Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

ReputationRep:
    Thought I'd say hi? None drinker, going to Leeds! A little nervous as apparently Leeds is really good for nightlife, and nightlife means drinking... I'm scared I won't be able to make any friends. Ah well. :3

ReputationRep:
    Never drank alcohol, never intend to. It's all about the milk. If someone tells me to down cartons of milk i'm up for it hell yeah. Get drunk on milk. :banana2:

ReputationRep:
    Nice thread! I don't know why ppl find the need to show off about being drunk... I find it really embarrassing :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried about making friends too Considering I don't really like to go out much either, I think its going to be hard for me to relate to people

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To be honest i hate being around people, i'm severely introverted but i'm going to try and change that at university, fresh start and all. No drinking whatsoever though ;shudder; Plus, i'll inevitably have to anyway, living with people and all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruffiio)
    To be honest i hate being around people, i'm severely introverted but i'm going to try and change that at university, fresh start and all. No drinking whatsoever though ;shudder; Plus, i'll inevitably have to anyway, living with people and all.
    Well you shouldn't have to change that if you don't particularly enjoy hanging out with other people, why do you want to change this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    Well you shouldn't have to change that if you don't particularly enjoy hanging out with other people, why do you want to change this?

Well prior to turning 18 I have never once been bothered about making friends or relationships because most people are really immature under that age but i'm (hoping) that going to university will change that and there will be much more mature people around that i feel comfortable around. Like, i enjoy talking about politics, current affairs, languages and such but most young people don't like that and only care for football and video games. I'll meet a lot of people that will have the same interests me through my course and societies which will be really good. There's never really been an opportunity like this before because you don't get societies at college they're pretty unique to university itself. Now that i'm 18 and an adult i feel more ready to establish a romantic relationship now also.

ReputationRep:
    Well prior to turning 18 I have never once been bothered about making friends or relationships because most people are really immature under that age but i'm (hoping) that going to university will change that and there will be much more mature people around that i feel comfortable around. Like, i enjoy talking about politics, current affairs, languages and such but most young people don't like that and only care for football and video games. I'll meet a lot of people that will have the same interests me through my course and societies which will be really good. There's never really been an opportunity like this before because you don't get societies at college they're pretty unique to university itself. Now that i'm 18 and an adult i feel more ready to establish a romantic relationship now also.
    OMG this is exactly like me... But I tried at 18 and I found out that I couldn't deal with the other 18 years olds as they were still unbelievably immature and rude (this was in college though) This year I'm doing a foundation year and my teacher says its mostly a mature (in age and behaviour) class. I'll be 19... Another thing I worry bout is not making friends...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm fairly similar, although for me it was just shyness. Which languages do you speak/learn?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by constantmeowage)
    I'm fairly similar, although for me it was just shyness. Which languages do you speak/learn?

I spent a whole month learning a little German over Summer back in year 12 not done much since but i'm still very much interested in learning and still remember quite a few things. It's my dream to visit Germany one day. It would be awesome if i met a German student at university but somehow i doubt many Germans study here in England compared to other countries. :/

ReputationRep:
    I spent a whole month learning a little German over Summer back in year 12 not done much since but i'm still very much interested in learning and still remember quite a few things. It's my dream to visit Germany one day. It would be awesome if i met a German student at university but somehow i doubt many Germans study here in England compared to other countries. :/
    I love speaking German, even if the grammar is a little hard and I know a few people who are German so I reckon that you have a good chance!

ReputationRep:
    If you get yourself involved in the Erasmus society when you get to college I'm sure you'll find someone. I study German and French at college

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geebee93)
    Hiiii I've also firmed Southampton!! I already got my grades last summer. I'm not a complete non-drinker but I don't love getting drunk and try to avoid it most of the time. I find I have just as much fun without drinking and just have some (but not enough to get trashed like some of my friends- I just don't like the feeling haha)
    Yay! Which course will you be doing?

I'm not a complete teetotal, but getting drunk has never appealed to me either. It's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one who feels like this. I just hope that I won't feel left out at uni.

ReputationRep:
    Your likes actually sound interesting. Yes, the good thing is that there are societies where you get to meet like-minded people. Though, I have to say, while taking my diploma, I thought I would meet a whole cohort of people just as interested as me in the course of study but they were not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geebee93)
    Film Yeah, I feel the same but I hope it'll be alright!! Have you chosen your halls yet?
    Yep; I've applied for the en-suites at Glen Eyre, Wessex Lane and Small Halls. What about you?

ReputationRep:
    you'd be surprised how many of us Germans study or want to study in the UK - although most tend to go to Scotland because of the tuition fees
    which uni are you going to?

ReputationRep:
    lemonade and chocolate digestives anyone? :ciao:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amypotts)
    lemonade and chocolate digestives anyone? :ciao:
    OK now I want some digestives

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarinaBS)
    you'd be surprised how many of us Germans study or want to study in the UK - although most tend to go to Scotland because of the tuition fees
    which uni are you going to?
    Hoping to get into University of Central Lancashire.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.