Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffyn)
    Does anyone know if they've checked up on references? I think when I applied online they said they needed references to check up on prior to the interview? Yet no indication was made to me that they have done that. Do you think that they may be checking up on them now, to decide the final offers? Because surely they would need to check on behaviour in class, attendance, attitude etc?
    They so far haven't contacted my referee, and I was getting slightly worried about this. I'm guessing they'll contact your reference around now, to see if they REALLY want you or not. Anyway, out of the 190 that went for interviews, around 160 will get a place, so if I were you I wouldn't be too worried c:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesleigh)
    They so far haven't contacted my referee, and I was getting slightly worried about this. I'm guessing they'll contact your reference around now, to see if they REALLY want you or not. Anyway, out of the 190 that went for interviews, around 160 will get a place, so if I were you I wouldn't be too worried c:
    160 places? Unless they have changed it secretly, I believe it says there will be 125 places on offer for the first years. And there were only 170 interviewees, given to me by a confidential source.

ReputationRep:
    I talked to one of the teachers there, and they stated that with the incredible standard of the exams, and the fact that they could now accommodate more pupils, they are able to offer more places. He also said that there were 190 asked for interviews, but only 170 taking place that day, and 20 more taking place at other times, for a multitude of reasons.

ReputationRep:
    I talked to one of the teachers there, and they stated that with the incredible standard of the exams, and the fact that they could now accommodate more pupils, they are able to offer more places. He also said that there were 190 asked for interviews, but only 170 taking place that day, and 20 more taking place at other times, for a multitude of reasons.
    Ah, okay. The fact that they may only be asking for references now may explain why letters can not be sent next week (I had thought it strange why they couldn't just add on interview scores to the exam scores, then rank, then make offers to the top performing candidates - would be easy enough to do). If they are asking for references now, it would be hard, as it's half term, and most candidates' references would be their teachers, who would also be on break. Thanks for the clarification.

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys definitely going to HWSF if they accept you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harmingjuli)
    95% likely. You?

ReputationRep:
    95% likely. You?
    Yeah around the same likelihood

ReputationRep:
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    This is a quick shoutout to ANYONE that went to the 1pm interview!

Does anyone remember me? I was white, quiet, and was one of the last to be called in the first rounds of interviews (1:15pm). About 6 foot tall. After the interview I was a bit more chatty, talked to a small, pretty Asian girl, and a girl called Jenny (sorry if it was spelt wrong), and wondered if anyone else was at that interview time?

Really excited to see the outcome of the interviews, by the way!

ReputationRep:
    This is a quick shoutout to ANYONE that went to the 1pm interview!

Does anyone remember me? I was white, quiet, and was one of the last to be called in the first rounds of interviews (1:15pm). About 6 foot tall. After the interview I was a bit more chatty, talked to a small, pretty Asian girl, and a girl called Jenny (sorry if it was spelt wrong), and wondered if anyone else was at that interview time?

Really excited to see the outcome of the interviews, by the way!
    Lol, very nervous to see the outcomes. I do not want a rejection letter to land on my front door in a week's time. Praying for an acceptance. Or even a conditional letter, anything other than outright rejection.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, very nervous to see the outcomes. I do not want a rejection letter to land on my front door in a week's time. Praying for an acceptance. Or even a conditional letter, anything other than outright rejection.
    I agree. If I get a letter, I'll definitely be posting a piccy on here [some information will be removed, naturally]!

ReputationRep:
    I agree. If I get a letter, I'll definitely be posting a piccy on here [some information will be removed, naturally]!
    Oh, can you post pics on TSR threads? If it is acceptance/ conditional, then I will do the same too aha we can all flood this thread with acceptance letter pics

ReputationRep:
    100%. Definitely.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah if I get accepted into the sixth form I'll be going. The standards of my current school are just slipping and it's making it unbearable to stay.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah around the same likelihood
    And if I do get in, the first person I will be beelining for to chat with is you aha.

ReputationRep:
    And if I do get on, the first person I will be beelining for to chat with is you aha.
    Good, I look forward to it. Is it because i'm already in?

ReputationRep:
    It seems like a lot of you guys are eager to start at this school. That is good to know..

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling this is going to be a very long wait for the next two weeks. Even longer than the wait for the interview letters (mentally, not literally) and that was a wait that required a lot of faith and endurance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow, the wait for the interview letters was almost unbearable. Although not even close to as bad as waiting for results day 2013, you would know if you done any GCSEs early(Did you?). Glad I don't have to participate this time

ReputationRep:
    I did do Chinese gcse early. Although, I was the having the time of my life during the summer holidays and promptly forgot that there was even a results day in August so didn't pick up results. Finally remembered and got it a month later. I'm native Chinese so wasn't worried at all about results. It was a multichoice exam anyway - translation: easy.
    I gave my interview letter for my brother to read (it would either be a rejection or a pass). My brother told me I passed onto the interview stage and I literally danced around the living room screaming my head off, it was pretty ridiculous really but at that time I thought I had failed the exams so...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.