Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, not sure if this is the right place or not to ask for advice about my serve but here it is...

I've been playing for about 10 months. Any advice about my technique and stuff I'd be really grateful for, especially with my topspin serves (the second and third ones I hit on the video) because my second serve is just so inconsistent, it's literally stopping me from ever winning against anyone I'm playing people who would just smash away a dink every time btw, so that's why I'm so desperate to spin it in properly
    Also if anyone can maybe approximate how fast they reckon that first serve at 0:12 is that'd be great too :P

ReputationRep:
    Raonic's looking pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Del Potro likely to be out for the rest of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMagicRat)
    Del Potro likely to be out for the rest of the season
    That's bad.

The important thing though is he made it back last time and by 2012 was better than he'd been when he won the US Open, in 2013 fitness and consistency were all that robbed him of Masters and even Wimbledon potentially. He did of course make it back to world number 3 and thumped Djokovic and Nadal more than once. The good news also is that this is actually the other wrist to 2010 so it seems the operation on the other has worked since it's been fine since and so should this one.

The good news is that it's all gone well and it's early in the season so perhaps he'll get a game or two at the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Nishikori beats Ferrer 7-6, 2-6, 7-6. In a game full of unforced errors, Ferrer squanders 4 MP's and loses 510 pts from the tournament and drops out of the Top 4.

ReputationRep:
    Nikishori defeats Federer, Djokovic defeats Murray.

Raonic plays Nadal but he's never had much success against him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Nikishori defeats Federer, Djokovic defeats Murray.

Raonic plays Nadal but he's never had much success against him.
    Djokovic to win Miami and then he will only be less than 1000 points of Nadal with the confidence of winning both IW and MI Nole goes into Clay season as a big favorite he takes back the No.1 ranking by winning 1 of the clay masters and also gains tons of points by making final of RG. Meanwhile Fed back in top 4 Murray no. 8?

ReputationRep:
    Nadal beat Roger in the AO semis, and was hampered by a bad back in the finals. Nishikori beat Roger in the Miami qtrs, and had to withdraw from the semis with a groin injury.

Players have to injure themselves to beat Roger this season!

ReputationRep:
    Can't believe both Nishikori and Berdych have withdrawn from their semi finals! Hopefully it'll be a good final, I think it's the first Nole/ Rafa clash of 2014 so should be good

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. I believe we've questioned the Berdych-Nadal mental state before.

ReputationRep:
    Nadal and Djokovic both into the finals after walkovers - Djoko has had 2 W/O in the same tournament!
    Hope it's a good match tomorrow though

ReputationRep:
    Absolute hard-court masterclass from Novak Djokovic as he does the Indian Wells - Miami double for the second time! Easily sees off the World No. 1 in straight sets. Everything working for him today

ReputationRep:
    Very proud of Nole today! Hopefully he can carry on this form for the rest of the season!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Very proud of Nole today! Hopefully he can carry on this form for the rest of the season!
    It was an awesome match from his side - the Championship point was a fitting way to end it as well!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krish4791)
    It was an awesome match from his side - the Championship point was a fitting way to end it as well!

Definitely pleasing for us Djokovic fans!

ReputationRep:
    Djokovic for the French?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JOR2010)
    Djokovic for the French?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looking like a real possibility - we'll see what he does in the clay Masters tournaments.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see Djokovic winning the French if he faces Nadal, to be honest he knows the clay game of Fed and Djokovic too well to lose on clay.

If there is a winner it'll probably be somebody like Tsonga, Almagro, Wawrinka, Berdych or Gasguet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    I don't see Djokovic winning the French if he faces Nadal, to be honest he knows the clay game of Fed and Djokovic too well to lose on clay.

If there is a winner it'll probably be somebody like Tsonga, Almagro, Wawrinka, Berdych or Gasguet.
    Yes Rafa is the favourite but some day he's bound to lose in RG I think if that day comes it'll be Djokovic or if Rafa has a really bad day and Stan a great one maybe Wawrinka but of course still very unlikely. The others you mentioned I definitely doubt would win RG since Djokovic is a much better clay court player than those so if Nadal beats him routinely those guys would be massacred

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lizzy95)
    Yes Rafa is the favourite but some day he's bound to lose in RG I think if that day comes it'll be Djokovic or if Rafa has a really bad day and Stan a great one maybe Wawrinka but of course still very unlikely. The others you mentioned I definitely doubt would win RG since Djokovic is a much better clay court player than those so if Nadal beats him routinely those guys would be massacred
    Technically every stat says Federer is a better clay court player than Djokovic, i don't think either are good enough to beat Nadal at the FO.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.