ReputationRep:
    THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS the grade boundaries will be low

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That 'reason for the boxes' on the QR code threw me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    I dunno to be fair, that was a gold paper in all but name. Not hard outside of exam conditions but with the pressure it would've been highly unfair.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Did you manage to finish G491?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but for the January 2010 paper with the A boundary of 34/60, the mean mark across all candidates was 23.3/60. Take that as you will as to whether you think this year's mean will be higher or lower.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kalios)
    Not sure if anyone's mentioned it, but for the January 2010 paper with the A boundary of 34/60, the mean mark across all candidates was 23.3/60. Take that as you will as to whether you think this year's mean will be higher or lower.
    Lower i assume

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that we should start an online petition and get signatures?
    We could use this website: http://www.ipetitions.com

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frank12365)
    Do you think that we should start an online petition and get signatures?
    We could use this website: http://www.ipetitions.com
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous. There is NOTHING we can do now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james-aitken)
    This is getting absolutely ridiculous. There is NOTHING we can do now.
    Why do you think everyone is complaining?

ReputationRep:
    Ok yeah the exam was **** and everything, but honestly the only thing OCR can really do now is lower grade boundaries further than ever before. There's not much point in doing petitions and stuff, even if it is just to show them they messed up. Hopefully they'll understand through all the emails that they need new exam writers, so that's all we can really do

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    I'm going through it with my physics teacher tomorrow so I'll try and write down all the answers we get through and put them up here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)
    I'll try to ask my teacher tomorrow - at the least I'll try to write down the questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Okkefac)
    So it seems my teachers screwed me over with the hardest chemistry and physics exam boards. Yipee.

Hopefully OCR's maths course is easy too, since I do that (the C1 exam was lovely, I think). I just checked out an OCR chemistry and wow, it is mostly just information and definitions, that sounds much nicer than the edexcel chemistry course.
    lol. I do AQA maths which is by far the easiest exam board for a-level maths, so your teachers are very good at picking the hardest exam boards. And I know, ocr b chemistry is lovely.

ReputationRep:
    My physics teacher told me that teachers all over the country, including grammar schools, have been complaining to OCR about this paper because everyone is pissed off about how hard it was. The question on materials was hardly even related to the specification. But the most significant problem with this paper is the amount of work you had to do in 1 hour, and very few people completed it. The grade boundaries should be very low, about 50-60% for an A grade because every year, the same percentage of candidates need to get a certain grade. The paper was inaccessible to most high grade candidates so the grade boundaries will come right down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DomStaff)
    Well they recommend 90. I think the a average student there has approximately 93% across all maths modules?

Yeah the FP1 paper was easy wasn't it, different but easy, but I just panicked on question 8 when I could see what was going wrong haha! Hopefully I can still get an average of about 98% if all else goes will this year.

I wish the same for you.
    Thank you very much! Good luck! (Thought surely u don't need it.) u mean the (z-w) one? Yeah I panicked but figured it out later- I checked on forum- everyone got stuck on it so don't worry. If u got the diagram but not the last bit, I heard u only loose 3 marks ish as most marks are for argand diagram.

My mistake was copying out the equation wrong from the question onto the page before I substituted new 3alpha+1, beta, gamma roots in. All co-efficients were wrong so that's like 5 marks. Hahah maths why are you so easy to even loose marks on gaaah I can't... Literally you lose concentration for a second and loose 100 ums...

And then physics happens.

Are u taking c2, s1, c3, s2 and m1?

ReputationRep:
    I told my teacher it was terrible.

He laughed in my face and told me everyone else found it easy. (Apparently he was making a joke)

Then he said I'm sure it wasn't that bad.

I nearly punched him in the face. But I didn't because that would be immature. At least I know he probably won't be able to do it... The physics teachers at our school are fails at teaching, although all the other subject ones seem mostly ok... Don't know why though... :/

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/poll...s&pollid=39454

ReputationRep:
    Overwhelmed by the barrage of nasty questions (at least I finished the paper, which is more that could be said for some...)

Name:  Overwhelmed.gif
Views: 669
Size:  293.1 KB

My physics teacher today said that, whilst he didn't have a problem with section A (charge-carrier density and powers of 10 question aside), it was unreasonable for us to be expected to complete section B in 40 minutes... He also said that a number of the questions, if worded better, would have made so much more sense
    Attached Images

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.