Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other? watch

ReputationRep:
    Shaving your legs whilst standing up in the shower is ridiculously, ridiculously hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    Mate, I think you might be wearing them wrong... If you've put it in properly you're gonna have to try pretty hard to get it out without pulling on the string!
    Its only happened a couple of times. I think it was on a day when i was wearing the smallest tampons and was a bit constipated. But i do think that i dont always put them in very far, but they're never uncomfortable so they must be far enough in ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche)
    You do get guys in cubicles together in pubs and clubs where I'm from, but it's normally because they're snorting coke in there. When I worked in such a pub the manager tried to stop it by putting artex on all the flat surfaces :rofl:
    I never see the point in that or making angled surfaces - I mean, nearly everyone has a key on them...

I've even heard of bagheads drawing biro on their arms to avoid the blue lights.

(Original post by St. Brynjar)
    I call mine 'The Right Honourable Gentleman'
    Lol, The Right Honourable Member would have been funnier.

ReputationRep:
    How horrible shopping in department stores for make up is.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heirloom)
    How horrible shopping in department stores for make up is.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Shopping in any store for makeup seems horrible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nah, it's worse in department stores because they're so damn busy. I generally just but makeup from Boots or just buy it online :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMyToothbrush)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    NO department stores are worse. The counter girls are always so horrible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McHumpy92)
    Men have higher pain thresholds than women...child birth wouldn't be a problem and they would push the baby out a lot quicker as well.

I think females don't understand how much a bloke really doesn't give a toss about yours and your friends pathetic little non dramas. For example my friend told me two pretty major pieces of news this week, I have barely gave it a second thought or felt compelled to tell anyone.
    Most women know the difference between pain threshold and pain tolerance.......actually I think most men do too, perhaps it's just you. Being a jerk isn't really something to be proud of, and considering that you can't spell or punctuate correctly, you should think about having something to fall back on.

You are making ridiculous generalisations, not all girls are the same nor are all guys. If you actually talk to people like this, I'm surprised you actually have a friend. Also gossip actually fulfills a very important rule in society, and males gossip just as much as girls do, just generally on different topics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cabriolean)
    Most women know the difference between pain threshold and pain tolerance.......actually I think most men do too, perhaps it's just you. Being a jerk isn't really something to be proud of, and considering that you can't spell or punctuate correctly, you should think about having something to fall back on.

You are making ridiculous generalisations, not all girls are the same nor are all guys. If you actually talk to people like this, I'm surprised you actually have a friend. Also gossip actually fulfills a very important rule in society, and males gossip just as much as girls do, just generally on different topics.
    No

ReputationRep:
    Men have higher pain thresholds than women...child birth wouldn't be a problem and they would push the baby out a lot quicker as well.
    I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh. How long it takes you to push the baby out has little to do with how much pain you're in and it's going to be an intensely painful experience for whichever gender is adapted to do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alice:))
    Shaving your legs whilst standing up in the shower is ridiculously, ridiculously hard
    Shaving your legs full stop. Such a chore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kazbian)
    I'm sorry, but this just made me laugh. How long it takes you to push the baby out has little to do with how much pain you're in and it's going to be an intensely painful experience for whichever gender is adapted to do it.
    Where did I say it is...men are stronger and more determined so would push the baby out quicker. From what my mum says the pain of giving birth isn't that bad, more fear than anything the first time, after that they're a doddle.

ReputationRep:
    Passing kidney stones is more painful than child birth....you don't hear men whinging about that all the time. Child birth is a pathetic way for females to sound hardcore when they're just not....most don't have the determination to actually push themselves through pain and hang on to this fallacy.

ReputationRep:
    The baby isn't supposed to be pushed out quickly or it can cause problems, the woman has to use the contractions in order to get the baby out :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeccaAnne94)
    The baby isn't supposed to be pushed out quickly or it can cause problems, the woman has to use the contractions in order to get the baby out :^_^:
    You are wrong!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Personally I vote for getting hair stuck under your foreskin or even in your urethra. My girlfriend's head hairs are always getting in there and it's the worst because they're so long...

I really couldn't be a woman, all that endless worrying about what other people might think of you from make-up, clothes, what you eat to simply dealing with your period. It would drive me to drink
    Used up all my rep for today, so you're getting a + tomorrow.

That's the sort of thing that as soon as you tell me, both our eyes will flash that expression of mutual sympathy and understanding. Getting hair stuck there is just the first part - then you've got the countdown from 3 and the grimace when you tug it out which was not unlike the time you sat down too quickly on a, anyway, you get it.

ReputationRep:
    Passing kidney stones is more painful than child birth....you don't hear men whinging about that all the time. Child birth is a pathetic way for females to sound hardcore when they're just not....most don't have the determination to actually push themselves through pain and hang on to this fallacy.
    Oh really? I don't think anyone here would exist if their mothers hadn't pushed themselves through the pain.

As for not having the determination, I'm pretty sure most women do. Parents have a connection to their unborn child, there is obviously going to be determination to get the child out, regardless of gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peaches & Cream)
    Oh really? I don't think anyone here would exist if their mothers hadn't pushed themselves through the pain.

As for not having the determination, I'm pretty sure most women do. Parents have a connection to their unborn child, there is obviously going to be determination to get the child out, regardless of gender.
    I mean in general....then child birth comes along and they've backed themselves in a corner and have no choice too. Which they find tough because they've never actually pushed themselves through pain before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    This.

Also girls won't know how embarrassing it is for us when someone sits on your lap and your little fella wants to spring into action :erm: I'm convinced that they know what's going on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hate that! I'm going to buy sticky tape.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anony.mouse)
    Another icky one.

How you can't squeeze a fart or poo out when you're wearing a tampon else you squeeze the tampon out to unless you're some kind of superhuman that can control muscles in that area perfectly, in the same way some women poop when they're giving birth ...
    I giggled hard at this one

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.