Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gideon123)
    nooooooooo.......hamas killed thast baby and all the other civillian casualties...they didnt realise that there must be consequences for their actions and constantly breaking cease fires and fireing rockets in to israel has resulted in israel rightfully defending itself. Hamas and only hamas are to blame for palestinian casualties as they set up their rockets in areas populated with children and hospitals...they dont care about their own people and they are utter scum that need to be wiped from the face of the earth
    You jew basher, how can you even compare both sides the fire power is disproportionate

ReputationRep:
    thats not true!! many israelis believe in a two state solution and there is no reason why jews/israelis and palestinian muslims cannot live side by side in peace!!! however no democracy can cooperate with terorrists that want to kill jews...the current situation with the neighbouring counrties havent denounced terrorist organisations and thus there is war and conflict as THEY dont want peace!! i can assure you that if the terrorists put down their wepons and acknowleged a jewish state then of course their would be peace...however the mindset of the muslim extremes is to not have peace and to destroy israel....how can israel contend with these extremists and how can you then blame israel for there not being peace!?!?!?!?!?!?
    Those who you're calling terrorists have stood up for their rights, after all Palestine already existed even before the existence of Israel. I hate to sound like someone who divides people, but the truth is that Jewish people migrated to Palestine after the genocide of Jewish in Germany. So technically speaking, it is the land of Palestine, however I believe any nations can and should be able to live peacefully, but it didn't happen.

It is those innocent Palestinians who are brutally killed for no reason, just because they are Muslims and Palestinians, not the Israelis. Hard to believe people can call those helpless Palestinians "terrorists". There's a difference between a Taliban spreading terror and killing non-Muslims and those who are just trying to find a better place in their own country which was taken away from them and to get their basic human rights.

People in Gaza are deprived of food, water and medical service. It is the Israeli forces that are not letting the food and other supplies to the poor Palestinians. They are a innocent victims. Despite this I won't say to bomb Israel because that would not lead to peace, rather the international bodies should take a serious action on this.

ReputationRep:
    Hamas will be the death of Palestinians.

Starting to think Hamas are a suicide cult.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    how can you blame the settlements in west bank in response to what is happening in gaza... the gaza strip was given to the arabs and there were scenes of jews being thrown out of their homes all over the media. the palestinians had the opportunity to build and increase the peace and start up a better relationship with israel....but what did they do??? they used the gaza strip to attack israel with greater force... it just shows how giving back land to terrorists is a useless cause so dont blame jews for they seting up settlements in the west bank
    You seem to forget that the State of Palestine is BOTH the West Bank AND the Gaza Strip. Please at least learn the basics of the Politics, geography and history of it before rattling of insensible drivel. Some better grammar would probably help too.

ReputationRep:
    I just dont get it basically.

Explain in English, please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meenglishnogood)
    i would deem it a counter-attack, in an attempt to attack the source of terrorism. would you have issue with the americans attacking bin laden as a source of terrorism?
    As I have said, thank you for clarifying to us all that Israel is the one attacking here and is therefore the aggressor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabire3)
    That dude is hilarious. But, it's not a joking matter and he is completely correct. Evacuate to where? You notify civilians of a bomb by dropping a light bomb.... ****ing Israel...
    It is a joke.
    Israel's a joke.
    The fact that anyone is on Israels side is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    As I have said, thank you for clarifying to us all that Israel is the one attacking here and is therefore the aggressor.
    again you are too slow to understand that isnt whats being said, because the action is a response, to terrorism
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)
    Those who you're calling terrorists have stood up for their rights, after all Palestine already existed even before the existence of Israel. I hate to sound like someone who divides people, but the truth is that Jewish people migrated to Palestine after the genocide of Jewish in Germany. So technically speaking, it is the land of Palestine, however I believe any nations can and should be able to live peacefully, but it didn't happen.

It is those innocent Palestinians who are brutally killed for no reason, just because they are Muslims and Palestinians, not the Israelis. Hard to believe people can call those helpless Palestinians "terrorists". There's a difference between a Taliban spreading terror and killing non-Muslims and those who are just trying to find a better place in their own country which was taken away from them and to get their basic human rights.

People in Gaza are deprived of food, water and medical service. It is the Israeli forces that are not letting the food and other supplies to the poor Palestinians. They are a innocent victims. Despite this I won't say to bomb Israel because that would not lead to peace, rather the international bodies should take a serious action on this.
    The obvious solution is a death match between Khaled Mashal and Benjamin Netanyahu.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Hamas started the conflict and broke the cease fire twice, that Israel will not remove them from government means that they are not going far enough in my opinion.
    Could you list the dates and time when HAMAS "broke the ceasefire" which started the conflict?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    a stop the war march seems pointless without a stop islamist terrorism march to go along with it. israel would cease military activity in gaza tomorrow if the palestinian police force turned over every hamas rocket and terrosit to israel and also stop hamas from kidnappings. this is the only real way israel will stop operations - when there is no terrorists to respond to
    I believe those marches are already common and is distracting from the real issue at hand.

Because Israel is in such good talks with the ineffective police force of Gaza, you've obviously haven't been attention long enough to the conflict - Israel BOMBED the Police Chiefs house, killing 15 of whom no doubt were most if not all, civilians

How can you expect a Police Force to effectively control an army for the sake of a common oppressor that does not distinguish between civilians & military, and effectively sees both as worthless.

Why should Palestine have to hand over all of their weapons, when Israel will not do the same. Israel currently holds attack helicopters, jets, tanks, IFV's, as well as nuclear weapons that they have not admitted to nor have they signed the international Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, why should the Palestinians have to give up their weapons, however ineffective, but can be of use when defending themselves.

As for kidnappings, the Israeli state has done the same if not worse as it either holds numerous prisoners or bombs their homes without trials.

Israel would not stop as it not fighting a militant enemy,but seeks its objective of expelling and oppressing the Palestinians, as it does so outside these times of "war"/conflict. Palestinians homes are continuously being destroyed, settlements are built every year on Palestinian territory. Basic human rights of medical aid, safety, food & drink, power supplies are denied to them or controlled by the Israeli state.

This isn't an issue that has started over the last couple of weeks, this issue has been going on for many years, and until the Israelis withdraw from occupied territory, stop building settlements, and open the borders, the Palestinians will continue to fight oppression. In which innocent civilians from both sides are caught up in the conflict, and are denied a peaceful life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shahbaz)
    You jew basher, how can you even compare both sides the fire power is disproportionate
    i am a jew myself lol how am i jew bashing? all im saying is that israel is retaliating to rocket attacks and its not as if the fire power is disproportionate....the only difference in the number of casualties is because the israelis have the iron dome system...if they didnt have it then there would be a FAR greater number of israeli deaths...israel will never fire rockets unless its a necessity

ReputationRep:
    again you are too slow to understand that isnt whats being said, because the action is a response, to terrorism
    We have clarified that it is not a "defence" as Israeli propaganda has erroneously suggested.

It is in fact, an aggressive attack against people who are blockaded in a strip of land 5x smaller than London...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    The obvious solution is a death match between Khaled Mashal and Benjamin Netanyahu.
    They have not played their part, all they did is that they've divided the country. Even killing them won't help because the hatred between both nations have increased so much that after them, you'll find many like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tsr1269)
    Israeli propagandists have clearly got to you.

If you are invading another person's land, how exactly are you "defending"?

If you want "defence" you have the ID for that...
    well some people didnt get the sarcastic part of my post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    You seem to forget that the State of Palestine is BOTH the West Bank AND the Gaza Strip. Please at least learn the basics of the Politics, geography and history of it before rattling of insensible drivel. Some better grammar would probably help too.
    and yet there are palestinians living all over israel and yet not a single jew in gaza...talk about tolerance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GnomeMage)
    well some people didnt get the sarcastic part of my post!
    Sorry old fella, Started writing before I finished the first sentence.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maliha Ahmed)
    They have not played their part, all they did is that they've divided the country. Even killing them won't help because the hatred between both nations have increased so much that after them, you'll find many like them.
    It wasn't a serious suggestion, but I do reckon there is a tekken style game that is like it
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    and yet there are palestinians living all over israel and yet not a single jew in gaza...talk about tolerance
    And you still haven't answered my question. Do you think Argentina have a valid claim to the Falklands?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by getfunky!)
    I believe those marches are already common and is distracting from the real issue at hand. .
    not an anti islamist or anti terrorist march, no. i rarely see the muslim community march against either . ultimatly if there were no islamists, various issue would have been resolved by now, perhaps even palestine.
    Because Israel is in such good talks with the ineffective police force of Gaza, you've obviously haven't been attention long enough to the conflict - Israel BOMBED the Police Chiefs house, killing 15 of whom no doubt were most if not all, civilians .
    that was essntially my point, the police force is under the thumb of hamas, so israel essentially treats them as hamas henchmen.
    How can you expect a Police Force to effectively control an army for the sake of a common oppressor that does not distinguish between civilians & military, and effectively sees both as worthless. .
    a proper police force would - in palestines case they are jsut a local extension of the terrorist group

Why should Palestine have to hand over all of their weapons, when Israel will not do the same. Israel currently holds attack helicopters, jets, tanks, IFV's, as well as nuclear weapons that they have not admitted to nor have they signed the international Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty, why should the Palestinians have to give up their weapons, however ineffective, but can be of use when defending themselves. .
    becuase hamas cant be trusted to not fire them. israel have what they have becuase of the arab threat- and they invented/bought them fair and square didnt they? and the palestinians are not "defending themselves" - not once have i seen hamas engage incoming israeli forces - they simply try and blow up israeli shop keeprs it seems.

As for kidnappings, the Israeli state has done the same if not worse as it either holds numerous prisoners or bombs their homes without trials..
    ok
    Israel would not stop as it not fighting a militant enemy,but seeks its objective of expelling and oppressing the Palestinians, as it does so outside these times of "war"/conflict. Palestinians homes are continuously being destroyed, settlements are built every year on Palestinian territory. Basic human rights of medical aid, safety, food & drink, power supplies are denied to them or controlled by the Israeli state. .
    israel has the firepower to flatten the entire gaza strip if it so wished - so frankly what you suggest is ludicrous. if there were antoher way to guarantee prevention islamist terrorism im sure it would have been tried by now
    This isn't an issue that has started over the last couple of weeks, this issue has been going on for many years, and until the Israelis withdraw from occupied territory, stop building settlements, and open the borders, the Palestinians will continue to fight oppression. In which innocent civilians from both sides are caught up in the conflict, and are denied a peaceful life.
    well fyi as i pointed out to the numerous ignorants here, israel did essentially withdraw from gaxa 9 years ago, but all that has done is allow hamas to setup gaza as a rocket launching pad.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.