Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bumbakrak)
    Got 50UMS... What does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    means that you got 35/50 raw marks, and got an A.

grade boundary was 34 raw marks, 48 UMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clareramos)
    means that you got 35/50 raw marks, and got an A.

grade boundary was 34 raw marks, 48 UMS
    Damn. Overall, I got an A (85%) which is fairly strong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How do we work out percentage? Like 85% etc. i wanna see how I did..

In Unit 1: I got 50 UMS
    In Unit 2: I got 130 UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    go the the UMS converter and you can get raw mark, then work out percentage.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone think the exam was marked really harshly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhannah95)
    Anyone think the exam was marked really harshly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    having done remarks. no in the most part. a few that I thought where harshly marked, but that was difference of opinion more than anything to do with mark scheme.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not too sure how I feel about my grade. Coming out of the exam I thought it went fairly well. However, at my school we had problems with the exams for a number of reasons and don't feel we spent enough time on it which could have been a part of the problem..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahhannah95)
    I'm not too sure how I feel about my grade. Coming out of the exam I thought it went fairly well. However, at my school we had problems with the exams for a number of reasons and don't feel we spent enough time on it which could have been a part of the problem..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Got a C last year, A this year. This exam seems easy but unless you see the past mark schemes you won't score well, you have to be really careful of what the question asks and how to enter level 2, you will understand after doing all the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh right thanks! I really didn't have time to revise and our data had been mixed up. In a way I'm not surprised I got a C

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ElChapo)
    Got a C last year, A this year. This exam seems easy but unless you see the past mark schemes you won't score well, you have to be really careful of what the question asks and how to enter level 2, you will understand after doing all the past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For fieldwork and skills in general. You have to vague or precise, and that's how the exams are written. The problem often comes with teachers not using AQA questions and them trying a middle ground, that doesn't work due to nature of subject area, and this then causes problems in the exams. You can tell just by the way someone writes. mark schemes are key to see what they want.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.