The Student Room Group

Have you ever been insulted about your looks?

Scroll to see replies

I've been called ugly, and that I have a big nose but it has never bothered me.

I'm just sickened reading some of the bullying other people have got. It's disgraceful.
Original post by sophie97
Used to get called/abused regularly for being ginger in the first years of high school but now I just get abuse from passing cars such as "ginger sl*g", which doesn't bother me much anymore. It's not like I'm particularly ugly apart from a bit of a big nose, it's literally just because I'm ginger.
I've also over heard some people talking about me once last year in school in the toilets and one of them said "she's really nice" and the other girl replied with "yeah but she's ginger" and they both laughed their heads off. That shook me up a but for a while but I think people have grown out of the whole ginger problem now that I'm 16... hopefully.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm ginger :smile: I personally never had any trouble concerning my hair, but I know a few other ginger kids that were in my year did. Don't worry about it, especially as a girl, your hair is going to get you a lot of attention in the future :smile:
Reply 462
Got told I "looked like a man" by a jealous ex!! haha :L I didnt take it to heart because I know she has a few issues of her own.

Also I have got quite a big nose but i dont really care, I like the rest of my body just fine, even if it probably isnt everyones cup of tea :rolleyes:
People have tried to insult me, people have complimented me, take neither to heart. Learn to take the piss out of yourself, then when anybody else tries to just say to them is that really the best you can do, then go on to slaughter their stupidity with verbal venom.
Original post by lonelybrummie

if you're the person in your avatar, how could they call you ugly? you look quite normal.
I got called ugly by some pessimistic bint on here, and I've been called ugly so many times IRL I could e rich if I had a penny each time. Oh well.
Reply 466
Original post by civilstudent
Girls and guys, have you ever been or felt insulted by others about your looks which has perhaps dented your confidence? Like maybe someone said you had a big nose, you look old, you have horrible eyes etc.

Tell us some times about when (if ever) you have been insulted?

If you havent been insulted then say so.

Just thought it would be interesting and might help others who have gone through similar to realise that everyone gets insulted, has faults and that they are often exaggerated words.

I'l start. Heres what I can think up at the moment.

-I was rated the least attractive girl in class at college for some facial attractiveness/biology topic. Ok so maybe this wasnt an insult as it was an anonymous activity but made me feel insulted. Its kind of worse than an insult as I couldnt put it down to nastiness/being victimised lol.

-A 30 odd year old man I went on a few dates with then broke up with told his mates that he was worried about getting any girl as he couldnt even get the ugliest of girls (meaning me).

Its not a direct insult as such but Ive never had a proper relationship and guys never approach me which i find insulting/lowers confidence.

Not really I am my own worst critic I hate how I look lol I insult myself on a regular basis then cry LOL
Girls and guys, have you ever been or felt insulted by others about your looks which has perhaps dented your confidence? Like maybe someone said you had a big nose, you look old, you have horrible eyes etc.

Just thought it would be interesting and might help others who have gone through similar to realise that everyone gets insulted, has faults and that they are often exaggerated words.

-I was rated the least attractive girl in class at college for some facial attractiveness/biology topic. Ok so maybe this wasnt an insult as it was an anonymous activity but made me feel insulted. Its kind of worse than an insult as I couldnt put it down to nastiness/being victimised lol.

-A 30 odd year old man I went on a few dates with then broke up with told his mates that he was worried about getting any girl as he couldnt even get the ugliest of girls (meaning me).

Its not a direct insult as such but Ive never had a proper relationship and guys never approach me which i find insulting/lowers confidence.

Which college project was that? That's a flippin terrible idea and the teacher should have been called out on it.

The 30 year old just said that because his ego was hurt.

A guy asked me out once and then called me specky four eyes when I said no. I hadn't heard that since I was about 10.
At secondary school mainly year 9 to 11 I was called ugly, fat a lot. Even one time I was called a gypsy because of the colour of my eyes. This has really hurt my confidence and I'm at uni now, I've never had a boyfriend so I believe all these things are true what bullies have said about me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's a story:

I was called gummy by a guy.

I got my gums cut.

Then dated the guy like a year later. :lol:

I think everyone has been insulted at some point about their looks. I've been told that I look like a horse and that my forehead is big. Someone will always have something bad to say.

Well, when I was a kid I broke my nose and now I have a very noticeably crooked nose and when I was in year 9 (after I got glasses) someone told me that I looked better with my glasses on because it covered up my nose and then he proceeded to call me names and throw stuff at me.

My sister also made fun of my nose all the time when I was a kid and now when people point it out I feel really ugly.
There's barely any natural blondes so stop saying my hairs dyed, on top of that if I want to look like a tangerine I will look like a tangerine so stop bringing it up!!
Original post by x-Sophie-x
My eyes used to change colour a lot when I was younger (now not so much), so kids used to say I looked 'abnormal' and that I was 'weird and belonged on another planet'. It was pretty horrible as a child, because at that time I didn't know any better than to listen to them.

Some people out there can be pretty cruel! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not even trying to be nice, but I think that's cool! Having eyes that can change colours is my dream tbh; be confident about them!
if I got 1p for every single insult I got, i would be a billionaire by now
But if I had to choose one that hurt the most...
because, as some people may know, I have 4 siblings who are all autistic, (and one of them has another disability alongside it); so once we went on holiday and something happened, so my grandma was like to my mum about me, "I'm surprised she's not diagnosed, by next year you'll find out that she's the one who's disabled of all of them".
Ever since then I've always been paranoid that I'm autistic as well.
Original post by Vicodin
I had never been worried about my nose until one day this person on the bus told me i have a larger than average nose, comparing me to my sisters. No matter how many people say 'its not big' that one persons comment always sticks in my mind.

Exactly what happened to me tbh, I never noticed my nose was big until all of a sudden, a lot of people started pointing it out all at once. :/
No 😐

Well aside from the fact that a stray person here or there like once a year thinks I'm much younger than what I am so I'm sure they underestimate my capabilities as a grown woman but that's it really 😐
(edited 6 years ago)

What stupid **** of a teacher set up that experiment? How irresponsible. I'd probably commit suicide if I was rated least attractive in a group of people, dead serious.

I have been insulted many times, mostly in the past, but also recently on vacation. I think it might have been because I was full of estrogen, bloated up with water and looked morbidly obese? Perhaps... That caused a lot of turmoil.
Yes numerous times, and here's my appearance:

Spoiler

Does this make you feel better?
I used to be so insecure about my looks when I was little that I wouldn't even want to look in the mirror. it genuinely made me upse. I feel people always find something to pick on regardless what you look like; in primary school I was "fat" and "ugly", in secondary school I had a "big nose" and "no one would ever rape me" (not that id ever want to be hunny, but at the time suggesting that I was unwanted even by the lowest of the low didn't really help my self esteem lmao) To add to the soufle I have a very assymetrical face and kerototis pilaris (permanent spots, in my case I happen to have it all over my body and face). but how do I feel about it all now? Pretty chill. Even though the spots were an obvious thing from the get go my whole life, I never cared about them because I knew I couldn't change the fact I had them. I'm at a point now where I feel the same about everything else. (although the face still gets me sometimes but hey ho small steps lol) the thing is, I don't think I look that bad despite all these "flaws" now. There's always someone who has it worse. Regardless where you're at in the redundant 'pretty scale', you only need to change one thing; own it. Own your face. You can look like a mashed up fish, but if you have the wit of a whip you would be one of the cool kids. Think I'm 'wrong', I've seen it happen and I go to a chavvy school. ok that's really long so bravo to anyone who bothered reading it 😂 have a beautiful day folks :smile:
I remember a bunch of girls from a different school (same school as my ex) pointing at me in town and saying something along the lines of 'that's ******* girlfriend. What does he even see in her she's not even pretty". It got to me a bit at the time, I was 16 and a bit insecure. I put it down to jealousy though.

Other than that I've been fairly lucky on the whole to mainly avoid bullying. I've been teased a bit over my height, I'm pretty short. But it's only harmless.

I did have a woman at the make up counter in Boots tell me that "unfortunately we can't do anything about your freckles" when I'd asked about the best kind of products to use for my complexion. I thought that was a bit rude. I like my freckles and she just implied/assumed they were a bad thing and I'd want to try and cover them up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending