Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJiggly)
    You're joking me! @!#=*!!

man I hope they're generous this time and will allow both answers -__-

they tell us to leave answers to 3 s.f. so dammit they better not be pedantic.

If they don't then I know for sure I've lost at least 4-5 marks.
    I know right, I just figured since b is 1.001, surely rounding to 3s.f. would be fine, didn't realise the impact it would have on the a value...
    These are the only marks I'm aware that I may have lost though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharaoh96)
    Im not really sure why people found the Sxx Syy etc. question so hard. Surely it's just subbing values into formulas from the formulae book?
    My exact thoughts. I didn't see how it was any different from previous papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotzz)
    I know right, I just figured since b is 1.001, surely rounding to 3s.f. would be fine, didn't realise the impact it would have on the a value...
    Wow, so about 1 or 2 marks? That's like 97% at the least! *Salutes*

I'm crossing my fingers for 90%+ I've made about 2 silly mistakes I'm aware of

btw, which one did you find harder, Core 2 or this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the_googly)
    I would love grade boundaries like this. This paper was much different compared to past papers. I think I bagged about 45 marks for definate, the difference of the paper compared to past papers resulted in about 10 marks extra lost for me.
    Yeah Same here I hope so as well . Your right this paper was very different compared to past papers and I hope the grade boundaries reflect this. I agree with the fact I also feel i have picked up 45 marks definitely , but overall I think I may have got a " B " due to not being fully confident on the last binomial distribution question ; but more importantly the "Evening" questions was a bit confusing and a little difficult to understand. Alot of people I know felt that they messed up also on the explanation questions.

ReputationRep:
    Wow. That stats paper... I thought it went alright actually :\ hmmm judging what I remember compared to the ms, I look safe... fingers crossed for all of us... I just want boundaries low I am soo angry I even revised linear scaling doesn't change r and didn't even write it down... :no:

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please post the mark scheme !?

ReputationRep:

Core 2 was definitely harder than S1 in my opinion ... How about yourself , what's your opinion on the difficulty of the " 2 " papers ??

ReputationRep:

I doubt I'll get that high though, I've never done that well in any stats past paper.
    I'd be more than happy with 90%+.
    Umm, I think I found Core 2 easier but I had less time left at the end to check my answers so I think I lost about 3-5 marks. So I came out of stats feeling happier, but purely because I didn't feel rushed for time or anything.
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tha Realest)
    Core 2 was definitely harder than S1 in my opinion ... How about yourself , what's your opinion on the difficulty of the " 2 " papers ??

(Original post by Gotzz)
    I doubt I'll get that high though, I've never done that well in any stats past paper.
    I'd be more than happy with 90%+.
    Umm, I think I found Core 2 easier but I had less time left at the end to check my answers so I think I lost about 3-5 marks. So I came out of stats feeling happier, but purely because I didn't feel rushed for time or anything.
    You?
    Yea exactly Gotzz. I didn't actually have time to check back on anything on Core 2. Finished the last question right on the dot. Found that one harder, simply because of time T_T Although to be honest, it was my fault, because I spent too much time checking my answers early on for the exponential graph question.

ReputationRep:
    Yea exactly Gotzz. I didn't actually have time to check anything on Core 2. Finished the last question right on the dot. Found that one harder, simply because of time T_T Although to be honest, it was my fault, because I spent too much time checking my answers for the exponential graph question.
    My problem was with the identity question, I substituted an identity in where it wasn't necessary, so although I got to the right answer in the end, I did like 3 times more working out than necessary. So I may have lost a mark there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fakhouri)
    Can anyone please post the mark scheme !?
    mark scheme: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2354805

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, after exiting the exam hall I was more confident with the S1 exam but the mark scheme here suggests otherwise. Core 2 was quiet difficult though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Same here I hope so as well . Your right this paper was very different compared to past papers and I hope the grade boundaries reflect this. I agree with the fact I also feel i have picked up 45 marks definitely , but overall I think I may have got a " B " due to not being fully confident on the last binomial distribution question ; but more importantly the "Evening" questions was a bit confusing and a little difficult to understand. Alot of people I know felt that they messed up also on the explanation questions.
    :-)

Yeah some questions were quiet confusing and difficult to understand. There wasn't those simply 5/7 marks like plotting a graph or working out the equation of a regression line the normal easy way

ReputationRep:
    By the way guys, do you remember, (for the question in particular where the total was stated, but the mean was calculated from it, in the normal distribution question), whether or not there were units that had to be converted (whether it be the mean or standard deviation)? (It may have been question 6)

I can't remember if this had to be done before using the model to answer the questions...

ReputationRep:
    I have a question about the regression question where you had to substitute the values in to find the pigs' weight. I can't specifically remember it saying give your answer to 1DP, so when I found the weight to be something like 124.563638kg, I rounded it up to three significant figures and stated 125kg (making it very clear to the examiner that this was what I was doing). Would I still get the marks?

ReputationRep:
    That question didn't ask for 1dp, I'm pretty sure, so 3 sf would be fine.

Hope that puts your mind at rest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Januu Dolly)
    Wow. That stats paper... I thought it went alright actually :\ hmmm judging what I remember compared to the ms, I look safe... fingers crossed for all of us... I just want boundaries low I am soo angry I even revised linear scaling doesn't change r and didn't even write it down... :no:
    exactly!

ReputationRep:

I found Core 2 a abit better dunno know since i missed 7 marks all together...

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by linnet18)
    Anyone got the paper?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post42666664

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.