Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samba
What's mine is mine, and what's yours is mine too? :biggrin:

Nah. What's mine is mine. :tongue:
Original post by samba
DOES ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY SCRABBLE?

My brain feels like mush from all the lack of sleep but yes! SCRABBLE! :woo:

I have been going to bed at my usual time and have been getting up at 3/4/5am and not being able to sleep any more, so maybe if I go to bed later, I will get up at the time I want to get up?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samba
DOES ANYBODY WANT TO PLAY SCRABBLE?

Haha, I think I'm gonna be alone forever too! Not because of lack of interest, I can be amazing and engaging when I want to be. But deep down, me, there's major issues and insecurities people wouldn't want to deal with!

kinda busy atm doing some daily stuff on-line & in games :tongue: but if im about later I might play scrabble :smile:

:console: im sure you will find someone who will want to support you with things, some people aren't very understanding sadly but there are nice people as well!
Reply 463
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
kinda busy atm doing some daily stuff on-line & in games :tongue: but if im about later I might play scrabble :smile:

:console: im sure you will find someone who will want to support you with things, some people aren't very understanding sadly but there are nice people as well!

Cool, I'll do a game or 2 each day for the next month most days, so plenty of chances :biggrin:

And nah, people promise so much and deliver so little :p:
Reply 464
Original post by Star-girl
My brain feels like mush from all the lack of sleep but yes! SCRABBLE! :woo:

I have been going to bed at my usual time and have been getting up at 3/4/5am and not being able to sleep any more, so maybe if I go to bed later, I will get up at the time I want to get up?

Maybe :biggrin: Sometimes it works, sometimes not!

http://wabble.org/ZPdc8f

Game start is 0045 :smile:
Original post by samba
Cool, I'll do a game or 2 each day for the next month most days, so plenty of chances :biggrin:

Totally agree

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 466
Original post by Odd socks

I generally keep my promises though and get hated on for it :p: This one girl lately is mad at me because I've apparently exposed how needy she is and she wants to be independence and not need guidance and that's my fault for supporting her :confused: Another I kinda let go because I didn't wanna get in too deep, then she is like omgneedemotions, yet has a bf and still expects me to stick around. God my relationships suck :p:
Original post by samba
Maybe :biggrin: Sometimes it works, sometimes not!

http://wabble.org/ZPdc8f

Game start is 0045 :smile:

I was too laaaaaate. :nooo:
Original post by samba
Haha, I drink perhaps.... 4-7 cups a day? :p: All I seem to do is drink coffee! Doesn't make me particularly tired though :biggrin: Oh well, me and sleep have no healthy relationship to speak of. We broke up long ago, and sleep together for brief flings before parting ways once more.

One swallow does not a summer make young lady! And logically speaking you have no need to be successful. The problem is in the mind!

And yea, I could send you some of the recipes I suppose :biggrin: Those truffles are so nice. And you could do her a birthday meal too! With lemon pie :eek:

I'm always right :p: No need to be sorry though! Yea, I'm doing better as per the news above, and I'm definitely going to uni now :smile: Still totally messed up in some ways, but slowly slowly! I'm catsitting for mum atm, she's jetted off somewhere for a week, so you can call/msg anytime this next week or so :yes:

That's amazing, well done you. :hugs: I'm also catsitting at the moment :five: :teeth:

you'd be surprised how many people will understand, like 1 in 3 or 4 people have MH issues at some point so there's loads of us out there! just have to meet em :smile: they won't think you are weird if they are nice though, and there are nice people out there, this thread is proof of that, there's others as well, for me one thing that helped a lot at Uni was my political interests & stuff, maybe join some societies when you are back at Uni? (are you there for another year or am I getting my head mixed up again? :tongue:), you will find people who understand though & they won't think you are weird so you will make friends and stuff :hugs:

sorry to hear you feel so tired & stuff, I know how hard things can be when you feel like that, are your support things helping? (sorry I feel awful now I can't remember what support you have :/) hopefully you will find some energy soon, I know how draining & frustrating it can be when you feel tired all the time! :hugs:

Thanks, I know you're not feeling great so appreciate the reply. Support basically consists of GP who I see sporadically (seen him 3 times in 3 months :/ ) and CBT which is totally frustrating and really crap. Things are kinda disjointed tbh. hope you're ok :hugs:
Reply 469
Original post by ScaryScience
That's amazing, well done you. :hugs: I'm also catsitting at the moment :five: :teeth:

Cats are the best :biggrin: I still think you should get one! And pm moi :smile:
Original post by samba

cool :smile: scrabble is always good fun!

true, but I never thought I would find anyone who understood me, so far in my life I have been lucky enough to have found two, one of whom was a very dear friend till I manage to **** things up, the other one is my girlfriend, so it can happen that you meet people who understand!

Thanks, I know you're not feeling great so appreciate the reply. Support basically consists of GP who I see sporadically (seen him 3 times in 3 months :/ ) and CBT which is totally frustrating and really crap. Things are kinda disjointed tbh. hope you're ok :hugs:

it's okay, I try to reply when I can, though obviously can be harder sometimes depending on mood and stuff! ah okay, GP supportive/understanding when you see them at least? maybe try & see them more about things? fair enough, CBT isn't for everyone, it wasn't much help for me either but there are other therapies out there, they are doing like a different less thought based one with me (or at least started to, need to call for more appointments!) support being disjointed definitely won't help, will just make things confused & frustrating, hopefully you can get things sorted soon though! :hugs:
Original post by samba
Cats are the best :biggrin: I still think you should get one! And pm moi :smile:

I'm not allowed one :sad: And my cat scratches and bites which makes me sad :sad:

cool :smile: scrabble is always good fun!

true, but I never thought I would find anyone who understood me, so far in my life I have been lucky enough to have found two, one of whom was a very dear friend till I manage to **** things up, the other one is my girlfriend, so it can happen that you meet people who understand!

it's okay, I try to reply when I can, though obviously can be harder sometimes depending on mood and stuff! ah okay, GP supportive/understanding when you see them at least? maybe try & see them more about things? fair enough, CBT isn't for everyone, it wasn't much help for me either but there are other therapies out there, they are doing like a different less thought based one with me (or at least started to, need to call for more appointments!) support being disjointed definitely won't help, will just make things confused & frustrating, hopefully you can get things sorted soon though! :hugs:

thanks... my GP is nice. He's calming and listens. But it tends to just be a chat rather than anything else. I'm sick of no one ever doing anything. I always find myself being mad because I keep going to these appointments and so am basically inflicting this on myself, but I always think that the second I give up is the second before I find someone really good who changes my life, if that makes sense. :/
Original post by samba
I generally keep my promises though and get hated on for it :p: This one girl lately is mad at me because I've apparently exposed how needy she is and she wants to be independence and not need guidance and that's my fault for supporting her :confused: Another I kinda let go because I didn't wanna get in too deep, then she is like omgneedemotions, yet has a bf and still expects me to stick around. God my relationships suck :p:

Hmm, sounds like with the second girl you're better off not being involved if she already had a boyfriend :hugs:

Join the club, at least you've had relationships :/ guys put up with me for about 3 weeks before they get fed up and dump me

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks... my GP is nice. He's calming and listens. But it tends to just be a chat rather than anything else. I'm sick of no one ever doing anything. I always find myself being mad because I keep going to these appointments and so am basically inflicting this on myself, but I always think that the second I give up is the second before I find someone really good who changes my life, if that makes sense. :/

mm, fair enough, is good he listens at least! maybe tell him you are frustrated at not having more support or things happening? he might do more then! yeah I get what you are saying for sure, maybe ask your CBT person to try to do something different or maybe try to do things in a way you think might help you more? if that's possible? :hugs:
Reply 474
Original post by Odd socks
Hmm, sounds like with the second girl you're better off not being involved if she already had a boyfriend :hugs:

Join the club, at least you've had relationships :/ guys put up with me for about 3 weeks before they get fed up and dump me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think my longest is about 3 months :biggrin: Maybe a tiny bit little more! I'm older though, so yea! second one basically wants me to tell her to break up with him and commit fully, which I'm not gonna do. She'll be happier with him anyway lol!
Nooooo I missed scrabble! :eek: :biggrin: :getmecoat:

In an odd mood this evening, but will reply to peeps tomorrow :redface: Hugs to everyone, particularly odd socks, meatyman and scary :hugs:

Watched Perks of being a Wallflower - such a good film!!! Loved it to pieces, so so beautiful :redface: Watched it at a good late evening time too :smile:
Left me in a hugely pensive mood, so wrote like 10 pages in diary, which was nice :redface: Just had a shower and slightly more settled/less pensive now, might watch some family guy or something. (Scrabble though :frown:)

But yeah on the whole been the best evening in a while, not been *happy* but pensive, and nice being completely alone when feeling that - which I am! :smile:

Around for a bit if anyone needs to chat, might try and reply to earlier people but may just wait til tomorrow, sorry :s-smilie: :colondollar:
mm, fair enough, is good he listens at least! maybe tell him you are frustrated at not having more support or things happening? he might do more then! yeah I get what you are saying for sure, maybe ask your CBT person to try to do something different or maybe try to do things in a way you think might help you more? if that's possible? :hugs:

There's not much point really, I probably won't even see him before I go back to uni now :s-smilie: He just says 'Come back in a few weeks if you want' and that makes me feel like I'm wasting his time. Thanks anyway :hugs:

Original post by purple-duck
Nooooo I missed scrabble! :eek: :biggrin: :getmecoat:

In an odd mood this evening, but will reply to peeps tomorrow :redface: Hugs to everyone, particularly odd socks, meatyman and scary :hugs:

Watched Perks of being a Wallflower - such a good film!!! Loved it to pieces, so so beautiful :redface: Watched it at a good late evening time too :smile:
Left me in a hugely pensive mood, so wrote like 10 pages in diary, which was nice :redface: Just had a shower and slightly more settled/less pensive now, might watch some family guy or something. (Scrabble though :frown:)

But yeah on the whole been the best evening in a while, not been *happy* but pensive, and nice being completely alone when feeling that - which I am! :smile:

Around for a bit if anyone needs to chat, might try and reply to earlier people but may just wait til tomorrow, sorry :s-smilie: :colondollar:

Glad you're feeling okay :h:
Somehow lost the scrabble chat :s-smilie: I pressed my name :eek:

Glad you're feeling okay :h:

Thanks :redface: Sorry, just about to find your message/reply :redface: :smile:

We miss you :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh, don't worry about it hun, no rush/pressure etc. It's totally fine, you know me :redface:

Latest