The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chukkeigh
Ooohhh I see. Yeah insaAllah really hope so! Has your Ramadan been good boo?

inshaAllah! you in 2nd year right?

yeaaah alhamdulillah its been ok, just harder these last few days for some reason lol. i get these really bad hunger pangs where i feel like fainting when i wake up but then it goes away after a while though.
adhiga nah?
Original post by Secretnerd123
inshaAllah! you in 2nd year right?

yeaaah alhamdulillah its been ok, just harder these last few days for some reason lol. i get these really bad hunger pangs where i feel like fainting when i wake up but then it goes away after a while though.
adhiga nah?

Finished 2nd year this summer alhamdullilah.

SubhanaAlla that sounds kinda bad. Make sure you drink loads of water at sahoor time and eat foods that have high protein content in them , ie a omlette.

Are you planning on a goodEid insaAllah. Kinda said that as you get older the excitement of Eid sorta dies down :/ inmy case this is anyways.
"Organisegareeyo" Afsomali iyo ingriis baa isku dareeysa. Caadi matihid :lol:

Haa waan gartay. Lakiin kuleelkaa adhiyoo sooman maxaa sameenkartiin?

Ramadanka uu iska fiicanyahay. Lakiin gaajo xun baa markaa soo kaco iqabato :frown: dhakhso buu ramadanka dhamaadhe lakiin soo ma'han? :nooo:

Ciida maxaa sameeyne?

maya maanta waxaa barbaaran ku sameyne malinta aa baxayno etc etc...
lakiin maalinta wexey noqonee ramadaanka kabacdi biithnillah

gaajada iska celi:fight::smile:

haa dhaqso

wili maaqaani waxaa ciida sameynayo loool how about you?
Original post by themorninglight
I just finished A2 Maths. Word of advice: it is craaaaaazy difficult compared to AS. You need to make sure you stay on top of the content and NEVER lag behind because you'll be done for. Also did you do S1 or M1? If you did S1 then you're lucky because S2 is a lot easier than S1. But C3 and C4... :frown: they still haunt my nightmares :frown:

p.s: sorry if I freaked you out but I wish someone had given me this kind of advice when I was starting year 13 wallahi. I just don't want you to be overly stressed like I was. InshaAllah you'll do great :smile:

i agree!!!

ther should have been jan exams for our year though as we did them the previous year :confused::mad:
Finished 2nd year this summer alhamdullilah.

SubhanaAlla that sounds kinda bad. Make sure you drink loads of water at sahoor time and eat foods that have high protein content in them , ie a omlette.

Are you planning on a goodEid insaAllah. Kinda said that as you get older the excitement of Eid sorta dies down :/ inmy case this is anyways.

jzk for the advice sis. i dont like to eat much for suhoor for some reason but i need to :frown:

haha yeaah same here. the fact that i get very little money if i even get any these days doesn't really help :lol:

hows brumtown? I used to love it but i went a few months ago for the first time in 3 years to visit my relatives and it was as dead as ever :eek: was glad to be back in london lmaoo

Original post by hugoalmeida

haa dhaqso

wili maaqaani waxaa ciida sameynayo loool how about you?

just masjid the casho with the family at night. nothing too special lol
For chem if you doing OCR holla at me boo I can help you with it. Main advice I can give you for chem is to do past exam papers. Do them a number of times and use it as a revision tool. When I was in my Alevels days I did 60% past papers and 40% working from the book. Evn if at first the questions seem foreign look at the answers and try and work it out from there. But yeah like I said if you need he'll just holla.

Thanks, i don't do OCR instead, i do aqa, but thanks advice and for the offer :tongue:
jzk for the advice sis. i dont like to eat much for suhoor for some reason but i need to :frown:

haha yeaah same here. the fact that i get very little money if i even get any these days doesn't really help :lol:

hows brumtown? I used to love it but i went a few months ago for the first time in 3 years to visit my relatives and it was as dead as ever :eek: was glad to be back in london lmaoo

just masjid the casho with the family at night. nothing too special lol

Salaam sis, brum town is hell :frown:. I seriously cannot wait to leave this city and hit up London insaAllah! That is my plan anyways, but Allahswt knows best. I even ask my mum to make dua for me that as soon as I finish uni, I find work in London or elsewhere. Not even lying here lmao.
Salaam sis, brum town is hell :frown:. I seriously cannot wait to leave this city and hit up London insaAllah! That is my plan anyways, but Allahswt knows best. I even ask my mum to make dua for me that as soon as I finish uni, I find work in London or elsewhere. Not even lying here lmao.

I feel you gurl!

I pray you find a good an amazing job out of brumtown once you finish inshaAllah! 🙌 x

Any plans for ze summer?
I feel you gurl!

I pray you find a good an amazing job out of brumtown once you finish inshaAllah! 🙌 x

Any plans for ze summer?

Amiin. Not at all tbh. Just relax really and chill with friends really and tweeet loads. Lol I am still obsessed with it.

Btw do know where fats and the italian somali girl went to?
Amiin. Not at all tbh. Just relax really and chill with friends really and tweeet loads. Lol I am still obsessed with it.

Btw do know where fats and the italian somali girl went to?

haha I remember the days I was also obsessed with twitter. might make a new account once I start uni :tongue:

I talk to fats on whatsapp sometimes. she's in morocco now. I haven't spoken to justmyself since like March :redface:
haha I remember the days I was also obsessed with twitter. might make a new account once I start uni :tongue:

I talk to fats on whatsapp sometimes. she's in morocco now. I haven't spoken to justmyself since like March :redface:

Oooh wow morrocco masaAllah. She must be enjoying life. You got any plans?
x

x

Did you guys receive FGM?
Original post by Abdul-Karim
Did you guys receive FGM?

Whats that?
Whats that?

Female genital mutilation.. I was reading up about it.
Oooh wow morrocco masaAllah. She must be enjoying life. You got any plans?

Not much, just similar to yours tbh. Just chilling. We're moving houses soon so can't wait although it'll be weird leaving an area i've lived since I was in year4 :tongue:
Female genital mutilation.. I was reading up about it.

How am I supposed to answer that? :K:
How am I supposed to answer that? :K:

Did you undergo the procedures?

A yes or no answer really :rolleyes:

If it's too personal you can say no comment.
Did you undergo the procedures?

A yes or no answer really :rolleyes:

If it's too personal you can say no comment.

No . its a traditional thing in Africa that doesn't happen often anymore
Lol Abdul Karim I can't believe you just asked that... That is wayyyyy too personal a question for anyone to ask another person, let alone a guy to be asking a bunch of girls :/

FYI, pretty much 0% of the somalis in this country will have had it done. It's cultural and generally, people who grew up in Africa in the past will have experienced when they were younger. Also I should add it's not always the kind of barbaric process they show in the news (as far as I know)
Original post by themorninglight
Lol Abdul Karim I can't believe you just asked that... That is wayyyyy too personal a question for anyone to ask another person, let alone a guy to be asking a bunch of girls :/

FYI, pretty much 0% of the somalis in this country will have had it done. It's cultural and generally, people who grew up in Africa in the past will have experienced when they were younger. Also I should add it's not always the kind of barbaric process they show in the news (as far as I know)

I was reading up on it at work and was wondering whether people in this country have had it done. Tbh, most users including yourselves have closed profiles on TSR so I don't see why personal experiences would matter very much. It seems like such a pre-historic practice which has no benefits. What are said benefits to FGM?

Quick Reply

Latest