Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Padouken)
    These do not count.

I happen to be doing English language and apparently medicine seem to think it counts. Don't put others down for their interests. Not only is it UNFAIR but it will also limit you in the future if you have a SINGLE MINDED approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Is that because he's a drawing?
    Precisely. If we get a bit daring and use color, then perhaps sociology.

ReputationRep:
    Mickey mouse prefers Geography.
    :troll:

ReputationRep:
    These do not count.
    Why do you believe everything people tell you on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    x.
    Out of interest what subjects are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miracle Day)
    :rofl: That's such an astute question, I didn't think of it quite like that.

The brainwashing has begun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    Out of interest what subjects are you doing?
    I predict Maths, F.Maths, Physics, and similar subjects. Always those people who are the most arrogant :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    New thread wow people are scared and expressing their scare then

ReputationRep:
    I predict Maths, F.Maths, Physics, and similar subjects. Always those people who are the most arrogant :rolleyes:
    I'm doing stuff like that, please don't generalise

Spoiler:
    Show
    You're probably right though :lol:

ReputationRep:
    The truth can be like a piercing knife at times, but accepting the truth can be the most intelligent thing you ever do..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    :rofl: That's such an astute question, I didn't think of it quite like that.

The brainwashing has begun!
    Well I think the basis of what he's saying is either that Cambridge prefered subject list, or posts on TSR based on the Cambridge prefered subject list.

ReputationRep:
    Well I think the basis of what he's saying is either that Cambridge prefered subject list, or posts on TSR based on the Cambridge prefered subject list.
    Sadly you're probably right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arva)
    I'm doing stuff like that, please don't generalise

Spoiler:
    Show
    You're probably right though :lol:
    Didn't mean to imply they're all arrogant (I do maths and physics myself), but I never hear English Lit students claiming their subject is intrinsically the best, but maths and physics students love to claim that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have time for further maths but it does look interesting... Maybe I should have chosen it, I just didn't expect core maths to be so easy and boring. I picked the wrong subjects and I realized that after my AS year because I had somewhat of a late aptitude for the sciences.

But at least I didn't go for the humanities, OH GOD THE HORROR!

ReputationRep:
    I don't have time for further maths but it does look interesting... Maybe I should have chosen it, I just didn't expect core maths to be so easy and boring. I picked the wrong subjects and I realized that after my AS year because I had somewhat of a late aptitude for the sciences.

So what did you do then?

ReputationRep:
    Didn't mean to imply they're all arrogant (I do maths and physics myself), but I never hear English Lit students claiming their subject is intrinsically the best, but maths and physics students love to claim that.
    Well physics comes from maths, chemistry from physics, biology from chemistry, psychology, sociology from biology. You can see why mathematicians think maths is the best. I don't though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)
    Well physics comes from maths, chemistry from physics, biology from chemistry, psychology, sociology from biology. You can see why mathematicians think maths is the best. I don't though

I'm fed up of hearing this. All those fields developed fairly independently (there is overlap) - they just each go down a layer of complexity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adi19956)

Sociology from biology? wat.

And mathematicians have a God complex because it's the hardest subject, and to be an exceptional mathematician requires a severely intelligent person. We have to be honest with ourselves, they are the best. All praise tho mathematicians! It is them who we adore!

ReputationRep:

What's wrong with humanities? Is History a soft subject in your opinion?

ReputationRep:
    Sociology from biology? wat.

And mathematicians have a God complex because it's the hardest subject to be an exceptional mathematician requires a severely intelligent person. We have to be honest with ourselves, they are the best. All praise tho mathematicians! It is them who we adore!
    So you've applied for maths then?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.