Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Badminton is pretty fun in any circumstance and if you can somehow set a net up at an outside party with racquets and shuttlecock almost anyone will want to have a go from past experience. Drunker players seem to really get into it, even if they swing at the wrong side of the court!

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone!

If any of you are in Cartmel and haven't found our thread on here yet, you can find it here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2378979

We also have our Freshers' Week Facebook page which can be found by typing Cartmel College Freshers' Week 2013 in your Facebook search bar.

On that page there is also a link to our Facebook group forum which makes it easier to meet and talk to other Cartmel freshers, as well as your JCR Exec

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone started buying anything on their reading list yet and if so, where have you been buying them from? Hell, anyone know a cheap place to get books likely to be on uni reading lists for cheap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neon-Soldier32)
    Has anyone started buying anything on their reading list yet and if so, where have you been buying them from? Hell, anyone know a cheap place to get books likely to be on uni reading lists for cheap?
    When and how do we get a reading list? Do all subjects get one or only certain subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LBraley)
    When and how do we get a reading list? Do all subjects get one or only certain subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was told I'll get my reading list mid-September

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The reading list for English Literature is already up but I've only got a couple so far

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone commuting to Uni? I am, from Blackpool, and I'm so scared about travelling by myself as my friend didn't get her place at Lancaster

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orthrus)
    And half of them would just be me using different names to try up my chances!
    In the end, we both know that everybody will be in bed, including yourself
    I usually get some sort of heckle when i mention badminton, so i try to pre-empt the joke about it being a bit effeminate compared to the stereotypical man sports like rugby.
    Yeah, i'm sure lots of people will be attracted to things like archery, fencing and stuff, just because they're a bit unusual... and you can pretend to be robin hood or something while doing them
    Submit a hundred applications yourself that is dedication but you would need that many email addresses you would just lose track!
    I've heard badminton is really competitive at uni, so it might be alright you can just grunt a bit to make it look manly.
    Yeah I think it's your best chance to try something you won't normally get the chance to do. I would love to be Robin Hood :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katie55)
    Submit a hundred applications yourself that is dedication but you would need that many email addresses you would just lose track!
    I've heard badminton is really competitive at uni, so it might be alright you can just grunt a bit to make it look manly.
    Yeah I think it's your best chance to try something you won't normally get the chance to do. I would love to be Robin Hood :P
    Even without the hundreds of applications i lost track so long ago - i get a nice surprise every time i get an email from companies i'd forgotten about!
    Oh, i thought the grunting was always compulsory :lol:
    Yeah, i plan on trying a load of new stuff, even non-robin hood-y stuff So other than archery and kayaking (where would you actually kayak?), what are you planning on joining?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iWriter3)
    The reading list for English Literature is already up but I've only got a couple so far
    Omg where did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well i hope you checked the course structure before applying, i'd laugh if you found out you were doing a lot of Russia topics again He made up for it by being a physics teacher who can do magic tricks... you wouldn't believe the amounts of times he made me question reality without even using his physics expertise - so i'd be hard done by having to choose between russia and magic :lol:
    Hahaha, as someone who stayed at college for most of my courses (I mean, you can't really go anywhere for maths, can you?), i'm extremely jealous! I would happily have tagged along on geology trips - i love all types of rock(s)! :')
    Haha I definitely did! It's why I picked it over Durham (contrary to what most people would think/do) , loads of great looking modules in year 2 and 3! Oh wow that sounds so cool! Most of our physics teachers werent great i dont think :') Teachers can make a massiive difference to the subject I think! Hahah yeah it was kinda cool, but then you have to catch up your other subjects ( I did maths too and I hated A2!) and also we went to the Isle of Arran for Geology, which is cool cos its a great place to study but it was sososososo cold this year (it was like the week before it snowed alot everywhere and arran was without power due to so much snow!), and the heating systems werent great and there was no heating in the bathrooms.... but yeah it was cool overall :') Tbh Im just happy I never have to draw another field sketch/identify a rock again, its harder than it looks! :')

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahS95)
    Haha I definitely did! It's why I picked it over Durham (contrary to what most people would think/do) , loads of great looking modules in year 2 and 3! Oh wow that sounds so cool! Most of our physics teachers werent great i dont think :') Teachers can make a massiive difference to the subject I think! Hahah yeah it was kinda cool, but then you have to catch up your other subjects ( I did maths too and I hated A2!) and also we went to the Isle of Arran for Geology, which is cool cos its a great place to study but it was sososososo cold this year (it was like the week before it snowed alot everywhere and arran was without power due to so much snow!), and the heating systems werent great and there was no heating in the bathrooms.... but yeah it was cool overall :') Tbh Im just happy I never have to draw another field sketch/identify a rock again, its harder than it looks! :')
    Yeah, i know what you mean, most people would give an arm or a leg to get into durham or something :') Yeah, he was a physics teacher by day, and occassional professional magician by night - in fact he even named the topics in physics after cards in a deck! Physics was definitely better because of him
    Yeah, maths seemed awful this year for me as well D: Hahaha, 'it was cool overall' - nice accidental pun! But that sounds really amazingly fun, other than the freezing cold part! I doubt many of you expected to need to carry long john or something :lol: Looks like you were between a rock and a hard place in geology (sorry, i couldn't help myself!)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i know what you mean, most people would give an arm or a leg to get into durham or something :') Yeah, he was a physics teacher by day, and occassional professional magician by night - in fact he even named the topics in physics after cards in a deck! Physics was definitely better because of him
    Yeah, maths seemed awful this year for me as well D: Hahaha, 'it was cool overall' - nice accidental pun! But that sounds really amazingly fun, other than the freezing cold part! I doubt many of you expected to need to carry long john or something :lol: Looks like you were between a rock and a hard place in geology (sorry, i couldn't help myself!)
    Yeah it's crazy, whenever I told someone where I'd applied they assumed I wanted I go to Durham! Oh wow that's really cool! At our prom we had a magician coming round the tables and he was amazing, it's so clever! Ugh my teacher made maths even worse, he always insisted I was brilliant at it and i reaally wasn't at A2 :') haha I didn't realise I did that, oops! I was expecting it to be cold, but when you're inside all day doing writing up/lab work and you have to wear thermals under your normal clothes its just a liiiittle too chilly for my liking :') hahah I loved geology because my teacher was the nicest, but it wasn't always fun :') (cool pun )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just pre-registered, a load of bloody stuff to do!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    Just pre-registered, a load of bloody stuff to do!
    Same, only took 5 mins . Still waiting for campus accommodation information, so excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MMAGuy)
    Same, only took 5 mins . Still waiting for campus accommodation information, so excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Does yours say this?
    "You successfully pre-registered on 1 January 0001". Little bug in their system it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to set up my Lancaster University IT Account but I'm getting 'Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.' Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just about to do my registration...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarlL)
    Trying to set up my Lancaster University IT Account but I'm getting 'Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.' Anyone else?
    I thought they were supposed to send an email afterwards telling you what to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Prendah)
    I thought they were supposed to send an email afterwards telling you what to do.
    Aye, I got the email but when I click Next I'm presented with that error.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.