemania that was tipped to suck, it showed all the critics (including you) one thing: Never doubt WWE's power to put on a show,
    I've seen minimal highlights but the overwhelming view on here seems to be that it did suck. Majorly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    That was a nutty match.

I stopped watching around the time wrestlers like Edge and Rey Mysterio start winning World Titles though.
    What's wrong with Edge and Mysterio being world champions :lolwut:

They were both strong in-ring performers, had been in the business for a very long time and earned their shot. Edge was also great on the mic tbf, a great all rounder.

ReputationRep:
    The atmosphere was awful! It hasn't been that bad since Wrestlemania XX

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colbert)

They were both strong in-ring performers, had been in the business for a very long time and earned their shot. Edge was also great on the mic tbf, a great all rounder.
    I never really like Mysterio as champion. Obviously it was brilliant from a business standpoint since he's very popular with the kids. As you say though, he has worked very hard over the last two decades, so it's difficult to have too much of a go.

Edge, on the other hand, was a great champion and carried Smackdown almost on his own after Eddie and JBL.

ReputationRep:
    Notice how faces won all the important matches last night ?
    The two important wins for the heels were Henry's and of course, The Shield's. Fandango's win over Jericho doesn't mean all that much in my opinion, at least not until we see where he goes with it. This is something worth noting, because I think this is the underlying reason for a lot of people's *****ing, considering heels are generally more liked online than the faces.

Next Wrestlemania : Fandango VS Undertaker.
    Fandango will win with a rollup pin
    I think the main reason for the *****ing is the fact it's all too predictable right now, and the build up to the majority of the fights were last minute and meaningless/boring

Also lack of stipulations

About 40 - 45 minutes of commercials/video packages

Having to put up with that terrible Diddy set

etc

ReputationRep:

Never liked Mysterio, too gimmicky.

And with Edge I just grew up watching him in the The Brood and then with him and Christian. Could just never take him seriously really on his own and fighting for the World Championship.

I was slowly losing interest around this time anyway as Goldberg had left (his last match with Lesnar was such a disappoiintment) and he was pretty much the last guy I sort of supported.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Never liked Mysterio, too gimmicky.

And with Edge I just grew up watching him in the The Brood and then with him and Christian. Could just never take him seriously really on his own and fighting for the World Championship.

I was slowly losing interest around this time anyway as Goldberg had left (his last match with Lesnar was such a disappoiintment) and he was pretty much the last guy I sort of supported.
    I was actually just typing a reply to MagicRat about Mysterio being too gimmicky :five::teeth: Never really got behind him but didn't have a problem with him I suppose, seemed like a reasonable choice.

I guess Edge's problem was that he was the big star on his show and had noone at his level. But had he not retired he'd still be in the title picture and maybe by now considered an all time great with multiple more title runs. But just browsing through his Wiki now he did have a surprisingly great history even from early on, completely forgot as early as 2001 he won King of the Ring when really he was still considered a tag team guy.

ReputationRep:
    I was actually just typing a reply to MagicRat about Mysterio being too gimmicky :five::teeth: Never really got behind him but didn't have a problem with him I suppose, seemed like a reasonable choice.

I guess Edge's problem was that he was the big star on his show and had noone at his level. But had he not retired he'd still be in the title picture and maybe by now considered an all time great with multiple more title runs. But just browsing through his Wiki now he did have a surprisingly great history even from early on, completely forgot as early as 2001 he won King of the Ring when really he was still considered a tag team guy.
    Yeah I agree. I didn't hate Mysterio, he was fun too watch, I just couldn't get behind him like you.

Tbh I can't have too much of a go as I didn't really watch Edge being World Champion for a very long time at all so I'm probably not in the best position to judge.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.