Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feli_a)
    and apart from LSE and UCL in London? If you had to choose between QMUL and Bath which would you choose?

As well concerning my PS.. how many books should I mention?
    Honestly I always though Bath was better but that might be me stereotyping, I never really looked into the London unis tbh...

Erm between 2 and 4 maybe, you don't want to just skim through them like I read this this and this, it wants to be more of what you learnt from them, and if you do that you cant write about more than a few within the character limit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Honestly I always though Bath was better but that might be me stereotyping, I never really looked into the London unis tbh...

Erm between 2 and 4 maybe, you don't want to just skim through them like I read this this and this, it wants to be more of what you learnt from them, and if you do that you cant write about more than a few within the character limit
    Okay good.
    To what uni have/are you gone/going?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Just sent my application omg
    good luck! where did you apply to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feli_a)
    Okay good.
    To what uni have/are you gone/going?

thanks
    (Original post by tabim26)
    good luck! where did you apply to?
    I sent my application last night, and I've applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Nottingham and Leeds

So weird to think I've actually applied now :O

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application last night, and I've applied to Cambridge, Warwick, Durham, Nottingham and Leeds

So weird to think I've actually applied now :O
    Which college did you apply to? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strawberrysnow)
    Which college did you apply to? :O

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Queens have you applied to cambridge too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Queens have you applied to cambridge too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not yet! Don't you remember me? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not yet! Don't you remember me? :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohhhh you're the one from the year below right? We had a really long message conversation??
    Sometimes I just don't look at usernames ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh you're the one from the year below right? We had a really long message conversation??
    Sometimes I just don't look at usernames ahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep! ^_^
    Luckily I have a year before I have to apply, but I'm still following this thread xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovyd97)
    I know the nature of university economics is very competitive and slightly random, but I have a question. I don't mean this in a cocky way, just trying to be honest and weigh up my options. When I say guaranteed I mean that the likelihood is high..

Am I basically guaranteed () an offer from at least one of these unis: Warwick, Bristol, UCL, Nottingham
    with AAAA at AS level in maths, chem, econ and further maths - A*A*A* A2 predictions - 8A* 3A at GCSE and a good personal statement and reference.
    You aren't guaranteed an offer from anywhere for econ at the top unis. Notts and Bristol are around 10 applicants per place, UCL is about 15 and LSE around 20.

Yes your chances are good but if your personal statement isn't up to scratch there is still a chance you could get no offers from them. UCL and LSE especially put a HUGE amount of emphasis on the personal statement since practically all applicants have straight As at AS, A* predictions at A2 and solid GCSEs.

I'm in my first year at UCL studying straight econ and from what I've seen talking to people so far, very few people here actually got A*AA. I would say the average would be 2/3A*s, and nearly everyone has done 4 or more A2s.

ReputationRep:
    I got an A*AB prediction and i'm worried it will affect my chances of getting an offer for an A*AA course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep! ^_^
    Luckily I have a year before I have to apply, but I'm still following this thread xD
    Yeah loads of time to think and prepare woo

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spyrogyra)
    I got an A*AB prediction and i'm worried it will affect my chances of getting an offer for an A*AA course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which A*AA unis are you thinking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Which A*AA unis are you thinking about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bristol/notts/bath

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Bristol/notts/bath

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is there anyway they can change it from an A to a B? I'd say it's less of an issue with them than it would be with the top 5 but obviously it would be better if you were predicted A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyway they can change it from an A to a B? I'd say it's less of an issue with them than it would be with the top 5 but obviously it would be better if you were predicted A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, yeah im trying hard to bump it to an A but my teacher is reluctant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, yeah im trying hard to bump it to an A but my teacher is reluctant

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which subject is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    You aren't guaranteed an offer from anywhere for econ at the top unis. Notts and Bristol are around 10 applicants per place, UCL is about 15 and LSE around 20.

Yes your chances are good but if your personal statement isn't up to scratch there is still a chance you could get no offers from them. UCL and LSE especially put a HUGE amount of emphasis on the personal statement since practically all applicants have straight As at AS, A* predictions at A2 and solid GCSEs.

I'm in my first year at UCL studying straight econ and from what I've seen talking to people so far, very few people here actually got A*AA. I would say the average would be 2/3A*s, and nearly everyone has done 4 or more A2s.
    Do you know if ucl take account of what school you come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr-96)
    Do you know if ucl take account of what school you come from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No I don't know for definite but I would guess they'd have higher expectations if you're from a really good school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bloxorus)
    No I don't know for definite but I would guess they'd have higher expectations if you're from a really good school.
    Okay thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.